More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:50:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Books written by sims...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Books written by sims...  (Read 2748 times)
redShoes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Books written by sims...
« on: 2010 January 08, 10:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last week, I completely uninstalled every remnant of TS3 from my computer - having first backed up the folder that goes in My Docs.

I have since started a new game (with story progression off, until I can sort/bodge this running bug of mine), using the backed up folder.

One of my sims has written a book! And I was 'surprised' to find it for sale in the bookstore, as this didn't happen with previous games. But then I remembered that I'm not using a config file atm, so the surprise was short-lived, heh.

Anyway. In a previous game I had a writer sim who wrote alot of books... they all showed up in the library (actually, they ruined my library, as they completely took the place of every book that was there originally - would also like to know if that was supposed to happen?). I also had a Sim who only wrote one book - can't remember if this turned up in the library or not...

This one book has somehow found its way into my bookstore in my brand new game, and I'm not sure how? Or why? Or how to get rid of it? None of the books by my old writer si have reappeared, and it worries me (probably more than it should) that this one has. I'm 'guessing' it's somewhere in the My Docs folder, but where? I want to exterminate the bugger before it somehow manages to bork my game (if it hasn't already).

Can anyone help? Or at least tell me not to stress about it? Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Books written by sims...
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 08, 11:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one book has somehow found its way into my bookstore in my brand new game, and I'm not sure how? Or why? Or how to get rid of it? None of the books by my old writer si have reappeared, and it worries me (probably more than it should) that this one has. I'm 'guessing' it's somewhere in the My Docs folder, but where? I want to exterminate the bugger before it somehow manages to bork my game (if it hasn't already).

Can anyone help? Or at least tell me not to stress about it? Thanks.
If you imported a lot from the previous hood that contained such a book, it may have inserted itself into the written book queue. AwesomeMod includes a command for eliminating such books: "burnbook <TITLE>". If you use "*" as your title, all written books will be exterminated. This command works even in "edit in game" mode of Create-A-Crap, so you can expunge any trace of previous sim-written books from a neighborhood that you are custom-building, possibly using salvaged lots from older neighborhoods.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
redShoes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Books written by sims...
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 08, 11:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that's excellent, cheers Pescado Smiley

I feel much calmer now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: