More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:13:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Marriage, Baby, Death in France
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Marriage, Baby, Death in France  (Read 7995 times)
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
Marriage, Baby, Death in France
« on: 2009 December 16, 15:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note:  I have a completely fresh and patched install of TS3 and WA.  The ONLY hack I have (and it is working) is AM.  This may be a maxis bug or related to AM, not sure, but I have some theories.

I sent my single femme fatale to France for her second vacation.  Somehow, during the loading, someone "close to her" died, as she had the -50 Mourning moodlet upon arrival.  Thinking "small wierd glitch", I played through, even though she never did have any relationships really with anyone.  During the trip, she romanced someone named Jon Luc Pivet, who owns a rich house in the middle of nowhere.  With maxed relationship, nobody could propose or marry.  She returned home broken-hearted.

When she got home, she invited Jon Luc for a visit, and he accepted a move-in attempt and a successful "Try for Baby".  Still no romantic options for marriage/engagement.  After the child was born, I checked the fambly tree.

Apparently, she had married the "special stuff dealer" in France (who now had her last name), had a child (also with her last name), and the special stuff dealer died...all in the time of one game loading.  The child was living with her half-sister in France near the town square.  Further, his photo is not blacked out so the game still believes she is married.

Anyone else have this odd bug?  I'm thinking she had a duplicate ID with someone else in the France location.  The original chick was obliterated, and replaced with this one.  It doesn't explain how everyone's last name got changed to hers though.  It could also be the AM story-mode driver run amok during the long loading time, with my active sim unflagged, the game decided to do a lot of stuff to her.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 16, 16:02:01 by PolecatEZ » Logged
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
Re: Marriage, Baby, Death in France
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 16, 16:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is an EA bug that a few other people have reported. If it's been fixed in any way, I'm not aware of it.
RandomInsolence
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 16, 21:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. How did EA pull that one off? lol. That's a pretty efing complex 'bug' haha. Not funny for the person it happens to, but still, sort of amusing.

Feh.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 17, 19:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suspicion would be some kind of "story progession" for foreign cities, complete with dangling references to invalid sims as the parents of children. Remember TS2 where random dogs and cats would be marked as certain sims' fathers?

INFP or something
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 17, 20:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suspicion would be some kind of "story progession" for foreign cities, complete with dangling references to invalid sims as the parents of children. Remember TS2 where random dogs and cats would be marked as certain sims' fathers?

Really? I never saw that...
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 17, 20:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was a broken EAxis family in... one of the expansions. I vaguely recall some of the kids had "Patricia Wan" as their father, and others had a simID that didn't correspond to anything and so often corresponded to a stray dog.

INFP or something
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 18, 06:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wasn't 'random' sims/dogs in TS2, it was the Ottomas twins and that one pair of dogs, both from the sim bin families.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 18, 22:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought one of them was pointing to a sim ID that didn't exist among premade sims....?

I must have mis-remembered. There were so many bugs regarding people and dogs getting confused that I barely remember the details of any of them. I had one in which my bodyshop sims kept turning into dogs >.>

INFP or something
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 19, 18:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Ottomas twins were born in Pleasantview, thier "father" was Brandi Broke.  If they were born in Riverblossom Hills, thier "father" was Patricia Wan.  I never encountered the dog as a father, so I don't know what conditions were nessicary to trigger that.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 19, 21:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might have been in someone's custom hood.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 22, 08:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This bug should be solved in the latest AwesomeMod. It was not caused by dangling NID references (NIDs are pretty much universally unique in TS3, no two sims should ever have the two NIDs, ever, in any game as the NIDspace is randomized across approximately 16 quadrillion possibilities), but rather, by the way the game attempts to maintain the population of a vacation hood, which is never actually played out in real-time: When a vacationlander carks it, he may be retroactively given children. Another parent will then be selected for this based on the deceased vacationlander's relationships, and EAxis did not exclude YOUR sim, so the game would most likely pick YOUR sim for this, as vacationlanders rarely do much with each other because no one plays them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: