More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:06:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  EA/Maxis "Sim2" content disappeared. Please help...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA/Maxis "Sim2" content disappeared. Please help...  (Read 9372 times)
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
EA/Maxis "Sim2" content disappeared. Please help...
« on: 2009 December 29, 19:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the Maxis "sim" content disappeared from my Sims2 base game.  This includes eye colors, hairstyles, clothes, make-up, etc.  I have all the Sims2 EPs and Stuff packs.

I uninstall the EPs, stuff packs, and the Sims2 base game as well as the custom content in the download folder -- the works.  (I also uninstalled the Sims3 game and the Sims3 ep)

I reinstall the Sims2 base game, and then went into CAS to create a Sim -- No Maxis content -- of any kind!!!   Cry

Please help!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: EA/Maxis "Sim2" content disappeared. Please help...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 29, 20:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you install an expansion pack? Have you turned the custom content back on in the options panel?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 29, 21:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for the reply.

So far, I have only reinstalled the Sims2 base game.  I have not moved any cc into the download folder.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 30, 00:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The base game does not recognize subfoldery. FINISH INSTALLING FIRST.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 30, 14:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, Pescado, for your note. Smiley  

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post because the original base game does have hairstyles and clothes.
When I completed installation of the base game, Panels 1 through 5 in my Create-A-Sim were completely blank.
(Panel 1: Randomize Sims; Panel 2: Heads; Panel 3: Hair and face; Panel 4: Makeup, facial hair, and glasses;
Panel 5: Clothing).  Panel 6 seems to be unaffected:  I can select the personality and aspiration for a newly
created sim.

I have the following folders in the Sims2 file:  CSBin, Support, TSBin, and TSData

The Sims2 EA Games "document" folders include: Cameras, Collections, Config, Downloads,
HTTPCache, Logs, LotCatalog, Movies, Music, Neighborhoods, Projects, SavedSims,
SC4Terrains, Storytelling, Teleport, and Thumbnails.

If I have misunderstood what you are trying to tell me, could you please provide a little more detail?

« Last Edit: 2009 December 30, 23:34:15 by cereus » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 30, 14:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 30, 14:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have actual game content missing then this indicates that your install is broken; uninstall completely and reinstall the basegame again.
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 30, 15:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!!!  That bunny is soooo cute. rofl

Simsample you identified the problem.  I uninstalled the base game and reinstalled.  It worked!
Sometimes, there is a simple solution.

Thanks for your help.

cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 30, 18:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spoke too soon.   Embarrassed

I reinstalled the Sims2 base base.  The panels in CAS were okay.  I saw faces, hairstyles, clothes, makeup, glasses, etc.

Then I reinstalled University.

Then I reinstalled NightLife.  Rechecked CAS.  "No" items on the five panels which includes faces, hairstyles, clothes, makeup, glasses, ugly hats, etc.

I'm back where I started.  Asking for expert computer techie help.  **whine,whimper,beg**

deleted pics - installed game on old computer....  
« Last Edit: 2010 February 17, 14:43:28 by cereus » Logged
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 30, 20:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. That's fucked up. Maybe there's a problem with the disc? Can you not get a refund or exchange it for another?

cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 30, 20:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  It's a mess.  I am going to install it on my laptop.  If all the CAS items are on the laptop display, I'll know it's my desktop computer which means a total wipe of my hard drive.

If the CAS items are missing on the laptop, it means a trip to Wal-Mart tonight.  (Hate that, because there's a ton of snow out there.  Ok, not exactly a ton, but lots.)

I'm still hoping one of MATY's genius techs can help.  **whine,whimper,beg**
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 30, 21:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that the Pleasure aspiration, which should come with NightLife, is also missing. Looks like the NightLife installation messed up this time? What happens if you uninstall NL?

What about objects/furniture, does it show up? Does NL stuff show up? Can you add a downtown, and do the lots work?
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 30, 22:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tarlia, the pictures are of the reinstalled base game only.  The furniture seems to be okay at this point.

The panels were empty when I reinstalled NightLife.

*****   ~~~~~~     *******     ~~~~~~~~~     ************

I installed Sims2 base game on laptop.  So far, I have faces, hairstyles, makeup, clothes, etc.

Getting ready to install University.  I'm wondering if I might have downloaded something that would have
caused this, such as a replacement or deletion of defaults in CAS thumbnails.  I thought, perhaps, this was
a possiblilty when I uninstalled my game and eps, stuff packs.

But, that shouldn't be causing this on a reinstall, should it? 
« Last Edit: 2009 December 30, 22:48:01 by cereus » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 30, 22:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....are you modifying the install path for the expansions in any way? It looks to me as if you may be installing the expansions on top of the base game files instead of leaving them to default.
What is the install path for the Base game? What install path are the expansions using when you install them?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 30, 22:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi  morriganrant.  The install path for the Sims2 base game in C: program files/EA Games/The Sims2.  The following subfolders in that file are CSBin, Support, TSBin, TSData

The second path is:  Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2.  The following subfolders in that file are Camera, Collections, Config, Logs, LotCatalog, Movies, Music, Neighborhoods, SC4Terrains, Storytelling, Teleport, Thumbnails, and then the Groups.cache
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 31, 06:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi  morriganrant.  The install path for the Sims2 base game in C: program files/EA Games/The Sims2.  The following subfolders in that file are CSBin, Support, TSBin, TSData

It's only the program files install paths that are important.
Since your base game is C: program files/EA Games/The Sims2, what are the other folders in C: program files/EA Games?
You install paths for Uni and nightlife should be
C: program files/EA Games/The Sims 2 University
C: program files/EA Games/The Sims 2 Nightlife

After you uninstalled everything, did you make sure that there were no Sims 2 or Sims 2 expansion pack folders left in EA Games?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 31, 07:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, before you reinstall, make sure you check that there are no traces of the game remaining in the registry.

Clean Uninstall SimsWiki
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 31, 14:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!!!  I have been playing (and uninstalling/reinstalling) this game since Sims2 first came out in 2004/2005.  I love this game, but it makes me nuts!

I installed the Sims2 base game, University, and Nightlife on my laptop last night (lots more eps/stuff packs to install).  So far, everything is showing up in CAS.  grrrrr, I knew there had to be something stuck or hiding somewhere on my desktop computer.  I copied the instructions from SimsWiki because they are so great.  I was just using the uninstall tool in my control panel.

Thank you so much morriganrant and Simsample for the info on remaining files in the registry.  I'll be spending New Year's Eve day trying to get this to work.  If all goes well, I'll have great news soon. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: