More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:55:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No more skilling, please!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No more skilling, please!  (Read 23698 times)
RebeccaLynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: No more skilling, please!
« Reply #50 on: 2009 December 21, 20:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sum pleple ne're lernt Smiley
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2009 December 22, 19:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the thing.  The education system is obviously made of fail if people start posting on the internet without the faintest clue how to capitalise, punctuate, and spell.  What you perceive as rudeness is actually the rest of the people picking up where your English teacher left off and teaching you the basics that you will need to get what you want.  If they're doing it whether you like it or not, that's too bad.  You can either rebel against this as you have done, or you can make the best of it and actually learn something.

Taking a few extra minutes to observe some simple rules is not a great hardship and makes things a lot better for you and everyone else.

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 December 23, 21:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, don't worry, I wont complain about being insulted any more.
I did some proper lurking and see no one escapes...

So, anyway, back on topic -

Someone asked earlier why I want this hack. I want it because the way I'm playing at the moment is that I randomise their skills as soon as I can (toddler).
I've done it like that so that Turn ons and offs will actually mean something, I wont have like nine Mayors and 13 Captain Heroes and not everyone will pass Uni, Sims will just have to take the skills they were given.

I know I could just "not use any skill items" like I said in the first post, but that means I cant have anyone be a painter for a living, or like I have this one guy who had a robotics shop, but now I have the "no skilling" rule he cant make any more robots or he'll earn skills :/

I would try and do it myself but I've tried tutorials and It's all to complicated for me! So maybe someone could look at this like a request?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 December 23, 22:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do your sims even cook, clean or repair things? They get skills from those too. Also, if you're trying to go for realism, no one is born with a set of skills that can never be improved upon. Why not have them pursue what they're naturally good at? For example, someone who rolls a 7 in creativity can become a painter. So what if they eventually maximize the skill? That's what would HAPPEN in the real world, practice makes you BETTER. Instead of looking for a hack to suit your rather odd way of playing, why not try to improve upon it so it'll actually work with what's there? This is very much a constructed problem.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2009 December 23, 23:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, one way to approach this is to look at the constants which say how many ticks are required per percent of skill gain (conveniently named Tuning - Ticks per 1% skill gain).  There are three tables of values so I'm guessing that these are for skills, enthusiasm, and badges.

These values are different per skill level, which is why it takes such a short time to get a skill to level 1 from nothing, and such a long time to get it from 9 to 10.

Obviously if you wanted it to be practically impossible to gain new skills or badges you could adjust these numbers upwards.

I have posted a hack on Peasantry just now that may slow skill and badge increases down to a time-dilated crawl.  It's safe enough to use, but hasn't been tested.  It may not actually work.  If it does, then great.  I have tested it for myself and it seems to work as intended.

As I've said in the post there, it won't stop you from getting random increases from chance cards.  Something to keep in mind, though I guess you can cancel those when they come up.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 23, 23:34:18 by Marvin Kosh » Logged

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 December 23, 23:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I could just not do it that way, but it's how I want to play. And I just thought there'd be no harm in asking.
I'm not going for realism, just a way for my sims to be different from each other, without me deciding who will be a winner or a looser.

@Marvin: Thanks! This works great! ^^
« Last Edit: 2009 December 23, 23:40:25 by supersimoholic » Logged
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 December 24, 05:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I could just not do it that way, but it's how I want to play. And I just thought there'd be no harm in asking.
I'm not going for realism, just a way for my sims to be different from each other, without me deciding who will be a winner or a looser.

@Marvin: Thanks! This works great! ^^

looser: adjective.  Opposite of tighter.
loser: noun. Person who sucks. See also: supersimoholic.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 December 24, 12:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, thought it looked a bit funny  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: