More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 09:20:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Most of Custom Hair, Clothing and Some Accessories Suddenly Missing/Broken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Most of Custom Hair, Clothing and Some Accessories Suddenly Missing/Broken  (Read 5429 times)
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Most of Custom Hair, Clothing and Some Accessories Suddenly Missing/Broken
« on: 2012 January 12, 03:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I hadn't played Sims in a few days and i was going to play it. Everything loaded fine, until I noticed my sims were missing their custom hair, clothing and accessories.

All their hair suddenly just looked like a base color, or were completely bald, most of the custom shirts aren't working (Just a empty space on the sim) and all the custom accessories ( i.e. cigarettes/ 3D facial piercings) are non-existant, all of a sudden.

I have NO idea what happened, for most of my CC to suddenly break, as I hadn't played in weeks and nothing was altered and now I'm getting those " Exception Raised Unwritten default on write access on address ____ x _____ Do you wish to debug it?" messages so often it's almost becoming literally impossible to play.

Does ANYONE have ideas why it's doing this?

(photo is supposed to have custom hair and multiple facial piercings)

Fifteen bucks, little man, put that shit, in my hand, nog nog noganoga nognog.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
Re: Most of Custom Hair, Clothing and Some Accessories Suddenly Missing/Broken
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 12, 11:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game has suddenly started doing exactly the same thing last night. I'm hoping it is just corrupt cache files.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 12, 22:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's because my Macbook hates me and my soul but this is so irritating.

I deleted over 30 CC items that were really hard to find hoping they might've been the problem, but NOPE.

Every time I'm in wardrobe or Create a Sim, this pops up. The icons glitch first, then it craps out. Like this v

Fifteen bucks, little man, put that shit, in my hand, nog nog noganoga nognog.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 19, 04:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. People have tried to explain this to you several times in many different threads, but I'm tired of feeling like this is the O HAY HELP TIFFANAY forum so I will do what I can to explain it to you using very small words so that hopefully you will understand.

You broke your game and made it sad.

Nobody here knows (or cares) what CC you have, so it is YOUR job to do basic troubleshooting. "Basic troubleshooting" means when you make your game sad you try to find out why instead of asking the internets.

Your problem is probably CC. The way to find out is not deleting CC at random because you think it might be the problem.

Take out ALL your CC. If you want to be extra sure, take out all your CC, uninstall the game, reinstall the whole thing from scratch, and then run the game without any CC at all. This means NONE. ZERO CC. Actually, I will be generous and allow you to have awesomemod so you don't have to cry when your game wants to see the disk. NO OTHERS. NONE.

Does your game work? Congratulations, you have now established that one or more of your CC packages are corrupt.

Until you have followed these incredibly simple instructions DO NOT COME BACK. Do not post. Nobody cares. Nobody is going to hold your hand and pat you and tell you everything will be okay, then fix your game, make you a sandwich and then change your diaper.
Datch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 20, 04:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I'm not usually participating in hand-holding either. That said, the above pictures are a reminder of a far too common (daily?) occurrence in my own game, and I thought bringing my 2-cents on this issue could possibly help future users who attempt and succeed at a simple key-word search.

I believe that the CC hair glitch reported in the first post is actually a well known glitch, specific to macs (although possibly not restricted to macs). I personally have been encountering this on and off since the first EP in 2009. This glitch seems to have been alternatively fixed then broken since then. It is not a bug, as it is not EA's concern to make the game compatible with 3rd party content. It may be related to bad CC, but in my specific case, it is not. That said, common sense dictates to weed out your game from bad CC first. Clothing is never affected in my game, only some CC hair, accessories and skins, so your glitch may have a different cause than mine.

I have never found a fix for this and doubt one really exists. Clearing the caches (CASPartCache.package) is all that's needed, but often several attempts are necessary. If the game has crashed, clearing the cache once may not be sufficient. I often have to restart and load the game, then quit the game (using the quit button, not using force quit), then clear the caches again and restart. This routine works, say, about 60% of the time for me.

As for the exception raised issue in CAS, it happens to me as well, mostly when I am impatient and try to select items before the game has finished loading/generating thumbnails, but sometimes without apparent reason. It started with Generations, and have no idea if it's a glitch specific to macs. In my game, it's like the game tripping over it's own feet!

Disclaimer: I'm no Sims3 wizard, just a player relating her own experience.
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 January 20, 14:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have recently switched over to the Mac temporarily. I find this hair problem too. It's mostly with the super silky wispy hairs you see on Peggy's site and almost never happens with the Maxis match textures. I don't have a problem with this, because I hate the silky look and have only downloaded one or two.

If oh hay girl makes another thread, I think she deserves to die a slow painful death. I think it's gotten to the point where MTS posters would have killed her and even Boolprop's ubersweeties would be calling for her head.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: