More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:00:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Insane Fix to make Riverview work.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insane Fix to make Riverview work.  (Read 46222 times)
coyote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Insane Fix to make Riverview work.
« on: 2009 December 18, 04:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I have worked on this for 6 hours. Gave up and drank 2 pitchers of beer. On my third pitcher I found a solution. I joined just to tell you all and give something back. Been a guest lurker for some time. It is not a pretty one but here it is.

First I am patched arr'ed style up to current  1.8/2.3 (DVD drive is broke in the lappy. Too poor to fix)
This solution might work with some adjustments to just a straight TS3 without WA. I am not going to test it because I am a bit too drunk and need to tell you all the solution first before last call.

1. In the user doc folder,
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
go to the "InstalledWorlds" folder you will see a file "Riverview.world".
Move it to the folder,
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\

2. Next I deleted a folder "WorldCaches". You might just delete the files in it for it to work.
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches\
Warning I am not sure what CAW will do or where. This folder might be used by it.
The two files I found in it is.
Riverview_objects.package
Riverview_sims.package

Edit: These will be remade after running sims. However, they do have to be deleted the first time. It must have info on where the world file is located and sims is too stupid to fix the files itself.

Edit: Skip step 3 if you have a dbc file with riverview included.
3. Use Delphy Sims3Pack Multi Installer to extract the packages from the Riverview.Sims3Pack
The addy is http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038

I put the .packages in
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages\Riverview\

Make sure you have framework. If you don't have it, how do you run AwesomeMod?? Look up that mod for more info.
Make sure your Resource.cfg is correct right mine looks like this. There is many other flavors of this file.
--------------------------
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCC/*.dbc
--------------------------

So far I can save a game and then load it again. No crashing. or anything. Works like a dream. Like it is supposed to.
I am sure someone will come up with a better solution but then again I couldn't come up with anything that worked to replace the dbc solution for other CC.

I don't even play the game I just got into it to make my sisters game better Cheesy
But I have modded other games and this was the same old freakout patch crap.

Peace.

I will watch for info if it works for other people. However, in a little bit I will be too pissed to walk.

« Last Edit: 2010 January 07, 13:31:05 by coyote » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Insane Fix to make Riverview work.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 18, 05:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good for you!  Hope you are having a wonderful time of it!  If you want to fix your sister's custom content not showing up, go to the thread on the new patch in "The Horror, The Horror" and try some of the solutions there.  It's working for most of us with the cc issue.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
coyote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 18, 05:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the CC fix using the .dbc solution a while ago. I had that fix asap as posted and tested all the content. Santa hats and all.
Arrg'ed content for christmas. The patch came out the day I finished a lovely sorted of sim3packs and a index.htm to view the images of the packages. It brought a tear to my eye. Then EA broke christmas for me. F-ing grinches.

Edited: due to beer
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 06:00:45 by coyote » Logged
EndlessSims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 18, 07:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I followed exactly what you said, and now I will try this and I will be back to let you know one way or another! Thank you!

Good News On My Computer it worked and all the downloads that were instaled except the santa hats and the braided pig tails will not get instaled! I hope to have those 2 items to get installed!
 Grin Grin Grin I am happy you did very good! Thank you for this insane way to fix  things lol
You are the best I guess drinking all that beer did it? lol Just kidding  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 10:16:37 by EndlessSims » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 18, 08:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cans in 3...2...1...

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 18, 19:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This worked for me, except that I didn't bother with step 3---all I did was move the Riverview.world file, and delete the two files from the world caches folder. Riverview now seems to be working fine, and my two saved Riverview games reappeared. What is the purpose of step 3?
coyote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 18, 23:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think so that any packages that were in the riverview.sim3pack will get installed.
Not sure what they do. they may be extra scripts, or pretty objects. I did that just to be safe.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 18, 23:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I figured, and why I skipped that step. I never lost the Riverview installed content, just the town.
coyote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 19, 05:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya...those packages in step three might be needed. I know it adds the water tower and overalls for the Riverview.
Probley important scripts as well.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 19, 05:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya...Yeah, those packages in step three might be needed. I know it adds the water tower and overalls for the Riverview.
Probably important scripts as well.
Grammar Day 2009! Thanks for playing!

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Jasumi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 20, 14:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This works well for enabling the game to read Riverview, but my save games are still being ignored Undecided

EDIT

For whatever strange, bizarre, peculiar reason--I needed to have an old Sunsetvalley save in my Saves Folder for my Riverview saves to show up.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 20, 15:23:21 by Jasumi » Logged
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 23, 22:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Riverview, I recently re-installed the game after deciding it might be worth looking at again. (I bought it the first week it came out, and it got deleted off my machine with a few months.)

I can't find Riverview... at all.

It isn't in any Sims 3 installation directory, nor can I find it available for download through the Sims 3 site. Sunset Valley is the only town available at game start-up to play in.

Might this be related to patch problems? The game immediately patched to the latest version after fresh install. I haven't installed any mods yet other than a few packages for custom hair. I haven't even saved a game.

Huh
Whako
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 06, 23:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coyote, you should definitively drink more beer. I did step one and two and itīs working like a charm!

22:28   Tigerlilley   
Ok, cuz where I come from your name reads like Fucko
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 07, 05:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this worked for me. RiverView does show, is usable(although I haven't tried to play it enough to test the save issue some seem to be having), and looks fine.
Drawback? Sunset Valley experiences issues with Riverview in. I end up with floating hood terrain\sunken lots in Sunset Valley.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
shiniki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 07, 06:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the floaty neighborhood thing as well, except for vacation hoods. I followed the steps in this post and everything works fine with no floaty wonkiness.
Aphotic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 07, 07:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Riverview, I recently re-installed the game after deciding it might be worth looking at again. (I bought it the first week it came out, and it got deleted off my machine with a few months.)

I can't find Riverview... at all.

It isn't in any Sims 3 installation directory, nor can I find it available for download through the Sims 3 site. Sunset Valley is the only town available at game start-up to play in.

Might this be related to patch problems? The game immediately patched to the latest version after fresh install. I haven't installed any mods yet other than a few packages for custom hair. I haven't even saved a game.

Huh

You could always not download it from EA.

ENTP

It is incorrect to double-space your sentences.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 07, 08:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the floaty neighborhood thing as well, except for vacation hoods. I followed the steps in this post and everything works fine with no floaty wonkiness.
The information in Witch's thread here also works so long as you carefully follow the directions:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Whako
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 January 12, 01:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems this Insane Fix works as well for customized worlds like "Plot" or "Coconut" in my case, which as well couldnīt be installed with the fucked up 1.8 patch.
Once again, lets drink more beer and find insane solutions!

22:28   Tigerlilley   
Ok, cuz where I come from your name reads like Fucko
coyote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 January 12, 03:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems this Insane Fix works as well for customized worlds like "Plot" or "Coconut" in my case, which as well couldnīt be installed with the fucked up 1.8 patch.
Once again, lets drink more beer and find insane solutions!
Cheers man! I am glad it helped with other maps.
I was a bit proud to be the first one to figure it out, and POST it.
However, I was not joking about the beer. Some of my best programing was helped by beer.
Beer is not bad for you. LOTS of beer everyday is bad for you. Smiley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 January 12, 05:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, you are so at the wrong forum with that avatar. We like kittens here. We don't step on them. Cut it the fuck out. This is my angry face.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
coyote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 January 17, 02:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, you are so at the wrong forum with that avatar. We like kittens here. We don't step on them. Cut it the fuck out. This is my angry face.
The way this forum works, I should be calling you a pussy and then tell you how stupid you are.
However, after looking at your posts, you have been deemed a human and not a troll or turd. Since this is the case you may have been the only person to get me to change my avatar. I am sorry if it offended you. However, while people use kittens to offend, I will offend kittens. In the future, if kittens are use against me, I will up the avatar to even more disturbing images.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 January 17, 03:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you really need to "look" at someone's posts to ensure yourself that they're not a troll, when they already have nearly 8000 of them and has evaded being banned all these years?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 January 17, 04:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So someone MUST be a troll if they tell you that your avatar will not be well received here? And dude, quite frankly, it won't matter to most of us if you make it worse, as that is one of the great things about Adblock. I've already blocked the one you are using. There is a link around here somewhere on blocking entire posts by user. If you get distasteful enough, people just will not see you. So battling cute kitty macros calling you fail with distasteful icons of kitties just will not work on most.

Kyle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 January 17, 05:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Riverview.world, but i have Riverview.tempworld. is it same thing?(probably not)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 January 17, 05:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Riverview.world, but i have Riverview.tempworld. is it same thing?(probably not)

Err, no, that is not it. How did you get Riverview? The Riverview.world file should be 76,424kb, so if that file is smaller then that, then it's likely that it doesn't even have all the information.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: