More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 11:10:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Body Shop (Not Responding)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Body Shop (Not Responding)  (Read 6390 times)
Tanathir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Body Shop (Not Responding)
« on: 2009 December 19, 19:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, all.  I'm delurking with a very annoying problem.  After reinstalling following a hard drive crash, I can't load Body Shop anymore.  In the past, it's always gone not responding for a period of time but then loaded fine.  Even when I had 6GB of downloads, it loaded.  Now, I get the Windows popup saying that it's searching for a solution to the problem and it closes out BS.  I'm aware this is pretty likely a problem in the Saved Sims folder, but I was wondering if it might be something involving my Windows settings since they changed after the hard drive reinstall.

So might it be some setting I'll  have to change in the Control Panel, or is the good old 50/50 method in my near future?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Body Shop (Not Responding)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 19, 19:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should check that it's not a sim or any other content first, that seems the easiest to me. If it still doesn't work without any custom content, then you can start looking for other solutions.
Tanathir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 19, 19:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.  The simplest fix is always the best one to try first, of course.  I'll remove my saved Sims and see what happens.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 19, 19:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try clearing caches. That fixed body shop in the past for me. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Delete_Cache_Files
Tanathir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 19, 21:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I routinely delete my cache files.  I just removed all of my Saved Sims and Downloads and Body Shop still appeared on the taskbar then went not responding then Windows went through its "searching for a solution to the problem" and closed BS. This is leading me to think that some setting in Windows isn't allowing Body Shop to go through that initial phase of not responding.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 19, 21:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which version of Windows are you running? If it's Vista or Win7, have you tried starting BS as administrator?
Tanathir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 19, 21:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's Vista, and I just figured out how to start BS as administrator.  I'm waiting for it to load even as I type this.

Edit: It STILL preemptively/proactively closed BS as soon as it went not responding in the task bar.  This is very aggravating!
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 21:48:12 by Tanathir » Logged
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 20, 20:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sometimes when my bodyshop won't run,  I run  %temp% and in there is a folder that says  low and in it are files that say  ~DFD3E6.tmp and I delete that and it helps but sometimes If I have tried running bodyshop it will not delete so I have to restart my computer and then delete it. Sometimes there are three of them in there with different numbers so I delete them all.  I don't know what it has to do with bodyshop but it helps if deleteling the cache does not.
Tanathir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 20, 23:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

::thinky-face::  Odd.  I'll try about anything at this point, so thanks for the advice.  What gets me is that Windows is being so aggressively proactive with shutting down BS as soon as it goes not responding.  It won't give the program time to load the way it had before.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: