More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:49:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Nectar from WA, recipes, and facts wanted
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nectar from WA, recipes, and facts wanted  (Read 9923 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
Nectar from WA, recipes, and facts wanted
« on: 2009 December 23, 09:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there.

I've been searching high and low, and although MATY is usually the palce to go to, if you want to know something definitive about how the game works, unfortunately I am drawing a blank when it comes to nectar making and the recipes involved.

I am well aware that there are a few hundred thousand combinations that can be done when it comes to Nectar recipes, but I am sure there must be some kind of logic to which combos yield the best nectar, both simoleon-wise, and taste-wise.
I have done searches both on MATY and on Google, and have found the site by Carl, where there is a somewhat in depth explanation of some of the workings, but I lack a more definitive answer to which combos are the most ultimate. So, I come here asking for an answer, as I am sure someone here knows the Most Awesome Nectar(tm) combination.

Thank you very much in advance for all replies, both positive and negative.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Lena
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Nectar from WA, recipes, and facts wanted
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 23, 09:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked this wiki?

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Nectar_Making

There's some good information there.

Personally, I find the best nectar is one with flame fruit since there's a flame effect on the glass, and you can name it "Flaming Moe".
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 23, 09:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've read the Wiki, but it does not give any recipes.
What I am looking for is something a bit more specific when it comes to mixing and matching fruit, or a definitive ruling that it is completely sadorandom and any combination of fruit can yield the most awesome nectar ever for different people.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 23, 09:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/worldadventures/nectarmaking/

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 23, 09:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done searches both on MATY and on Google, and have found the site by Carl, where there is a somewhat in depth explanation of some of the workings, but I lack a more definitive answer to which combos are the most ultimate. So, I come here asking for an answer, as I am sure someone here knows the Most Awesome Nectar(tm) combination.

Just pointing out what I started out writing, but thank you anyways Smiley

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 06, 13:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of waking up the dead, I'm replying to this old topic.

The two different sources linked to (Sims Wiki and Carl's Sims Guide) seem to contradict each other when it comes to the value of various fruits in nectar. I'm more inclined to believe Carl's guide on this, since according to the Sims Wiki information the more rare grapes are worth less than the common ones, which doesn't seem to make much sense. Why would you spend ages growing the rare grapes only to end up with nectar less valuable?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 06, 17:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this one: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=219.0

Read until the end, because after the "recipes" follows the gamemechanix.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 07, 07:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link. The whole nectar making thing seems a lot more complicated than most of the other skills in the game. At least it should keep it interesting for a while. After reading all the information I still don't think I fully understand how it works.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 07, 14:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The effectiveness of any fruit ingredient on nectar quality is indeterminate. The "unusual grapes" don't do anything other than look cool, as the ultimate result is not determined by a table of known values, but the outcome of a mathematical hashing function that produces an outcome that varies depending on what is in your game. When you put in expensive grapes, it is converted into a meaningless hash value like anything else, so what ultimately happens is essentially quasi-random. Whether a given combination works out "well" or not is purely a result of how the math rolls out. Imagine determining the rating of a sims3pack item purely by the hex string that pops out when you extract it in s3px/multiinstaller/whathaveyou. That's what happens. There's no rhyme or reason to the results, and it's not entirely random, but it IS totally meaningless on a human level.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 07, 23:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I don't know about totally useless...I've been naming my 'truly awful' blends and having a lot of fun doing it... Crapola Nectar, Crapello Nectar, well, you get the idea...

The only blend I can definitely say the game doesn't find to be utter crap is blening flame fruit and life fruit and maybe a grape... I call if 'Flame of Life' Nectar...

I guess I find the whole 'nectar' and 'nectar drinking' thing to be stupid...usually don't bother having them imbibe unless it fulfills a want...

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 07, 23:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I find the whole 'nectar' and 'nectar drinking' thing to be stupid...usually don't bother having them imbibe unless it fulfills a want...

I agree with you on this point.  What I would really like to see is some real drunken behaviors.  I'd like to see more clumsiness after one drink; more childlike and crazy behavior after two drinks; more neurotic, flirty, and mean-spiritedness after three drinks; and some worshiping of the porcelain god after four.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 07, 23:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some recipes that produce "amazing" quality:

9 life fruit, 1 pomegranate - the highest value nectar

7 life fruit, 2 flame fruit, 1 plum

7 life fruit, 2 flame fruit, 1 watermelon

6 life fruit, 3 flame fruit, 1 cherimola blan grapes 

5 cranerlet nuala grapes/5 life fruit

2 gralladina, 2 cranerlet, 1 flame fruit, 1 life fruit, 1 cherry, 1 pomelo, 1 avornalino, 1 meloire 

2 life fruit, 2 gralladina fran grapes, 2 cranerlet nuala grapes, 2 cherry, 2 pomelo

5 life fruit, 5 pomelo

5 gralladina fran grapes, 5 apples

5 apple /5 renoit grapes

7 Flame Fruit, 1 Life Fruit, 1 Avornalino Grapes & 1 Plum

5 life fruit, 5 cranerlet

8 flame fruit, 2 cherries

5 apples, 5 renoit

5 apples, 5 gralladina

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 08, 07:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is probably some randomness involved, yes, but now that I've been experimenting with suggestions from the links in previous posts, certain fruit combinations reliably produce amazing nectar, and the more expensing fruit in average produces nectar that is worth more. So, it's certainly not all random, at least.

By the way, I wonder if the perfectionist trait affects the quality of nectar the same way it affects the quality of cooked meals and so on?

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 08, 17:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you on this point.  What I would really like to see is some real drunken behaviors.  I'd like to see more clumsiness after one drink; more childlike and crazy behavior after two drinks; more neurotic, flirty, and mean-spiritedness after three drinks; and some worshiping of the porcelain god after four.

Now if those behaviors were consequences of nectar drinking, I think there'd be a lot more nectar drinking in my game...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: