More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:49:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Anach's Sims 3 Mods - Updated 18th September 2014 (1.67)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anach's Sims 3 Mods - Updated 18th September 2014 (1.67)  (Read 640530 times)
Zoan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Anach's Sims 3 Mods - Updated 12th January 2013 (1.47)
« Reply #275 on: 2013 February 25, 00:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the new expansion is just around the corner you might as well wait a little bit  before updating...

Im pretty sure this is the University patch, and there wont be another major patch when the xpack is released.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2013 February 25, 16:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the new expansion is just around the corner you might as well wait a little bit  before updating...

Im pretty sure this is the University patch, and there wont be another major patch when the xpack is released.

Twallan said it added University-specific resources, so you're probably right.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 2013 February 25, 19:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is definitely the University patch, but there will no doubt be another minor patch between now and the next SP.

Mercury
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2013 February 27, 17:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running these mods with the 1.50 patch and the only issue I've had so far is with All Buyable, which made books disappear in World Adventures worlds.

Before anyone takes this post too seriously, I am only using Ambrosia, MoveIn, CameraHeight, CASD, ClubClosing, FishTank, InteractionQ, PartyTweaks, RichValue, and WashHands. And as Anach said this does not mean that there are no conflicts with these mods and the 1.50 patch.
« Last Edit: 2013 February 28, 17:23:23 by Mercury » Logged
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2013 February 27, 19:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running these mods with the 1.50 patch and the only issue I've had so far is with All Buyable, which made books disappear in World Adventures worlds.

The only issue you've noticed. It's likely anything that edits interactions or buffs will also be missing data.

columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2013 March 17, 08:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that EA is a huge pain with the constant patching - am curious as to whether or not you'll be updating for 1.50 or if you are, in fact, waiting for the next patch. I use several of your mods and will hate not having them in the game but I don't want to deal with trying to figure out what does and doesn't work. After an HD crash (with little saved-oops!), I'm still trying to get my downloads back so I'm still going through everything with the Pets patch. Yeah....way behind and too tired to tackle much else just now!  Tongue   Will keep checking back and hope to put them in soon. Boy, I miss the days when EA waited a much longer time between EPs!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: 2013 March 17, 10:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that EA is a huge pain with the constant patching - am curious as to whether or not you'll be updating for 1.50 or if you are, in fact, waiting for the next patch. I use several of your mods and will hate not having them in the game but I don't want to deal with trying to figure out what does and doesn't work. After an HD crash (with little saved-oops!), I'm still trying to get my downloads back so I'm still going through everything with the Pets patch. Yeah....way behind and too tired to tackle much else just now!  Tongue   Will keep checking back and hope to put them in soon. Boy, I miss the days when EA waited a much longer time between EPs!

I haven't felt that urge to patch yet, as I haven't got the EP yet, and so have a lack of desire to play right now. I will get to it, but as usual, it will just happen when it happens. Smiley

You can probably find alternatives to most my mods on MTS anyway, and as usual I encourage people to get winmerge and update the xml themselves, as it's quite easy once you've done it once.

foobarre
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2013 May 04, 12:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hadn't done it before, but I knew the basics of how this stuff works so I figured it out. Thanks for letting me know about winmerge, finding the files manually with notepad++ would have doubled the time.

Only updated the ones I use, however, and not guaranteed to be perfect. But thought I'd share.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pcyg3zcxhe8bh0z
Spotty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: 2013 May 07, 19:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks foobarre, you just saved me a bunch of work.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Anach's Sims 3 Mods - Updated 2nd July 2013 (1.55)
« Reply #284 on: 2013 July 02, 03:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better late than never! Updated, but untested.

Suni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2013 July 02, 13:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better late than never! Updated, but untested.

Anach, all the newest links to the downloads lead to pages that can't be displayed.

Please, disregard this post, the links are working now. Thanks for the update.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: 2013 July 02, 21:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me being moronic (wouldn't be the first time) or have the following mods disappeared from you collection for patch 1.55?

Anach_NoQToQuit
Anach_NoRouteFailTantrum

They have indeed vanished. I haven't used them for a long while now, so I didn't feel a desire to update them this time around. However, there doesn't appear to be any changes to those files, so as far as I can tell, the last version should be fine to use.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 03, 01:34:38 by Anach » Logged

CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2013 July 17, 03:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me being moronic (wouldn't be the first time) or have the following mods disappeared from you collection for patch 1.55?

Anach_NoQToQuit
Anach_NoRouteFailTantrum

Both of those are covered by AM.  If you use that you don't need those.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Anach's Sims 3 Mods
« Reply #288 on: 2013 July 22, 16:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anach, how possible would a 'never make cell phone calls' mod be? For us Medieval folk Grin Cheers.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Anach's Sims 3 Mods
« Reply #289 on: 2013 July 22, 20:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anach, how possible would a 'never make cell phone calls' mod be? For us Medieval folk Grin Cheers.
I don't recall seeing my Sim making calls autonomously, only receiving them, is this what you mean? It's not something I'd use myself, although, I'm pretty sure I saw a mod somewhere for the latter, which would stop Sims answering the phone, but you'd still need to mute the calls.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2013 August 06, 16:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the other mod does what it's supposed to, apparently. You don't take calls. It's the other stuff, like sims taking the phone out and pressing buttons (autonomous) or making calls ( I thought that was autonomous, but perhaps not). Basicly any action that would look out of place in a world set before 1990.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: 2013 August 06, 20:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the other mod does what it's supposed to, apparently. You don't take calls. It's the other stuff, like sims taking the phone out and pressing buttons (autonomous) or making calls ( I thought that was autonomous, but perhaps not). Basicly any action that would look out of place in a world set before 1990.

That would be something like a no idles mod; taking out things like holding the camera, pressing phone buttons and such. I believe there is already a mod about for that too, as there are plenty of people that like to play Sims that way. You might be best off posting in the WCIF thread.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Anach's Sims 3 Mods - Updated 30th August 2013 (1.55)
« Reply #292 on: 2013 August 30, 04:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couple additions

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: 2013 September 12, 06:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell at first glance, none of my mods need updating for patch 1.57.

dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: 2013 September 19, 14:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome! Thanks a bunch, Anach. Are you getting Into the Future next month?

LL&P
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2013 October 26, 07:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know which ones of these mods do or do not work for 1.63? So far I am not seeing any problems, but I want to be sure something isn't going to kill my game slowly from the inside.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2013 October 26, 15:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only one I peeked into was AllBuyable, which is missing code for the EP11 books, at least. WinMerge is a really easy way to check where the differences exist. New code usually sticks out like a sore thumb.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2013 October 26, 19:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the list here to compare the XML name/instance ID: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/2227/TS3_XML_Changes163_Nona.txt

If the XML is on the list, something's been changed about it. Some of the changes were very minor (or in some cases, insignificant, such as changing a comment only), so they might not be a big deal. Other XMLs had major changes, though, and those will cause problems when used with the wrong patch level.

If the XML is on the list, you can check the changes in WinMerge and decide if you want to use the mod or not.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2013 October 27, 10:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go through that all later, for now I've removed them all because I've discovered one of them is actually causing the future portal to reset constantly and I can't inspect it.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
LittleBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2014 January 05, 03:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the necro warning, but I'm posting anyway because of the popularity of these mods.  If I do wrong, I'm sure you all won't hesitate to tell me so.

Rubyelf:  I had the same problems with Anach's mods interfering with the future portal, and so far I've ruled out:

Burglar Tweaks
CAS Details
Children Train Sim Fix
Fires
Genie Tweak
IceCream Truck fix
Medical Panic Child fix
Newspaper Tweaks
No Annoying Music
No Auto Pet Wake Up
Party Tweaks
Reaction Remover
Vampire Tweaks

At least those are the ones I'm running right now and I'm able to use the portal.  This is just for anyone's information.  I'm not planning on doing more testing to find out specifics.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: