More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:14:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  More visitors XML mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More visitors XML mod  (Read 18023 times)
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
More visitors XML mod
« on: 2009 December 25, 23:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will be my first ever shared file.  This came from an AM request.  I sometimes see requests for things that I created XML hacks to do in my game, and thought-- in my Christmas Day boredom-- I might actually share one.

This simply increases the amount of visitors that will come ringing your active fambly's doorbell.  Warning:  It also manipulates the number of people at other venues in a way that I consider beneficial, but you may or may not.

I increased my own game's increase in the number of visitors to try to make sure people will notice the difference.  But don't worry, as it won't cause tons of visitors at any given time.  I know it works, as I've had it in my game since 1.7.9 and had a similar one before (I just had to update for 1.7.9 and 1.8 ).

Here's the Mediafire URL:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/wryuwimmodj/MoreVisitors.package.  If something's broken, please let me know.

UPDATED FOR AMBITIONS (I just realized this was needed):  http://www.mediafire.com/?m6u177lx4a5ex8g.

UPDATED FOR LATE NIGHT: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ovvscnkwfktpmm4/MoreVisitorsLN.rar
« Last Edit: 2010 November 07, 01:03:21 by Anonym » Logged
kittyuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: More visitors XML mod
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 27, 21:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was asking for help in getting more sims to visit the lots, and downloaded your file.  I do now have loads of visitors coming to the lots, so it worked for me......thank you so much  Kiss
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 29, 03:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this work with WA?

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
kittyuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 29, 11:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have WA and it works for me!
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 30, 21:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this work with WA?

Yes, this should work with 1.7.9, 1.7.11, 1.8, and WA (tested by me only on 1.7.9 and 1.8).  I'm pretty sure any XML mod (as opposed to possibly some script mods or core mods) that works with 1.8 will work with WA, as in either case we're modifying the same Gamplaydata.package file.

It's very possible that even script mods and core mods are compatible with WA if they're compatible with the base game patch level you have (as AM is and Twallan's script mods seem to be), as EAxis may have done the same things with the files they modify that they did with the files XML mods modify, by updating the files in the patch and just requiring the EP to activate those parts of them.
yunath
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 18, 22:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't work anymore with AMB. If there could be an update to accommodate the new expansion pack, I will squeal happily and love you lots.  Grin
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 18, 23:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't work anymore with AMB. If there could be an update to accommodate the new expansion pack, I will squeal happily and love you lots.  Grin

That's reason enough there not to update it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 20, 19:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay.  I just noticed the post.  I'll get an update in asap (I know, not much help now that a new EP is about to come out, which will make this one obsolete), but I mod the file for myself so it's just a matter of tweaking a few things (I put more visitors in the one I made than I put in my own) getting into my old account or creating a new one.

I'll also remember after Late Night comes out to post a new new one.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?m6u177lx4a5ex8g
« Last Edit: 2010 October 20, 19:16:18 by Anonym » Logged
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 07, 01:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Late Night version is up (should work with the Late Night patch, with or without the expansion):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ovvscnkwfktpmm4/MoreVisitorsLN.rar
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 April 27, 23:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind updating this for the recent OLS patch?
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

Vintage Sims: because technology ruined us

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 May 31, 02:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^^ seconded, although now we might as well ask for a Generations update.  In any event, update humbly requested! Smiley  I'm tired of my "hot spots" being deader than an arctic winter.
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 June 08, 15:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll do a Generations patch update once I get the Generations patch, which probably will happen very shortly after Pescado puts up a non-test version of AM for that patch.  Mine didn't break when OLS came out, although it's possible I never patched to that, except that my other mods including AM all work, which I wouldn't think would be the case if I hadn't patched it but was using mods for the patch.

In the past, my mod has needed updates for EP patches, but not SP patches.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 08, 15:35:01 by Anonym » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: