More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:11:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod breaks Sims 3 upon installation?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod breaks Sims 3 upon installation?  (Read 20846 times)
Karotcake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AwesomeMod breaks Sims 3 upon installation?
« on: 2009 December 19, 02:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I had it on my old computer a few months ago, and it worked great. I get my new, much better computer and I put it where I normally do; The program files, packages, hacks, etc. I start up my game, and it's stuck at 0% loaded. Forever. As long as it's up it stays there. And yes, you have the right to yell at me and say anything you want, abou my stubidity or whatever. If I didn't search enough for a fix, that's fine. Just tell me so? If I wasn't retarted, and if you can, please tell me how to fix this as I haven't foun a solution, be it in plain sight or not.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod breaks Sims 3 upon installation?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 19, 02:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More information is needed. If you put AwesomeMod in the package folder, one might assume that other mods might be causing a problem. You don't mention the mods folder, but I'll assume you do have the packages and hacks in the "mods" folder and that is where you resource.cfg file directs the game to look for them. I'll also assume that you do have the required framework with the appropriate file in the games/bin. If you have the framework, does your resource file allow for sub-folders? It could be that you need to allow sub-folders. It could be that you need to try AM without any other mods. It could be that you forgot to copy over the framework. 
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 19, 02:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could also be that the framework is not installed properly, which is usually what is wrong if the game won't load.

Here's the thread to check that:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Karotcake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 19, 02:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'll check out that link.

And sorry about the lack of location, but yes, I do have the mods folder and such, oops  Undecided
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 19, 02:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before we can help you we need more information. Important stuff like your OS, what patch version you are running, if you are running the WA expansion, whether you have tried reinstalling the framework and awesome mod.

Also:
So I had it on my old computer a few months ago, and it worked great. I get my new, much better computer and I put it where I normally do; install the program files, packages, hacks, etc. I start up my game, and it's stuck at 0% loaded. Forever. As long as it's up it stays there. And yes, you have the right to yell at me and say anything you want, about my stupidity or whatever. If I didn't search enough for a fix, that's fine. Just tell me so? If I wasn't retarded, and if you can, please tell me how to fix this as I haven't found a solution, be it in plain sight or not.
I suggest a spelling checker. Welcome to Grammar Day, 2009.

Karotcake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 19, 03:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, see, I'm not very electronically inclined, so I need to be told what to post <_<
Karotcake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 19, 03:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And also the only mods I have are a teen pregnancy/marriage mod, and a set of sliders.
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 19, 03:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, see, I'm not very electronically inclined, so I need to be told what to post.<_<
Weeaboo emotiecons are not periods/full stops.

Also, don't double post, unless you want to look like a spammer. Use the button to add more content.

Grammar Day 2009: Today, MATY; tomorrow, the world.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 19, 03:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might help you out.  Its happened to me a few times when I reinstalled Sims 3.  1st I install Framework to Sims 3.  Then I copy mods folder and resource.cfg over to Sims 3 WA folder.  However I forget to copy the dxdx9_31.dll file over to Sims 3 WA/game/bin folder.  That will break your game.  Make sure you install the dxdx9_31.dll file to both locations.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 04:11:15 by murhagh » Logged
murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 19, 04:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, see, I'm not very electronically inclined, so I need to be told what to post.<_<
Weeaboo emotiecons are not periods/full stops.

Also, don't double post, unless you want to look like a spammer. Use the button to add more content.

Grammar Day 2009: Today, MATY; tomorrow, the world.

I don't normally do this but since your the grammar police i'll make an exception and correct you just because i think its funny that you correct someone and make a mistake yourself shouldn't you proof read your comment before making your comment hope you enjoy this lack of punctuation also you should you post and make sure you space twice after a period when there is another sentence after it
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 19, 04:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

murhagh, in the modern world, we don't double space after periods; it's a throwback to the era of the typewriter. Also, it is Grammar Day, all MATYians are grammar police.

Karotcake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 19, 04:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, for Skadi, "install the", isn't improper.  The only thing that was, was "retarded".  Also, LiveAngel, don't really care?  And murhagh has a point about the double-spacing. But how did it even get to this topic, even though it IS Grammar Day. Best day to finally make an account eh? Cheesy
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 19, 05:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't normally do this, but since you're the Grammar Police, , I'll make an exception and correct you just because I think it's funny that you correct someone and make a mistake yourself. Shouldn't you proof read your comment before making your comment? Hope you enjoy this lack of punctuation. Also you should you post and make sure you space twice after a period when there is another sentence after it.

You're behaving like yet another 6 with butthurt over grammar correction. Grow up, STFU and GTFO.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 19, 06:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, for Skadi, "install the", isn't improper.  The only thing that was, was "retarded".  Also, LiveAngel, don't really care?  And murhagh has a point about the double-spacing. But how did it even get to this topic, even though it IS Grammar Day. Best day to finally make an account eh? Cheesy
1st Off my account sign up date is 2009 November 20, 17:24:38.
2nd I was being polite and posting a possible solution to your problem.

Now for Grimma: 
I don't get butthurt over someone correcting my grammar.  The person that is correcting someones grammar is the person thats actually getting butthurt.  I just wanted to point out that you shouldn't make fun of someone or correct their punctuation unless you are prepared to get corrected yourself.  So the fact that i corrected someone who was correcting someone, and now am being attacked myself for correcting said person means the grammar police are the 1's being butthurt.  Also grimma that comment you spent time correcting I did it that way just so you will correct it.  Someone else will be sure to correct this one.

Now for Skada:
I should probably talk to my wife who is a High School teacher and tell her to live in the modern world, because even she has no idea what you are talking about.  Of course i'm just a dumb roughneck what do i know.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 19, 06:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, my account sign up date is 2009 November 20, 17:24:38.
Secondly, I was being polite and posting a possible solution to your problem.

Now for Grimma: 
I don't get butthurt over someone correcting my grammar.  The person that is correcting someone's grammar is the person that's actually getting butthurt.  I just wanted to point out that you shouldn't make fun of someone or correct their punctuation unless you are prepared to get corrected yourself. 

So the fact that I corrected someone who was correcting someone, and now am being attacked myself for correcting said person, means the grammar police are the ones being butthurt.  Also, Grimma, that comment you spent time correcting: I did it that way just so you will correct it.  Someone else will be sure to correct this one.

Your retarded "I don't like grammar, so I'll shit all over your thread with inaccuracies and inanities, and refuse to use proper punctuation and capitalization just to piss you off, hope you like that" asshattery belies your protestations of an intact rectum. Grammarians correcting grammar are not butthurt over your grammar-mongling; they are pointing and laughing at your foot-bullets and your obvious inadequacy. Nowhere is your stupidity and inadequacy shown more clearly than in your fallacious "argument", which is a huge logic fail.

Furthermore, everyone is prepared to be corrected. However, your proposed "correction" has been a source of intellectual debate and denunciation amongst the grammarians, typographers and linguistically-minded of the population for years now, and current thought amongst professionals is increasingly leaning towards single spacing after a full stop, especially in the context of electronic pursuits. The challenge to your "correction" therefore has naught to do with butthurt, but please, do keep projecting.

Now for Skadi:
I should probably talk to my wife, who is a High School teacher, and tell her to live in the modern world, because even she has no idea what you are talking about.  Of course I'm just a dumb roughneck, what do I know.

Ah, the root of this problem is masterfully stated, though roughnecks may protest at being associated with the likes of yourself.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 19, 07:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be honest with ya dude.  I make 80k a year and have 6 mnths off.  My boss makes 150k a year, his boss makes 300k and his boss makes 10mill.  I might not be the smartest person, but it dont take no genius to realize the same person that wants to put 1 space after a period, is pretty much the same person that removed pluto from the planet list.  intellectual debate?  yeah and you call me retarded.  I do find that funny.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 19, 07:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be honest with you, dude.  I make 80k a year and have 6 months off.  My boss makes 150k a year, his boss makes 300k and his boss makes 10mill.  I might not be the smartest person, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the same person who wants to put 1 space after a period, is pretty much the same person that removed Pluto from the planet list.  Intellectual debate?  Yes, and you call me retarded.  I do find that funny.

Not as funny as I find the fact that someone so obviously lacking in the intellectual capacity to tie his own shoes daily without help from his "high school teacher" wife or someone else and unable to even make an argument which makes sense on any level presumes to try to pontificate on what constitutes bona fide intellectual debate and what doesn't.

I'm starting to believe that "retard" is too mild a term for your particular case.

Thanks, this is great. Do keep rowing that fail boat, please.

murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 19, 08:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be honest with you, dude.  I make 80k a year and have 6 months off.  My boss makes 150k a year, his boss makes 300k and his boss makes 10mill.  I might not be the smartest person, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the same person who wants to put 1 space after a period, is pretty much the same person that removed Pluto from the planet list.  Intellectual debate?  Yes, and you call me retarded.  I do find that funny.

Not as funny as I find the fact that someone so obviously lacking in the intellectual capacity to tie his own shoes daily without help from his "high school teacher" wife or someone else and unable to even make an argument which makes sense on any level presumes to try to pontificate on what constitutes bona fide intellectual debate and what doesn't.

I'm starting to believe that "retard" is too mild a term for your particular case.

Thanks, this is great. Do keep rowing that fail boat, please.

Actually your the one assuming grammar equals intelligence.

So whats up with you dude.  You think your better than me because you have better grammar.  You call me retarded and lacking in the intellectual capacity.  I might not be as book smart as I once was.  That is a fact.  However, I can still remember how to get the derivative in a Calculus problem.  Don't ask me the long way I've not done calculus in 20 years.  I still remember the basics in Chemistry I and Chemistry II.  I remember some things about statics and dynamics, and I've actually seen them used in the real world.  I scored a 30 on the ACT, didn't have to take the SAT back when I was in high school.  I was a member of Mu Alpha Theta and scored in the top 5 percent in my state.

Now all that being said, I could keep going on about random knowledge.  I personally view myself is being intelligent.  I might be a little poor on the spelling and grammar side, but calling someone stupid, retarded or unintelligent because you have better grammar or can spell better is a little far.  

All I was trying to do was show someone that was correcting someone, that they didn't space twice after a period.  Just wanted to point out that if your gonna hold someone to a standard then you should be held to the same standard or higher.  Instead you start insulting me.  Me I could careless about grammar.  However, if you are gonna correct someone and play the grammar police then do it correctly. 
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 09:39:42 by murhagh » Logged
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 19, 10:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Murhagh, Skadi is correct. Inserting two spaces after a period is antiquated and no longer used. Pick up a book (if you own one - you don't strike me as a reader) and check. Your wife is obviously as retarded as you. And she teaches? Dear God, that is depressing. Please don't breed.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 19, 10:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually you're the one assuming grammar equals intelligence.

Grammar != intelligence, but lack of proper grammar, even after proper care has been taken to inform you of that fact and your need to correct it, coupled with your inability to string together either a coherent sentence or a coherent argument, definitely does.

So what's up with you dude.  You think you're better than me because you have better grammar.  

No, I think I'm better than you because I am, in fact, better than you.

You call me retarded and lacking in the intellectual capacity.  I might not be as book smart as I once was. That is a fact.  

What is a fact is that you act in a manner that is retarded and showcasing a lacking in intellectual capacity, so my assumption that that is, indeed, the case is neither far-fetched nor unfair. Note also that my calling you insufficient and retarded is not based solely on your lack of grammatical skills, but upon your insistence to keep on acting like a fucking retard and continue your butthurt bawling.

However, I can still remember how to get the derivative in a Calculus problem.  Don't ask me the long way, I've not done calculus in 20 years.  I still remember the basics in Chemistry I and Chemistry II.  I remember some things about statics and dynamics, and I've actually seen them used in the real world.  I scored a 30 on the ACT, didn't have to take the SAT back when I was in high school.  I was a member of Mu Alpha Theta and scored in the top 5 percent in my state.

Now all that being said, I could keep going on about random knowledge.  I personally view myself is being intelligent.  I might be a little poor on the spelling and grammar side, but calling someone stupid, retarded or unintelligent because you have better grammar or can spell better is a little far. 

I find it funny that the only people who feel that they have to "prove" their intelligence are the same ones who believe that academic e-peen is what it's all about. Protip: It isn't.

All I was trying to do was show someone that was correcting someone, that they didn't space twice after a period.  Just wanted to point out that if you're going to hold someone to a standard, then you should be held to the same standard or higher.  Instead you start insulting me.  Me I could careless about grammar.  However, if you are going to correct someone and play the grammar police then do it correctly

On Grammar Day, all are held to the same standard, and are open to the same correction. However "correction": I do not think it means what you seem to think it means ("my way"). You've been proven wrong on your hard-line "double spaces after full stops" stance quite conclusively, and yet you still continue to whine about it.

See what I said about acting like a retard and having no intelligence? By doing what you just did (i.e. whining about something that's been debunked already), you just continue to prove me right.

murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 19, 12:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Murhagh, Skadi is correct. Inserting two spaces after a period is antiquated and no longer used. Pick up a book (if you own one - you don't strike me as a reader) and check. Your wife is obviously as retarded as you. And she teaches? Dear God, that is depressing. Please don't breed.

Yes 1 space is commonly used between sentences.  I do agree with that.  However, 2 spaces is still English Punctuation.  1 Space is French Punctuation.  Now if people are gonna correct someones punctuation then they should use English Punctuation standard.  It was used in the Constitution, it should be good enough here.  If I was to go to college and do a term paper, I would be required to use 2 spaces.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 19, 13:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes one space is commonly used between sentences.  I do agree with that.  However, two spaces is still English Punctuation.  One space is French Punctuation.  Now if people are going to correct someone's punctuation, then they should use English Punctuation standard.  It was used in the Constitution, it should be good enough here.  If I was to go to college and do a term paper, I would be required to use two spaces.

That would depend upon the college you attend. You see, in my college, one space after a full stop is the preferred format for English documents. Your ethnocentric rhetoric doesn't move me, not does it make any sort of valid point. It just provides more opportunity to point and laugh at your retarded asshattery.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 19, 13:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no such thing as a "double space" in written text because the concept of a space as a character exists only in mechanically printed text.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karotcake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 19, 17:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeez, I shouldn't have made this thread... In my opinion, the immaturity here is overpowering. You want to yell at each other fine, you do that. Just, don't join most online social games. You do know that there's been worse grammar mistakes, right? And there's more important things to life, so stop caring about others' grammar. It's grammar, damnit.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 20, 00:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no such thing as a "double space" in written text because the concept of a space as a character exists only in mechanically printed text.

Wow, I wish I hadn't missed most of this. Silly graduation. Anyway, I felt the need to reiterate this. A double space after a period existed during two major ages in print: the letterpress and the typewriter. Once it hit the computer, the space is generally automatically adjusted or adjusted by a typesetter in the professional print industry. But we all freak out, as printers, when there are two spaces because it is a major time waster. Grammatical people feel the same way. Pointless arguments are pointless and all that.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: