More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 05:30:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No more skilling, please!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No more skilling, please!  (Read 23744 times)
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No more skilling, please!
« on: 2009 December 18, 19:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so there are mods to enable Skilling on Community lots, but is there one to disable Skilling on Residential lots?

In my game, the rule is, you get what your given - i randomise there skills at birth, and i want there skills to stay like that throughout life. but this means they can't do certain things like paint or swim or play chess because this will break my rule. i know i could just not buy those items, but then i've got to think about enthusiasm aswell - like, if someones predestined hobby is cooking - everything cooking related gives skills! (atleast, until you get afew enthusiasm points, then you can just blog it or someyhing, but still!)

so, has someone made anything like this? or maybe one of you might give it a go?
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: No more skilling, please!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 18, 20:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the best I've been able to do in that instance is use the autonomy controller from the Armory to stop my sims from autonomously doing things.

It doesn't stop them from jumping rope and watching the cooking channel - but you can - nor does it stop them from gaining skills should they use a skill-building item. But it helps as long as you use it to avoid letting your sims do things that build skills.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 18, 20:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so there are mods to enable Skilling on Community lots, but is there one to disable Skilling on Residential lots?

In my game, the rule is, that you get what your you're given - i I randomise there their skills at birth, and i I want there their skills to stay like that throughout life ., but this means they can't do certain things like paint, or swim, or play chess, because this will break my rule. i I know i I could just not buy those items, but then i I've got to think about enthusiasm aswell as well - like, if someone's predestined hobby is cooking - everything cooking related gives skills! - (atleast at least, until you get afew a few enthusiasm points, then you can just blog it or someyhing something, but still!)

s So, has someone made anything like this? o Or maybe one of you might give it a go?

Grammar day has arrived, and you have been found severly lacking.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 18, 20:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... i'm sorry, i wasn't aware this was a spelling test...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 18, 20:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 18, 20:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DUDE, LOOK AT THE FUCKING CALENDAR.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 18, 20:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray! A butthurt victory already, and the day is still so young!

... i I'm sorry, iI wasn't aware that this was a spelling test...

After some debate, I decided to let that last ellipsis stand, though I'm open to suggestions and corrections.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 18, 21:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, why does it matter how i type? i'm just typing how i'd speak in real life. and i mean, it's not like i'm typing in text chat or whatever it's called, and you can understand what i'm saying, right? and as for capitals... why bother? it's not like it changes the sound if a word, so it shouldn't make a difference
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 18, 21:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't understand... ? what about it?
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 18, 21:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't understand... ? what about it?

TODAY IS GRAMMAR DAY. Duh. The grammar police are always patrolling MATY, but inevitably people who abuse the English language still manage get away with doing so. Except on Grammar Day.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 18, 21:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, why does it matter how I type? I'm just typing how I'd speak in real life. and I mean, it's not like I'm typing in text chat or whatever it's called, and you can understand what I'm saying, right? As for capitals:... why bother? It's not like it changes the sound if of a word, so it shouldn't make a difference.

Now repent your grammar mongling, and go forth to mongle grammar no more.

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 18, 21:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't really care about your stupid little website holidays or whatever and i will type how i want, and if i make afew mistakes, so what? dosn't bother me
i joined for some sims help, and so far 1 person has tryed to help.

if i was bothered about "grammar day" i'd say sorry. but i'm not, so i wont. and i'm not going to start typing with capitals, making sure if i'm using the right "there/their" or any thing else like that for you
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 18, 22:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't really care about your stupid little website holidays or whatever and i will type how i want, and if i make afew mistakes, so what? dosn't bother me
i joined for some sims help, and so far 1 person has tryed to help.

if i was bothered about "grammar day" i'd say sorry. but i'm not, so i wont. and i'm not going to start typing with capitals, making sure if i'm using the right "there/their" or any thing else like that for you

If you can't be bothered to at least attempt to type and interact like a person older than 6 who doesn't have Assburger's, why should we bother to help you?

GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 18, 22:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i I joined for some sims help, and so far 1 person has tried to help.

Yeah. But that one person is seriously regretting it.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

Kazoona
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 18, 22:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really care about your stupid little website holidays or whatever and I will type how I want, and if I make a few mistakes, so what? Doesn't bother me.
I joined for some Sims help, and so far 1 person has tried to help.

If I was bothered about "Grammar Day" I'd say sorry. But I'm not, so I won't. And I'm not going to start typing with capitals, making sure if I'm using the right "there/their" or anything else like that for you.

Ahem. With MATY, you sign up for the whole package - or nothing. Your lack of capital letters - it killed the Grammar kitteh. It's not just about Grammar Day (well, maybe it is, but let's just assume it's not), it's about not sounding like an illiterate, lazy jerk. Oh, and you want help with your game ? Try not to sound like a 12 so much, maybe then someone will feel inclined to help you out.

Holy Hannah. What do they teach at school these days ?

Edit: Darn, why are others always typing faster ?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 22:34:09 by Kazoona » Logged
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 18, 22:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, so i'm acting like a disabled 6 year old because i don't want to be harassed by someone i don't know over spelling? for all you know i could be disabled or slow and you think it's ok to say things like that to people you don't know. that's mature.
and what do you mean "we"? if you don't wanna help people who don't double check there posts that's fine, but most people don't care, and would help anyway.

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 18, 22:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, i didn't know about "the whole package" i didn't know you had a stupid little calendar. i don't see how i'm acting like a jerk? i just wanted to ask a question, and i get all this.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 18, 22:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for all you know i could be disabled or slow and you think it's ok to say things like that to people you don't know.

It is totally OK to say "things like that" to people we don't know. It's also OK to say them to people we DO know.

Are you disabled or slow? PLZ do share details so we may mock you easier.

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 18, 22:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, i see now... that's the kinda person you are...
and no, i'm not.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 18, 22:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop double posting! The "Modify" button and "Insert Quote" button exist for a reason! Another general bit of advice: your SHIFT key is obviously functional. Start using it.

Oh, so I'm acting like a disabled 6 year old six-year-old because I don't want to be harassed by someone I don't know over spelling? For all you know I could be disabled or slow, and you think it's ok okay to say things like that to people you don't know. That's mature.
and What do you mean "we"? If you don't wanna want to help people who don't double check there their posts that's fine, but most people don't care, and would help anyway.

Well, I didn't know about "the whole package" I didn't know you had a stupid little calendar. I don't see how I'm acting like a jerk?. I just wanted to ask a question, and I get all this.

Ok, I see now... That's the kinda kind of person you are...
and no, i'm not. (replaced due to blather) I am not that type of person.

You are in our house on our most holy day. You will partake in the sacrament or you will be burned in effigy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 18, 22:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why? that's like a catholic girl talking her muslim boyfriend to church, and then the priest comes over and slaps him for not celebrating christmas

and i don't use the shift key, because i prefer the look of lower case, i don't care if it's not proper grammar, i think it looks nicer

- and, as far as i'm concerned, you are that kind of person if you think it's ok to treat strangers like crap, because that was the kinda person i was referring to. and although i've not been to respectful here, that's because i don't respect people who don't respect me.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 23:04:29 by supersimoholic » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 18, 23:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? that's like a Catholic girl talking her Muslim boyfriend to church, and then the priest comes over and slaps him for not celebrating Christmas.

and I don't use the SHIFT key, because I prefer the look of lower case,. I don't care if it's not proper grammar,; I think it looks nicer

It is more difficult to read and makes you look like an imbecile. If that is what you are comfortable with, then I suppose it is fitting.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 18, 23:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and i don't use the shift key, because i prefer the look of lower case, i don't care if it's not proper grammar, i think it looks nicer

Yet you claim to not be a retard? Sorry, you phail.

Go forth and shit on another lawn.

GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 18, 23:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why? that's like a catholic girl talking her muslim boyfriend to church, and then the priest comes over and slaps him for not celebrating christmas

It looks retarded.

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 18, 23:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

more difficult to read?? it's just as easy to read, you just don't like it because i'm not doing what you want.

and how is having an opinion retarded? i like lower caps, so what?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: