More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:57:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Create-A-World Tips, Tricks, and Annoyances
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Create-A-World Tips, Tricks, and Annoyances  (Read 229414 times)
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
Re: Create-A-World Tips, Tricks, and Annoyances
« Reply #200 on: 2010 January 22, 19:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, I haven't used it.

I don't plan to either, Riverview does fine with just a mile of no camera routing on all sides.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 January 26, 21:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im going nuts with this thing, most of ht etime randomly when Im trying to format my terrain tyhe buttons randomly stop working, nothing happens, I even cant place roads, so I have to save, and quit.

not to mention it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to delete the roads that were place in the middle of the water when I didnt even wanna put them there, and items which just randomly plop on the map for no reason at all D:
Not having these problems.

Im also trying to work out how to make bridges, the Guide that comes with this program is utterly useless beyond anything also when it comes to creating bridges

Double click any of the bridges in the "MetaData" to place.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 January 30, 13:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im also trying to work out how to make bridges, the Guide that comes with this program is utterly useless beyond anything also when it comes to creating bridges

Double click any of the bridges in the "MetaData" to place.

Well yes I knew that much the problem isnt that, its the fact that Im trying to actually place it over water, but instead it sinks into the water, I also wanna know do roads automatically connect to it?

It's normal. The bridges will "land" on the ground height, not the water height. You will have to "raise" it. "Move" it along Y axis with "snap to grid" off. Roads do connect/snap to bridges if you carefully drag the road to the edge of the bridge, not through it.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 February 01, 00:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a quick question. I've been creating a world for a while, I like small lots and have them setup city style. I haven't done any modding in the game, though. Today I fired it up for the first time and I have maptag overkill (and I mean I see nothing but blue dots). Is there any way around this or am I stuck with the only option of deleting and spacing the lots out?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 February 01, 00:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those only show up when you are editing the town. The maptag spam disappears in normal gameplay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 February 05, 21:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else been having trouble with uninstalling old test neighborhoods from the game? I used the launcher to do this, which predictably failed to work. Is there another method for burninating/uninstalling a world for those of us who want to replace them after fixing old errors?

ETA: I managed to fix the problem I was having, but the question still stands because the launcher is stupid and sucks.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 05, 23:38:20 by Ellatrue » Logged

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 February 05, 22:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To burninate, delete:
DCCache
InstalledWorlds
WorldCaches

in My Documents (XP).

Now a question. Can you get rid of the red spots when you paint the terrain? It's automatically generated if the terrain is steep. I can't erase it or disable it. It's blocking the view to paint the terrain.

« Last Edit: 2010 February 05, 23:57:26 by Lion » Logged

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 February 06, 00:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now a question. Can you get rid of the red spots when you paint the terrain? It's automatically generated if the terrain is steep. I can't erase it or disable it. It's blocking the view to paint the terrain.

In ‘Sculpt' mode to get rid of the red, you deselect the ‘Show Unroutable Terrain' box. 

In ‘Paint mode to get rid of the red, push the ‘Routing Opacity' down as low as you need in order to see, or all the way down to nothing if you like. 
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 February 06, 01:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In paint mode, ‘Routing Opacity' is down to nothing. Reds persist.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 February 06, 02:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have a vague recollection of this annoying me when I first started using the tool.  It has not happened to me in so long, I'm not sure when or why it stopped happening.  I do know that after I have turned on the routing to check to make sure all my spawners are accessible, sometimes the red stays up after I turn it back off, but right clicking on the world and/or zooming in and out causes it to go away.  Is this a new occurrence for you?  I know you have been working with the tool for awhile now and I'm wondering if this is the first time you have gone to paint a world, or if it just suddenly began to happen.  My only other suggestion is to exit and restart.  That or try kicking the darn thing.

edit/added: I have the perfect pair of shoes to do it with.  Do you want to borrow them?  
« Last Edit: 2010 February 06, 03:03:02 by The_Goddess » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 February 06, 02:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The red isn't really there, it's just an informative overlay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 February 06, 04:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this from the beginning. It's not new. I always tried to turn it off but can't find a way no matter what I try.

The red isn't really there, it's just an informative overlay.

Yeah, informative, but useless and obstructive.

FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 February 10, 18:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to edit the worlds that you can travel to on vacation? I wanted to edit China, but when I try to open it from the File>Open... menu, it says that it cannot load a packed file into the CaW. Is there anyway to "unpack" it? It would be really cool if my sims could vacation to a custom world. (I also tried putting a custom world into the Worlds folder in the WA files, but that didn't work heh heh...  Grin)

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 February 11, 02:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble placing a city hall on a 64X64 lot. It claims that the object is going out of bounds, which it isn't.

The lot is totally flat. Should I use MoveObjects? Will that create any problems?

Edit: Thanks, all. I used moveobjects. Haven't tested with sims yet; I'll edit back if I have a problem with their accessing it.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 11, 05:34:30 by phnxflyng » Logged

INTP.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 February 11, 03:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using moveobjects is fine. Just make sure that the area in front of the entrance is clear and flat.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 February 11, 04:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to place the city hall on a lot that is smaller than that using moveObjects, and had it go past the lot boundary a bit. I'm not sure the sims can use the object, though.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 February 11, 04:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble placing a city hall on a 64X64 lot. It claims that the object is going out of bounds, which it isn't.
The lot is totally flat. Should I use MoveObjects? Will that create any problems?

City Hall did that to me too.  It was the only rabbit hole that I had to use the moveObjects cheat on.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 February 11, 05:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason the community rabbitholes cannot be placed. It's because the terrain is not flat. However once the lot is placed on uneven ground, flattening the lot will not correct it.

Moveobjects is the easiest way to do it, but in my experience, putting a rabbithole on a foundation with a uneven lot will make the rabbithole load longer and be invisible during town view.

My solution to this problem is to remove the lot in CAW, flatten it then make a new blank lot. Repeat until the rabbithole can be successfully placed without having the moveobjects enabled.

I'm sure there might be an easier way but so far only this has worked for me.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 February 11, 07:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason the community rabbitholes cannot be placed. It's because the terrain is not flat. However once the lot is placed on uneven ground, flattening the lot will not correct it.

Moveobjects is the easiest way to do it, but in my experience, putting a rabbithole on a foundation with a uneven lot will make the rabbithole load longer and be invisible during town view.

My solution to this problem is to remove the lot in CAW, flatten it then make a new blank lot. Repeat until the rabbithole can be successfully placed without having the moveobjects enabled.

Uh, no. For one...it's flat. For two, rabbithole lots can be placed on uneven lots/terrain quite well. I do it all the time. I stick them into hills and such. The important thing is to make sure that the approach to the entrance is flat. Otherwise, you get random sims melding into the sidewalk.

I've never had any longer load times on my 'hoods (in fact, they seem to load faster than Riverview and Sunset Valley). I've never had display problems in town view.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 February 11, 08:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no. For one...it's flat. For two, rabbithole lots can be placed on uneven lots/terrain quite well. I do it all the time. I stick them into hills and such. The important thing is to make sure that the approach to the entrance is flat. Otherwise, you get random sims melding into the sidewalk.

I've never had any longer load times on my 'hoods (in fact, they seem to load faster than Riverview and Sunset Valley). I've never had display problems in town view.

Noted. Will re-evaluate a previous save. Thanks.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 February 12, 01:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Zazazu is right, the lot was flat. I flattened the ground before placing it. I eventually put down a level of foundation before placing the lot, so that's flat too. I placed the lot on the foundation using moveobjects, so once I've playtested I'll edit back and report on how it's behaving in game.

INTP.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 February 13, 13:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding Riverview rabbit holes don't show up in CAW after being placed on a lot.

I just want to know if this is normal.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 February 13, 13:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding Riverview rabbit holes don't show up in CAW after being placed on a lot.

I just want to know if this is normal.

This has been covered before quite a bit, but yes, it's normal. They appear in Edit In Game, only basegame/EP content will appear in CAS itself.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 February 13, 19:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, that's a relief.

By the way, here is my town I'm working on, Avian Valley:

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 February 19, 13:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a terrain paint they've been using to mimic sidewalk? I'm trying to work on this new world, but having issues with blending certain areas.

Finally: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392122

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: