More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:49:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Sim canīt fish any more
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim canīt fish any more  (Read 21494 times)
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim canīt fish any more
« on: 2009 December 19, 15:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims has lvl 10 in fishing but since WA he canīt fish anymore. In the holiday neighborhoods he can fish but not with bait. When i select fishing with bait he starts and after a second he will be teleported to the start camp.
Iīve read in another forum that this could happen when the Sim has fished with bait, you stopped the action and removed the bait fom his inv. I started an older savegame where all baits are in his inv and he also canīt fishing.
I hoped that this would be fixed with the new patch but it isnīt.
Maybe it isnīt an EA bug and related to AM and there is a knows warkaround for that? 

Greetz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sim canīt fish any more
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 19, 15:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't reproduce this result.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 19, 15:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims has level 10 in fishing, but since WA he can't fish anymore. In the holiday neighborhoods he can fish, but not with bait. When I select fishing with bait, he starts, and after a second he will be teleported to the start camp.
I've read in another forum that this could happen when the Sim has fished with bait, you stopped the action and removed the bait from his inventory. I started an older save game where all baits are in his inventory, and he also canīt fishing either.
I hoped that this would be fixed with the new patch but it isn't.
Maybe it isn't an EA bug and related to AM and there is a known workaround for that? 

Greetz

Grammar Day 2009: In Soviet MATY, Grammar pwns you!

About your problem: Does this still happen when you take AwesomeMod out? Do you even USE AwesomeMod?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 19, 16:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thx for improviing my English itīs not my motherlanguage Wink

Yes I even use AM and the problem is still there without. Could it be that AM is causing this bug before and itīs still in my savegame?
No one else here has this problem?
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 19, 16:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims has lvl 10 in fishing but since WA he canīt fish anymore. In the holiday neighborhoods he can fish but not with bait. When i select fishing with bait he starts and after a second he will be teleported to the start camp.
Iīve read in another forum that this could happen when the Sim has fished with bait, you stopped the action and removed the bait fom his inv. I started an older savegame where all baits are in his inv and he also canīt fishing.
I hoped that this would be fixed with the new patch but it isnīt.
Maybe it isnīt an EA bug and related to AM and there is a knows warkaround for that? 

Greetz
I had a similar experience a few months back. I found that the problem is due to an incompatible mod either with AM or the patch. I cannot remember what mod caused mine as of the moment, but it would be best to check what's installed in your game.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 19, 16:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only AM and Store downloads.
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 19, 18:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it is either caused by WA or the patch, as several people are posting this problem on a number of websites, and some without any game content but EA's. Pescado - from the posts and my own experience with this - it also seems to correspond with the same Sim unable to buy or sell anything from the grocery store in their hometowns once they get a problem fishing. Most report their Sim cannot fish period in their home town even with out picking a bait, yet when their Sim goes back on a Holiday/Vacation destination they can fish with no problem, but when they try to shop the merchants aren't appearing in the stores. It is indeed a strange and somewhat complex glitch if you ask me.

In my experience my  Angler/Adventure Sim had no problem fishing or buying/selling their goods, or merchants disappearing through 2 trips to China, then 1 trip to France, then 2 trips to Egypt -  as during this time he was building his  skills until he reached skill level 6 in fishing and skill level 10 in martial arts, then followed that levelling to go back to China and compete in 5 Tournaments. My Sim did carry bait from all the countries for all the fish including his hometown in his inventory at the time he left for his 3rd trip to China, and had been actually fishing when he got the phone call opportunity to compete in the 5 tournaments. I also sent my Sim to the adventure board on his 2nd day in China as he had a 5 day Visa and had completed 4 of the needed 5 tournaments already, so I sent him to the board. I remember his quest was a minor one, and that was to fish for 3 specific fish  and then to bring the fish to some guy over at the scholar's garden. I recall the fish required one of the Chinese crops of which my sim did have two of in his inventory, but to be sure he'd have enough to catch all 3 fish I sent him to the food market in China to buy a couple more of these fruit and discovered the shop merchant never showed up. I had him hang around that market all day and even the locals were getting angry there was no merchant as they wanted food. I also noticed no merchant showed in the book store or the store that sold the camping stuff as well. The only merchant that did show was the one for the antiques and decor. In fact I tried for the next 3 days to link up with the food merchant - as sure enough my Sim ended up with just 2 of the 3 fish he needed and ran out of fruit.

I did have some of that fruit growing in my Sims garden though, so I just figured I'd complete my tournament quest, hold on to the two fish and come back to China after the fruit was harvested from home.

It was after I got back home I also noticed that my Sim - who had actually went up another fishing level to 7 in China, had lost that level and was back to level 6. Not only that when I tried to send my Sim to the market in his hometown to sell the newly picked produce from his garden and to buy some cheese for fishing, it kept cancelling the action. In fact he couldn't buy anything or sell anything in the local store. When I tried to send him down to the ocean to fish the action kept cancelling. Even when he thought of fishing himself he'd get ready to pull out his rod and the action cancelled. After 3 days of this I sent him back to China with the fruit he needed (from his garden) to fish to complete his quest thinking perhaps the unfinished quest was creating the problem and I find out that fishing is no problem in China. I catch the third fish and head over to the scholar's garden and that's when I get the pop up that tells me that the questor was no longer availiable for my Sim to complete the quest.

Now I notice in the newest patch there is indeed a fix for the game wiping out questors - so apparently this was a problem and quite possibly the cause of the whole unable to fish/ buy produce etc thing. I don't know for sure, as at the time I was so annoyed and assumed it was my game. I did a manual uninstall/reinstall and started the whole works over with a copy of that Sim back to when I first made him in CAS. I have yet to get that particular quest again for this Sim and at present he is just at level 5 in fishing and has no problem fishing yet. So I do not know if the problem is solved with the fix in the newest patch or not.

To clarify though my game does not have any CC or mods with the exception of store stuff that were either free or that I got with the free Sim points from both the base game and WA, and recolors of EA stuff I made myself. I got tired of dancing the patch dance well before WA came out, and just did a total clean install of the base game after the 1.4 patch created trouble with the CC. So I know the problem was an EA one and not the Awesomemod or any other CC or hacks.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 19, 20:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thx for this information.

Iīve tried some things in the last hours and there I found out that this Sim can also not buy from the local store.
I send him ti china an there he can fish even with bait, crocodile (maybe because its a new bait from WA)

Also when I backed him up in the library, start a new neighborhood and put him in there, he canīt fish and buy at the local market.

I set his fishing level back to 9, with the new installed supercomputer and turned Supreme Commander on for him for fishing. he tried to start fishing and than an erreor message showed up:

Sim got an unexpected object reset ans dropped the action.

I never had a problem with merchants not showing up in holiday neighborhoods, but he was always on holiday with onother Sim from the family.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 20:43:26 by JoWe » Logged
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 19, 21:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just reporting all the things I observed from the git-go. I have yet to figure out how they are related or if the new patch prevents this from occurring again. Like I said I uninstalled/reinstalled and have started another brand new game, but using the CAS sim I created the day WA came out and not my saved game. So same sim, same set up on his lot, and I tried to follow the same pattern but the new patches are installed. Like I said I have zero third party content including no mods whatsoever - but then I didn't have any the day WA came out.  I was sort of leaning toward the problem having to do with that particular quest as 3 other people reported the same exact problem happening with them. Of the 3 only one had any CC and awesomemod; 1 had the NRass story mod, and the 3rd had no CC, no mods, in fact not even store content or Riverview. She said something about not having the net on her Sims pc, so she was as vanilla as you could get. We all had in common that the Sims with the problems had all had multiple trips already, all the Sims had the angler trait, and that apparently the sim must have reached at least 6 level in fishing before this happens. I had the lowest level at 6 as I had been concentrating my sims between trip times on the martial arts and his green thumb trait as well. He was at 8th level in gardening and about to level up to 9. Only one of those 3 had the green thumb trait besides mine. My sim was the only Sim to have the 10th level in the martial arts. But all 4 of us had recieved that quest off the jobs board for the fish for the scholar's garden and just like me we all ran out of the fruit before we could complete the quest and were sent back home. As far as I know I am the only one of the 4 who went back to China to complete it, as like I said I was able to grow the fruit at home, so not having the merchant was not a big problem - but then the quest remained uncompleted seeing the game had apparently killed off the Sim requesting the fish be brought to him at the scholar's garden. At a standstill, I just gave up and did a total reinstall after manually uninstalling and I'm trying it again with the same guy but he is in the newly created state I made him, so I'm bringing up his levels again. I was - like I stated at level 5 in fishing this go around and my Sim just arrived on his 3rd China visit when I left the game last night. I have an abundance of all the fruits so I will see if I can get that quest again. So far the merchants are where they belong. I went in and bought something off of each one.

Out of curiosity, did you happen to have that quest for the 3 fish for the scholar's garden pond, or is that not a factor in your case? Like I said all 4 of us that encountered this problem did have it. If you do not, then that makes that quest not the problem. I do know there are at least 2 other simmers on yet another site also having the problem, but both of them say they had this quest and had completed it before leaving China and had in fact began a new quest before their time was up. So it is not as I started to think that this had happened because the quest was not completed. But where they had the quest - I still wonder if that was not a trigger.

Also do you have all the patches?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 19, 22:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had trouble with certain sims fishing last patch - then I noticed I'd forgotten to remove a series of "more fun" mods. Sure enough, that fixed it. I think it broke on the sim that was fishing at the time, as I noticed him standing near a pond and he was the one that couldn't fish.

INFP or something
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 19, 22:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, some people reported that mods played a part in their fishing problems too, but like I put in my post I have no mods, no CC, nothing - so this also happens - apparently - in a totally vanilla game as well. Quite weird that the same glitch can be caused with mods in one scenario and without anything in another.
shiniki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 19, 23:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is also happening in my game as well. I have two YA sims living together in Riverview. One of them has fishing at Level 10 and every time I try to have him fish with bait, he resets back at the house. If he fishes without bait, it's fine.

However, he also has the supermarket problem; I first noticed this when he got an opportunity called A Lobster Crisis, which required him to go into the supermarket. Unfortunately, this was a day or two ago and I cannot recall anything I might have done, except I did receive a Flagrant System Error randomly which I now regret not taking a screenshot. I couldn't select the supermarket and clicking on the opportunity icon did nothing. I circumvented this problem by running SupCom on Collect: Seeds, which forced him to take care of the opportunity first. He was able to enter the supermarket that way, but after he completed the opportunity, he still was not able to interact in any way with the supermarket.

I'm on the 1.7.9.002002 patch with the latest AwesomeMod. I do not have WA installed. I removed all my mods and custom content, delete the 4 cache files in the My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and also cleared out the Windows/Prefetch. I started up the game (I had to implement a temporary crack .exe to bypass the CD check) and tried to fish with him again. He continues to reset and has no access to the supermarket. His husband, however, is able to fish with bait just fine and still has access to the supermarket. I have not observed this problem in the other 5 sims I occasionally play.

I have also tried using different types of bait but to no avail. Using the resetSim <name> did not fix it, and trying out fixall (when AM was still installed) also did not help.

I'll be a little disappointed if this is irreparable, but just knowing what causes this problem would be a great help regardless.
Gary
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 19, 23:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, he also has the supermarket problem; I first noticed this when he got an opportunity called A Lobster Crisis, which required him to go into the supermarket. Unfortunately, this was a day or two ago and I cannot recall anything I might have done, except I did receive a Flagrant System Error randomly which I now regret not taking a screenshot. I couldn't select the supermarket and clicking on the opportunity icon did nothing. I circumvented this problem by running SupCom on Collect: Seeds, which forced him to take care of the opportunity first. He was able to enter the supermarket that way, but after he completed the opportunity, he still was not able to interact in any way with the supermarket.

I had the unclickable grocery store problem, I fixed it by removing seeds from my inventory. Special seeds can be stored in the fridge so maybe the game treats them as spoiled food or something.
shiniki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problem solved... for now.
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 19, 23:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to remedy the problem (at least temporarily). It may have been in part because of the seeds, I don't know, but what I did do was this:

I put all mods/custom content back into my game, launched. Created a new Riverview, copied the supermarket, went to my saved game, replaced the old supermarket with the copied one. That didn't fix that problem (and in fact made the supermarket unselectable from the map but interactable from zoomed in view, but luckily this was a test save), so I used AM's "Nuke" command to destroy my sim. Saved, selected his neighbor's house, invited him over, took control of him that way. His inventory and wishes were purged. I tossed him a fish from his fridge and sent him down to the riverbank. Success! It also made the supermarket selectable, I think. Not entirely sure.

I'm going to make another copy of the non-test save and simply try removing any seeds from his inventory. It's very strange, because his husband definitely has seeds he picked up from around the town but had none of the problems with fishing and supermarket activity that he did.

EDIT: Gary, you're marvelous. Removing the seeds fixed both the supermarket problem and the fishing with bait one. Nuking him only appeared to address the issue because it purged his inventory.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 23:40:15 by shiniki » Logged
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 20, 13:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This Sim was only in Ägypt a few times never in China or France, game patched till 2.2.8.

@Gary you made my day, simple but effective, removing all seeds from his inventory solved both problems. Thx Wink
More specific, it was one of five unknows special seeds.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 20, 14:21:43 by JoWe » Logged
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 20, 22:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As my adventure Sim is also a collector, he does indeed have all kinds of seeds in his inventory. Also Jowe, I don't really think the destination matters after all or the quest, as i was playing last night with a different household and they have never been to China yet, but they have had 2 French trips and 3 to Egypt. It is a family of 3 - the dad, the mom, and a daughter who is now a teen. Also being an angler doesn't have any bearing on this, as  none of the members of this family are anglers, but the teen is already on her  8th level in fishing, the mom is 4th level, and the dad is also 8th level. But suddenly the teen cannot fish or go to the grocery store in their hometown, but she can fish and shop on Vacation.  The dad does not have a problem - yet anyway - but he has only bait in his inventory, no seeds whatsoever. The mom has seeds and the teen has seeds as they both have the green thumb trait. They also have special, rare seeds - but it is only the daughter who cannot fish or use the store in their town. This makes me conclude it was as i suspected that a sim has to be a specific fishing level before this affects them, as like I said my previous Sim was 6th level, but his predicessor is only 5th level. In the family group the daughter is 8th level, but the mom is only 4th level. The only other sameness in my teen and my first Sim on the other lot is they both have the green thumb trait - but then so does this teens mother. I will try and get her level up and see if she also loses the ability. I would guess this happens at level 6 in fishing - as the same Sim in my second rendention after I restarted him is still fishing and shopping, but he is only up to level 5 right now.

Could any of you either confirm if your Sims also have the green thumb trait, what level are they in gardening and in fishing  when they can no longer fish or go to the store.

Also where one of you said you don't have WA yet, then I'd have to guess this problem had to have happened due to the patch for the base game, but not the newest patch as I had this happen to my Sim like 2 days after I installed the 1.7 patch and WA. I just assumed it was a fault of WA - which it can't be if one of you do not have WA.

I usually patch my game the minute a patch is announced, so I was patched to date when I installed WA.
leepyrzqxgl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 21, 02:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim with this same issue. He could not click on the local Grocery store and Fishing in China with Plum bait caused him to jump back to base camp but fishing with a lure did not. He had fishing 10 and gardening 10 but was not an Angler or a Green Thumb, but could have been carrying seeds. I did nothing special that I know of, but after a few trips, including a second to China, he can now click the grocery store and fish. I did not restore from a backup, but just kept playing. It is possible that he had been carrying a seed and then that got cleaned out.

I have the 1.8/2.3 TEST VERSION of the Awesome mod. I apologize that I don't have any more information.
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 22, 17:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try going ahead and making a new sim and fishing with him/her.  If fishing is fine, I can upload a sim for you to test who has level 10 fishing.

If you can fish with both those sims that means that your save file is corrupted.  You can try making a copy of that save game via the menu, though I do not know if that will change anything.

If you still cannot fish with all those sims, and the fixes mentioned in this thread don't work for you that means your game install is corrupted and you need to reinstall the game.

FWIW it does not happen in my game either though I can test further.
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 23, 23:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I did try a brand new Sim and used the other neighborhood and sure enough got this fellow to Level 6 in fishing and level 7 in gardening and he suddenly lost his ability to fish. He only had 2 seeds in his inventory, but a lot of bait, and fruits from all 3 adventure locales. He also had completed three trips to France, 3 to China, and 1 to Egypt when he suddenly couldn't fish or use the local hometown grocery store. He got a quest from the science lab in town to go to Egypt and bring back 2 aligators - and seeing he had just returned from France when he got the opportunity, I figured I'd have him get his level up until he could travel again. Sure enough when I commanded him to fish, the command dropped from que. Even making him go stand by the water and him getting his own thought to fish, the minute he pulled out the rod, before he even could cast, it dropped out of que again.

Then I tried sending him to the store just to see if he could purchase something, and it also dropped out of que. Oh and the kicker, I made sure this guy did not have either the anglar or the green thumb traits, instead I gave him adventure, athletic, loves the outdoors, brave, and dare devil. So to me it seems to be getting worse.

Also something else to note is there is a taxi stuck in front of the science building, that I noticed has been there since his first trip and every time he comes home from a trip he enters the hood through that same taxi with the orange haired female driver. There are 2 icons next to his picture, one says sitting in taxi and the other says go home. When I checked my game in the other hood, there is likewise also a stuck taxi so I don't know if this has anything to do with the glitch or just another glitch as I can't say if the taxi was stuck there before my Sims lost the fishing and use of grocery store abilities or not.

So, I just decided to do a manual uninstall, reinstall myself as quite frankly I am tired of messing with it. It will be a few days before I can actually deal with it though as we have a lot of family coming for the holidays and I've got a ton of cooking to do. But anyway thanks for the imput. It most likely is a corrupt install if both hoods have the same silly problem and not everyone else has these problems. Like I said my game is about as vanilla as they come and there's nothing else it could be. So thanks again.
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 24, 06:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have something to help those whose Sims can't fish and are at a skill level lower than 10. My Sims are constantly getting the problem when they are at level 9. It has now happened with three Sims in three games (I used one Sim in two games, and the problem persisted; the other two are a couple I'm currently playing). The affected Sims are unable to interact with ponds or rivers. I only see the gear symbol when I point the mouse, but nothing happens on clicking. When I had two Sims at different skill levels, it only affected the one at level 9. The problem tended to go away for short intervals, but never for long enough to do any serious fishing.

What I did was place the affected Sim in front of a TV with the fishing channel until they had moved up to level 10. The problem has not yet re-occurred for a Sim at level 10. So, those whose Sims are not yet at 10, you could try if you get them to a point where they can fish again by TV training.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 25, 00:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't experienced  the fishing problem yet, but taking special seeds out of my sim's inventory fixed an unrelated problem.

After installing 1.7 or WA, not sure which or maybe both, some of my sims houses were invisible from map view.  It wasn't the blue lot problem - the lot was green, like the grass, but the roof of the house could not be seen.  Sometimes it was also invisible from a house across the street, though I could see the sims who lived there standing around or going about their daily tasks.  And I could see the map tags of the house and the sims who were being radar tracked.

I had tried adjusting video settings, even though they had been working fine before, but that didn't fix it.  Tried getting rid of some stuff in the inventories of the sims who lived in one of the invisible houses, but that didn't work either.

I decided to try getting any special seeds out of the inventory of a sim who lived in this one house, and now I can see the house in map view again.  So the special seeds must have some kind of "special" problem that causes other problems in the game.

Thanks, Gary!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 January 16, 22:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to report:
So... I started a new game since my older hood got "pear-shapred."
My sim only went to China once, without any Adventure quests.
She was fishing before, and had collected special seeds before, but I wanted to get some higher level fish for my museum and when choosing bait she would jump back to the house, like what happens with "reset sim."
I did put the fish away, but put some of the bait fish back into the sim's inventory.

Anyway, removing the special seeds alleviated the problem. Didn't try the grocery store, but yes. There does seem something much more "special" about special seeds.
I am patched to the latest, using Awesomemod, and all the rest of that fun crap.

Edit: To delete unnecessary quotation marks.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
tazmcfly
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 January 17, 21:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to report this same issue with the fishing and grocery store. For me the first time was when I had a newly installed game with my first made sim. She was level 10 fishing (after studying and reading all fishing books having not yet fished at all) and had the action drop from her queue only when she tried to choose bait before fishing. She would then be transported back home. She could still fish using the regular fish command, but never caught anything. When I went to the grocery store, same problem. The action would get dropped, and she would be transported back to the front of the grocery store.

I did a full reinstall, and tried again. This time I read only the fishing books that teach about bait and lures from the book store and only raised her fishing by trying to fish with the regular fishing command. I still have not caught a single fish although I was under the impression that you could catch some of the smaller fish without bait. I was fishing at the correct places at the recommended times.

Only after about level 4 when the game says you can use bait did I try. Same exact issue. She also cannot use the grocery store anymore. I wonder if those fishing books have anything to do with it? By the way, I tried all of the suggestions listed in this thread, and none worked. I did not have any special seeds in my inventory at all. The fishing books on bait and lures are the only things I did the same between the two installs, and I don't feel like reinstalling a third time, so I'm going to just leave my game as is. Just thought I'd post to see if others read those books or not to see if that was a factor.
leepyrzqxgl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 January 18, 17:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was not just special seeds, but any seeds at all that have been in inventory a while. I have not seen this issue again while using recent AM versions.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: