More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 04:26:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Time slowed to near complete stop.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Time slowed to near complete stop.  (Read 3068 times)
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Time slowed to near complete stop.
« on: 2009 December 19, 03:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running TS2/BV with the entirety of moreawesomethanyou.zip for BV. My problem is on one lot time has stopped, or rather slowed down to the point of being stopped. I had placed the synch timer water cooler on my lot, not knowing what it was and started it up. After that the time stopped. Pressing #3 to go into full speed results in sims being simulated, but the clock only ticks off a minute at the slow pace of five real life minutes. It's impossible to speed through a day and continue the work week. Is it safe to remove the synch timer or can I disable it in game first? The only options on it now are to add Day + 0 or the Time Warp, which gives an incredibly scary message for a millisecond (Had to click it twice to read it). Or would the synch timer not even be the cause of this? My other family is running time just fine, but again I didn't stick that green water cooler on their lawn.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Time slowed to near complete stop.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 19, 03:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need more computar, I have never seen this anywhere in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 19, 03:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. Sounds like you need more computer.

Out of curiosity though: What are the graphic settings for the game set at. On my laptop, if I turn off reflections and Graphical effects, everything runs fine. Otherwise, time crawls excruciatingly slow. I can even leave everything else set to high. Have you tried playing around with the game's settings?

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 19, 03:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the same iMac I've been using for TS2 on for a few years now. It could do with another stick of RAM (Only has 1gb), but it's odd to me because I don't recall this problem ever.   I will try closing background apps. I was playing in windowed mode maybe that's why. These are small lots also, with no CC at all and only 2 to 3 sims. There's no visible lag but I guess the simulator could be lagging. There's no possibility of a corrupt lot synch timer or anything that would cause a lot to lose track of the time? Never could play with reflections on, they produce very jagged lines on mirrors. Pretty sure the graphics settings are low enough.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 19, 05:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, I would run a test.

I'd copy my Sims 2 folder to the desktop, and then delete it from the Documents to reset it and see how it runs in its vanilla state (is it "Documents" on a Mac? It's been a while since I used one).

If that corrects the problem, I'd assume something I downloaded, or even the neighbourhood I was playing is the culprit, and I'd start putting my downloads back in batches - after putting the neighbourhood back to see how it runs.

Edited for apostrophe abuse.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 06:01:16 by GelatinousSubstance » Logged

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: