More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:46:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  2.3+CC bullshit. I refuse to reinstall AGAIN.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2.3+CC bullshit. I refuse to reinstall AGAIN.  (Read 28316 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: 2.3+CC bullshit. I refuse to reinstall AGAIN.
« Reply #50 on: 2009 December 27, 18:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM - You are, as always, correct. I go to do over.
Note for the future: Stop double-posting. Use the "Modify" button and "Insert Quote" links as needed.  I had issue with the game not fully uninstalling when I did my updating and my hacked video camera file somehow stuck around, giving the "Invalid File Found" message. Surprise, surprise, EA wrote a shitty uninstall code.

Patch order is as follows:
1.2.7 from 1.0.631
1.3.24 from 1.2.7
1.4.6 from 1.3.24
1.7.9 from 1.4.6
2.2.8 from 2.0.86
1.8.25 from 1.7.9
2.3.33 from 2.2.8

Italicized lines apply to WA only. I keep my patches in my backup drive, numbered properly so that I don't have to figure all that out again. Patches can be gotten from searching around here or from simprograms.com. Do yourself a favor and save the files somewhere just in case.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 December 28, 00:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to install the patches in order. You can just get a "from base version to current version" patch. Plug the relevant numbers into the URL and there will probably be one, at least for retail-to-current.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simsplayer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 December 28, 20:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a link to the patches on the Wiki, from Retail to Current is on the list. Patches

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 January 04, 01:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize for the double posting, I was typing with a baby in my lap and it's difficult to hit all the right tiny buttons when you only have one hand and the grub is wriggling like a fiend. Tongue Thank you for your patience.

I hate having to patch all the way up just to use AM, I'm not loving the CC work around, but I can't play this game without AM to make it enjoyable, rather than just bearable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: