More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:46:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  I'm Just Not Awesome Enough ... I Need Help, Please
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I'm Just Not Awesome Enough ... I Need Help, Please  (Read 18285 times)
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
I'm Just Not Awesome Enough ... I Need Help, Please
« on: 2009 December 27, 08:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've previously used Awesome Mod, love it, no problems.  Then, I quit playing Sims 3.  Now, someone gave me World Adventures, so I'm trying to play again.  I deleted all my mods before installing WA, and the game is loading and playing -- finally.  It's patched and updated, so it's now Version 2.3.33.003001.

I downloaded the latest AM and a new config file, but so far, I haven't been able to get it to work.  After a lot of crashes on loading, I started reading messages here and have been working my way through the problems.  I printed out and followed the steps from coconnor (very helpful) and now the game loads, and all appears well ... except "showconfig" results in "unknown command showconfig".  The game apparently will not recognize AM, so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I have AM and the config file installed in WA/Mods/Packages.  I have the resource.cfg file in WA (not in Mods).  The .dll file is in both Game/Bin folders.  I also re-installed the framework files before doing anything else. 

At this point, I've tried everything little old un-awesome me knows to try.  I came back, searched the boards a little more, but I haven't yet found a solution.  I'm hoping maybe some awesome player out there can help me get my game to recognize this Awesome Mod!  I really don't want to play without it.

AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: I'm Just Not Awesome Enough ... I Need Help, Please
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 27, 09:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your resource file allow you to use sub-folders? I had that problem. It wasn't in a sub-folder but when I edited my resource file it worked out for me...

EDIT: Paste what's inside the resource file here (open it with notepad) and I'll see if I can help.

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 27, 09:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I edited the resource file according to coconnor's instructions, although I'm not sure if that needed to be done or not.  In the Sims 3 directory, my package directory has different sub-directories/folders (although they're empty).  The WA package directory has no sub-directories. 

Here's how my resource.cfg file looks:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 27, 09:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the framework folder you download from here there is a "Files" folder. It contains another resource file in it. Although I don't exactly know what it's for, I still put it there (next to the packages folder) and edit it every time I edit the original resource file (in the directory). Do you have it? Maybe it might help.

I'm stressing on working with the resource files cause that was my issue in the past...

EDIT: I don't have WA so I don't have that much experience with knowing where the files should go: In the Sims 3 directory or WA directory...
Just to make sure, here are some things you should consider:
1) Did you use the online config tool?
2) If you did, you should put it AND the original awesome mod download in the SAME place.
3) Did you get the TEST version or just the normal version. You should get the test version cause you have the latest patch.
4) What other mods do you have?
5) I'll come up with other things later...
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 10:19:56 by AloeOwl » Logged

BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 27, 10:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point, I'm willing to consider anything.  I do have the resource.cfg file in the "Files" directory, so I'll update it, as well.  I probably have the Files/Resource.cfg in both the Sims 3 and the WA directories, and I'll try updating both of them.  

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try that now.

EDIT: OK, tried it.  Unfortunately I still get the unknown command error when I try to show the configuration. It simply refuses to acknowledge that I have AM.  I think tomorrow I might try starting fresh on one of my other computers. Maybe I can figure something out.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 10:19:41 by BooHooBooBoo » Logged
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 27, 10:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Blank"

Just making sure you look at the EDIT I made in my last post

BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 27, 16:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks ... just caught your edit now.  I had d/l'd the first version, not the "test" version, so maybe that's why I'm having problems.  Everything else checks out, so now this will give me something else to try.  I appreciate it.  EA's game "out of the box" lacks so much ... it's really awful.  I sure hope I can get AM working so I can enjoy the game again.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 27, 16:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks ... just caught your edit now.  I had downloaded the first version, not the "test" version, so maybe that's why I'm having problems.  Everything else checks out, so now this will give me something else to try.  I appreciate it.  EA's game "out of the box" lacks so much ... it's really awful.  I sure hope I can get AM working so I can enjoy the game again.

Okay, first off the mods/files folder shouldn't even be there. It is irrelevant to you. Delete it. Secondly, did you try the mods/packages folder in the base game directory first, like coconnor says to do?

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 27, 21:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks ... just caught your edit now.  I had downloaded the first version, not the "test" version, so maybe that's why I'm having problems.  Everything else checks out, so now this will give me something else to try.  I appreciate it.  EA's game "out of the box" lacks so much ... it's really awful.  I sure hope I can get AM working so I can enjoy the game again.

Okay, first off the mods/files folder shouldn't even be there. It is irrelevant to you. Delete it. Secondly, did you try the mods/packages folder in the base game directory first, like coconnor says to do?

I didn't know what the Files folder was for and just mentioned it to see if it would help. It seems the problem is BooHooBooBoo had the "older" non-test version.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 28, 02:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, it's like the retarded leading the blind!  Good times.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 28, 14:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOOK a hypocrite!!! Can I poke it mommy?? Tongue

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 28, 17:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your mother says that she would much rather follow my advice any day of the week.  She means no offense, really, just that, well, you're retarded. 
But she still loves you, I'm sure.
sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 31, 06:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your mother says that she would much rather follow my advice any day of the week.  She means no offense, really, just that, well, you're retarded. 
But she still loves you, I'm sure.

Except that you have no advice.

The the OP:

Q: Are you starting sims from the world adventures icon?

It works for me to have AM in the TS3 Mods/Packages folder

Buffy
Tasty Tourist

Patience is not a virtue, it is a waste of time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 31, 23:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem.  Game is fully patched. downloaded the latest AM this morning.  My game is not recognizing the mod at all.  I am starting the game with the World Adventure icon.  When I tried loading game with mod in the folder : TS3 Mods/Packages folder, the game just didn't load at all.  it's now in my : WA/Mods/Packages.  only difference now is that my game is loading and working fine except that it does not recognize the mod.
sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 01, 05:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clarify "not loading at all"?

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 01, 06:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Just crap to disregard.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 01, 08:29:44 by DigiGekko » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 01, 06:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FRAMEWORK FAIL

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 January 01, 06:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine's working now, for whatever reason. Weird Sims 3 dark voodoo.

For the rest of you, yeah, make sure you install the framework first before complaining.
Buffy
Tasty Tourist

Patience is not a virtue, it is a waste of time

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 January 01, 16:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have reinstalled all the framework already.  It was the first thing I did.  The game just gets stuck on the loading screen but the loading bar does not move.(gets stuck at the beginning).  This is only when the files are in the TS3 Mods/Packages folder though.  I moved it to the WA/Mods/Packages folder and game is now loading but does not detect the mod.

Will start over again then, thanks for your help guys.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 January 02, 18:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double posting is frowned upon here. That should have been a modification of your first post. Additionally, save thanks for the "Thanks!" button.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
bamoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 January 09, 19:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having some issues with this as well. I have been reading about this mod for a while, and my eyes are starting to bleed. Obviously I haven't read enough. I was not orginally using Helper Monkey to install any of my custom content, and it was working fine in game. I had downloaded a different core mode to add more sliders in CAS. The framework was correct; I know so because I was able to access the extra sliders in the game. I deleted that mod and installed the AM- also deleting the cache in the My Documents folder. Opened game, and showconfig did not work. So I installed the Delphy's framework helper, which says I have the correct framework. Before this I installed Helper Monkey to see if it was better than manually copying all the files, and now my CC is not showing up in game and when I click on the packages, it says they are already installed. I have tried to unistall HM with to no avail. So basically I went from some understanding of how to add CC to totally screwing up what I had already done. Not so awesome! Any suggestions? I am on Windows 7.
I realize some of this is not related to the Awesomeware, but ultimately my goal is to get my CC in game again with AwesomeMod installed.

I do have screenshots of my files and such.  
« Last Edit: 2010 January 09, 20:38:43 by bamoram » Logged
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 January 09, 20:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your eyes need to bleed over in The Horror section.  There is enough on this topic there to ensure blindness, FOR LIFE.
bamoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 January 09, 21:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done some bleeding over there. But, I will continue.

Edit: Well, I have fixed the some of the CC issues. Now I am just trying to figure why I can't get AM to work properly. What's weird is that most of my mods are just hair and clothes, etc. but, the ones that aren't, now are not functioning. Even after deleting the AM the mods like blur removal do not show up. I'll have to make sure they are still in there. But, I still cannot get AM going.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 09, 21:15:16 by bamoram » Logged
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 January 09, 21:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done some bleeding over there. But, I will continue.

My advice:

I believe whoever created the sliders over at MTS2 addresses the core mod issue in detail, even pertaining to and referencing the use of AwesomeMod.

You also failed to mention whether you are using the latest patch.  Are you playing WA?  If so, you need to make slight modifications to get your CC to show up.  Was your CC in .package form or Sims3pack form?  You need to provide a little more info than, "is not working, halp!"  Then the help desk can point you in the right direction.
bamoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 January 09, 21:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read most of that, but I will go back and read it again. I am not sure I know where the creator discussed it in detail. I think it was just the basic instructions for the fact that you needed one of the core mods inorder to have all of the sliders.

I am playing the base game, and I have the 1.8 version. The CC is in .package format.

I think the CC issues are all mostly that they got deleted somehow (by me or the person who used my computer without permission). Just need to figure out why AM isn't being recognized.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 09, 22:32:30 by bamoram » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: