More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:30:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 235813 times)
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #350 on: 2009 December 23, 01:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope some better solution to this situation will appear. The conversion of store files into package files lags my game so much it won't start.

**Edit
My game will not start with package conversions expect the modern minimalist set. Could this be because it is newer than the others?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 23, 02:56:21 by simfan » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009 December 23, 03:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope some better solution to this situation will appear. The conversion of store files into package files lags my game so much it won't start.

**Edit
My game will not start with package conversions expect the modern minimalist set. Could this be because it is newer than the others?
If you read the thread, you would have known that this issue exists before converting them.  I hope you backed them up.  I have no idea why only the Modern Minimalist set works.  I did not convert any of my Sims3.packs to packages because I already knew it would slow down the game.

Try cutting all your package conversion files to your desktop and then starting your game to see what difference it makes.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009 December 23, 06:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a .ebc file in my DCCache. Is this file similar to the .dbc files in terms of function?
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2009 December 23, 06:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I was about to ask about your resistance to the poor, under-used shift key on your keyboard. Did they issue you with a defective one, or did yours do something to offend you?
"Underused" is not a hyphenate.   Smiley

I stand corrected, thank you!

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
RebornFan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2009 December 23, 14:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:-? strange, i've converted my store into package (roundly 280 files w/o River) and i don't seem to notice the extra long load time, what type of load time you're mentioning
(2.3 GB of RAM :|)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009 December 23, 14:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:-? strange, i've converted my store into package (roundly 280 files w/o River) and i don't seem to notice the extra long load time, what type of load time you're mentioning
(2.3 GB of RAM :|)
Not load time; I'm speaking of the lag that many people have experienced with package files since the last patch came out.

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2009 December 23, 16:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a .ebc file in my DCCache. Is this file similar to the .dbc files in terms of function?

.ebc file is content that you have loaded direct FROM store. Not the shared. The shared are in .dbc files.

Bevor I patched I have created a new game. I have created a new downloads folder and moved only shared store content in it. In launcher created a .dbc files, renamed the files and moved they in mods folder. Changed the resource.cfg to read .dbc files.
The content from other sites is in DCcache. That works for me fine. I have not very much custom content.

Not load time; I'm speaking of the lag that many people have experienced with package files since the last patch came out.

I think, maybe it is not so good to have too much files in mods. EA make allways the big files with content to read for the game. Not one file for one object.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 23, 17:06:59 by Heli » Logged
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2009 December 23, 19:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconnor, unfortunately I didn't back them up Sad
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009 December 23, 20:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay.. I spoke too soon!  Lips sealed

Coconnor, with your edited resource.cfg code my game crashed after load. After multiple trials I came to the conclusion that was the problem. So I tried Imyouboy's edited code and it loaded fine with all the DCCache files in the mods>package. After multiple trials, chantings, sacrifices, voodoo, witchcraft, prayers, and head bashings I got the game to load...but with none of the CC  Sad

I have a few hairs from sites in .packages and other misc CC... and I have almost all store stuff (but recent) and NONE showed.  Angry

I understand why EA fucked up illegal store shit but why every other CC? I remember when will wright made the game he envisioned an extremely customizable, open game. Now we have EA stamped payshit.

Anywho.. any other possible suggestions?

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009 December 23, 22:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try cutting all your package conversion files to your desktop and then starting your game to see what difference it makes.

The only files that worked were the modern minimalist. Im about to cave and buy the sets i really miss Sad
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009 December 24, 00:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Batman:  That seems odd.  I tend to think it is the CC and not the Resource.cfg.  I'm using the resource.cfg I posted, and I have no problem with my custom content ~ as far as I can tell, all of my store stuff is in game and what little package files I left after the last patch seem to be showing up fine as well (I had begun moving some of it back but when this new patch came out, with all the trouble people have had, I moved most of it back out.)  I copied the content of the DCCache file to Mods>Packages, but also left it where it was.  Game is running fine and has not been crashing.

@simfan:  Yes, I guess.  I don't even know if you re-download any "shared" files whether they will install.  When I went to TSR to tell them not to direct people to "google" me on MATY, but instead to post the contents of the Resource.cfg file on their site, I noticed that a lot of them seem to be saying that EA has "broken the launcher" with this patch, rather than having a more "insidious" intent.  Of course, this could be bullshit ... and there are people complaining, but since people here have also had problems with the launcher, perhaps this is true and they will again "patch the patch" in an attempt to fix it.  If that happens, maybe things will work as usual.  I, in fact, had a problem with the launcher when I used the World Adventures shortcut, but when I used the shortcut for the base game it worked fine.  So, I don't know what to think.

I'm really NOT an expert at this at all.  Just reading and observing here, and a somewhat more advanced knowledge of the workings of my computer.  No modding experience at all, though.

Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009 December 24, 01:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cocoonnor what version are you running (both sims + am)? Maybe this has something to do with it.. Is your version illegal or store bought?

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009 December 24, 02:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running 1.8/2.3 - store-bought versions of both games.  As you know, AwesomeMod is updated frequently, so is also frequently changed in my game.  I try to update before each time I play to make sure I have the current version.  I played for awhile last night, so it was the one posted yesterday - 12/22/09 @ 4:22 AM.  I have now downloaded the one from today - 12/23/09 @ 10:10 AM but will most likely not get to play the game tonight.

The laptop I play on has a Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor @ 2.20 GHz per core; 4 GB RAM, running Windows Vista 64-bit and an NVidia GEForce 8600M GT video card with 512 MB RAM.  Surely not the best, but better than my old desktop, which couldn't run it.  One of these days I'll be able to replace it, but I'll also have to replace my son's desktop which is almost as old!

dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2009 December 24, 03:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just jumping in - I am having no problems with getting pirated EA Store content to work using the methods previously discussed, and I have pirated versions of both the base game and WA. I don't think that has much to do with anything. Computer specs could be an issue though; I have a nice graphics card and an Intel i7 CPU.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009 December 24, 12:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled my games. Both sims 3 and Wa are from torrents. Fresh installed patched game. No hacks or anything. My game crashes when it is loading up the neighborhood. I tried both sunset valley and Riverview. Can anyone tell me how to get my neighborhood to load?

I had the exact same issue with clean game, with and without AM, NO custom content.  I do have a BRAND NEW laptop with an "unsupported video card".  The game works fine with the previous version.  Add in this patch and I get CTD at loading the neighborhood.  I THINK it's a video card/patch issue.  I'm not going to have time to try the patch again until after the holidays.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2009 December 24, 17:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah I just realized that I forgot to install the more recent AM.  Shocked

I blame EA for making me overlook it, though.  Grin

Fireyhellpixie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009 December 24, 21:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't convert the resource file back from txt to cfg on any of my three computers.  Can someone post their altered resource file for me?  Much appreciated. 
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2009 December 25, 01:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's mine. It's very basic. It allows for three levels: the main folders, sub-folders, and sub-sub-folders:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.dbc

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywmoya1tzkl/Resource.cfg
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2009 December 25, 02:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconnor, did you use dbc files that were saved before you patched?

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2009 December 25, 05:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  I had all my content installed before I patched, so those were the .dbc files already in DCCache.  I did not have to reinstall most of my stuff.  I had moved out my downloads folder, DCCache file, Saves, Mods before reinstalling/patching.  It pays to back-up your stuff.

Chadwick Harkness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2009 December 25, 10:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so here's my lame ass question. I Just got both Sims 3 and WA tonight, and have been trying to get my newly downloaded Store content to work, but it won't work cause of the damn patch. If I just patch Sims 3 to 1.7, should I be able to install my store stuff fine? And what do I do with WA? No patching for it at all, right?
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2009 December 25, 11:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17614.0.html

Scroll down to the second half/bottom of this thread.

And yes Smiley
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2009 December 25, 19:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this issue as well.  I've been reading this thread rather extensively and I believe I understand how to "correct" this problem.  What I would like to know, is, do you think that EA is going to release a patch shortly that would render this fix useless and require additional maneuvers?  I would simply prefer to wait for a more permanent solution if that is the case.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2009 December 25, 19:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's entirely possible.  There has been talk that EA "broke the launcher" with the latest patch and so it seems they may come out with a patch to address that.  Who knows when that will be?  Also, I don't know what, if anything, else it may break or fix.  Undoubtedly, there will be a way around all that as well.  But, I agree, a game should not be this much work.

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2009 December 25, 23:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope ea fixes the launcher soon! I can't play the game with a half stocked catalog of furniture and clothes.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: