More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:19:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to place opened tent?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to place opened tent?  (Read 12704 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
How to place opened tent?
« on: 2009 December 23, 21:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to place tents on community lots for poor "homeless" sims. But when I place the tents from WA, they are rolled up. When I send sims to sleep, they can't open it. I guess I can have a sim buy some tents, go to a community lot, and place and leave them around, and then save the lot.  But that's too  much prep for each new hood. I want to make a lot that's ready to plot. Also I'd like to put it in a world.

I saved some camps from the adventures hoods, and they have opened tents. Apparently it can be done, but how?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 24, 03:15:46 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to place opened tent?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 24, 01:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find the way to do that in Buy mode, but you can try:

1. Select the household you play.
2. Select the sim that has some tents in his/her inventory.
3. Move the camera to the location you want to put the tent in. (You don't have to move the sim itself.)
4. Open the inventory, click the tent and click 'Place.'
5. Put the tent down.

Sorry if it was too obvious.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 24, 01:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That shouldn't work with AM updated though.
>NPCs should no longer hijack player tents.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 24, 01:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then how about making a dummy sim, move the sim in the empty lot, buy some tents in the debug mode and place them in the community location? You can then save that community lot to the library and evict & remove the dummy sim. Damn, it's too much effort, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 24, 19:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The placeable tents on premade lots are special. They are not the same as your regular tents. In fact, trying to place them all seems to bugger up the game. If you edit the Egyptian lot, for instance, and try to clone the tents, the result is a fucked up tent with mutilated textures.

So basically, we're not sure how to do this or if it is even possible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 28, 21:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure?

I cloned the tent on a camp from China and made a little camp ground in a custom hood. It looks fine. Don't know about the big tent, because I haven't found it in a premade lot.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
baileywll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 04, 12:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have managed to unlock the opened up tents, they appear in the community lot build mode, under community objects all. 

You can find them at prettysims.com
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 04, 20:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like them too, but I am a member at so many places that I never even go to again. Now when I follow the links to a nice pretty I often try to login first just in case I am already a member there, other places I just do not bother. I second an upload into Pudding Factory, I suspect there are at least a good handful of people who would want them.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 06, 01:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second an upload into Pudding Factory, I suspect there are at least a good handful of people who would want them.

Thirded!

-----
This sig don't say nothing.
pkmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 09, 02:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty Sims is pretty lame. Download it from here. If you don't have MTS acount, go here.
Spirit Fox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 03, 21:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That just catagorizes the tents. Everyone else is talking about placing them on community lots already open.
Which. I can not find a mod for. Since Pretty Sims's downloads are messed up right now and I can not download the mod that allows me to do so, I will have to continue looking.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 03, 23:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went and registered, here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?wjj2yd2w4ty
Lydia_Kettle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 04, 14:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been watching this post for a wee while to see when someone would do that, knew it would happen.

You only had to pm one of us to get the tents mod mailed to you.  These are free downloads and there is no need to steal them.  Drat, I had to sign up here for an account to make this comment.  blah!!!

Our download issue just means you have to sign out then back in and they all work, we've been looking into this for a while and haven't come up with an answer as to why it happens.

Remember, you don't have to steal our downloads, they're free, just ask and you will receive.  I do hope you at least give Bill credit for the work he did on it.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 March 04, 14:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one can PM you without registering, point is no one wanted to register for one download. No one took credit for it, so go bah somewhere else.

Also, painkiller registered after this thread was made, so I suspect that attempted drama bomb is made of FAIL.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Lydia_Kettle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 March 04, 15:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was no attemped drama bomb.  I also had to sign up here to make a comment, it's the way of the web.  Had to sign up to make one lousy comment about stealing something that's free anyway.  It was actually blah I said, not bah, lol, this site is hilarious as is the stealing of free stuff. 

I won't be back over on this, all I am saying is pay stuff is one thing, but free stuff?  How lame is that?.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 March 05, 01:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are saving your bandwidth, you should be grateful!

INTJ
pkmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 March 05, 01:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That just catagorizes the tents. Everyone else is talking about placing them on community lots already open.

Permanent tents and public picnic blanket can be found in the Miscellaneous Debug sub-category.

You didn't read, did you? The mod recategorizes permanent and non-permanent tents.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 March 05, 01:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't the only one who wanted to use the tents in community lots so I shared the mod... Didn't have any demoniac plan, nope.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: