More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:06:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  leftovers and the handofgod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: leftovers and the handofgod  (Read 8201 times)
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
leftovers and the handofgod
« on: 2009 December 21, 08:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played Sims 3 without awesomemod, so I don't know if this is a problem with the game or the mod, but my food gets put away in the fridge automatically before anyone but the cook has a chance to eat.  Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?  I can't cook for parties or anything...

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: leftovers and the handofgod
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 21, 08:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen this with or without Awesomemod, but I assume you're using the hand of god (which I never use).  Either turn that feature off in the config, or manually drag the leftovers back out of the fridge when you want to serve them for your guests.

Also, this question could have gone in the "Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread" instead of cluttering the board.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 21, 14:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just the way Pescado has set up Hand of god to work.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 21, 15:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will consider suppressing the auto-stow behavior during parties in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 21, 16:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you just extend the time out a bit, Pescado?  Like, instead of putting the food away immediately or in 5 sim minutes, maybe it waits a sim hour?  I don't know if that's possible or not, since I know nothing about coding.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 21, 21:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will consider suppressing the auto-stow behavior during parties in the next version.

Would you consider making food stowage optional? That business over whipping the food away immediately was the deal breaker for me in using Hand of God. It's currently turned off in my game altogether but there are some parts I miss, like autonomous bill paying.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 21, 22:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the incorrect placement of the question.  I didn't realize you could manually pull stuff out of the fridge, that's a good fix.  Pescado, if it can't be changed its a perfectly acceptable trade-off for the auto bill paying and trash pick up.

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 21, 23:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play with it on for obvious reasons and have discovered that the easiest thing to do is to just either let the hand of God do its thing, or beat it to the punch and drag serving platters into the fridge immediately and then have family members 'eat leftovers'... the only drawback to this is that if there are visiting sims, they cannot partake in a meal.  For parties I use the buffet table which seems to work much better than having sims all gaggle around the serving platter and then get stuck because another sim is in the way...

Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 22, 06:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be great if the time for the Robotic Hand of God could be extended to 30 minutes or an hour. I really like this feature but also have it disabled because of the guests not being able to get to the plate quickly enough.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 22, 08:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you consider making food stowage optional? That business over whipping the food away immediately was the deal breaker for me in using Hand of God. It's currently turned off in my game altogether but there are some parts I miss, like autonomous bill paying.
With residents, it doesn't really matter if the food is whisked away immediately since they will just pull it out of the fridge, and putting it away immediately maximizes the spoilage timer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
asiashamecca
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 12, 23:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually coming to this party rather late.  All apologies.

I do not have the "Hand of God" enabled.  I do have the latest version of the Awesome mod.  My framework is fine (that seems to generally be the final answer around these parts).  Other than CAS sliders and twallan's Super Computer, I have no mods except the Awesome Mod.  But I am getting the same error.  Seconds after I  make a meal it goes straight to fridge.

I await your thoughts oh great ones.

*Checks spelling and grammar and reaches with trembling mouse finger to hit...."Post".*
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 15, 08:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too was a big fan of the hand of God until the food started disappearing into the fridge immediately after being cooked.   I've even had it happen that food cooked by children in the bake oven would disappear from the plate as soon as they set it down and before they could eat it, and then the plate would disappear or occasionally become stuck (in those cases, eventually it would need to be deleted with the AM).

I've found that I now have to keep this feature turned off if there are to be family meals or small dinner parties (that is, with just 1-3 guests -- as opposed to full parties, where I agree that the buffet table is the best option). It's too bad, because apart from this feature, I had really liked the hand of God function; it's  particularly good for keeping those old newspapers from piling up until they cause your paper girl to go on strike. I agree that the automatic bill paying was another real benefit too.  I've adjusted to not having it, but I would welcome using it again, if it were practical to make the hand of God more flexible in these circumstances.   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 15, 08:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The present implementation suppresses auto-food-storage during parties and visitor scenarios. If you don't have any parties or visitors, there is absolutely no reason NOT to since your resident sims can and will automatically fetch things out of the fridge for themselves.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: