More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:21:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 235806 times)
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #125 on: 2009 December 17, 04:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched the game and copied the contents of DCCache folder into Mods>Packages, modifying the Resource.Cfg to accept .dbc files and it looks like everything is showing up and the game is running.  Thanks for figuring this out so quickly Pescado!

What all did you have to change?

First I went to the directory where the Sims is installed and changed my resource.cfg to be like this:

Priority 501
PackedFile Mods/Override/*.package
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Hair/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Skins/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Decor/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Accessories/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Clothing/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Build/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Patterns/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCC/*.dbc

Then under the Mods folder I created a folder called DCC.

Into that folder I copied all the .dbc files from the DCCache folder.

Everything loads and all content is there.

EDIT:  Must have hit enter at the same time as you, sorry for the duplicate entry.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: 2009 December 17, 04:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about Riverview?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 December 17, 04:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like Riverview might have been a casualty.  I'll have to see if I can redownload it via the launcher.  I have my main family in Sunset Valley and have not used Riverview since the original TS3 AwesomeMod testing.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 December 17, 04:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about Riverview?

Riverview loads fine for me.  No problems at all.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 December 17, 04:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After you do what Coconnor said to get your stuff to show up in game and you download something and have to use the Launcher to install it, is there anything you have to do first before trying to install it through the launcher?

Riverview is still in my game - I didn't have to reinstall it.  Actually, it's my daughter's game.  I haven't installed the World Adventures or the newest patch yet in my game.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 04:58:40 by jaldeer » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 December 17, 05:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'll be a step-by-step experience, I guess.  Although I did download the free coffee pot thing and it showed up in the game immediately.  I still have the game running so have not checked out where it put it yet.  There is a new file in the Downloads folder called Nav.bin as others have mentioned.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 18:46:14 by coconnor » Logged

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 December 17, 05:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think that is possible, the .dbc files are generated by the launcher so if it cannot install the sims3pack you are stuck ... you can use your previous items using that trick but that is it.

Either EA fixes this mess or Sims3packs are a dead format.
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 December 17, 05:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify, because I'm having difficulty getting the above prescribed method to work.

I've installed the latest version of the AwesomeMod (the 1.8/2.3 TEST VERSION naturally)

I've copied the 5 or 6 files I had in the DCCache folder to a new folder in the program files Sims 3 directory (E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages) called Dbc Files.

I changed the resource.cfg file in the E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Files folder and the E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory to read:-

Priority 501
PackedFile Mods/Override/*.package
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Hair/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Skins/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Decor/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Accessories/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Clothing/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Build/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Patterns/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCC/*.dbc

However, still no CC in game :S

So, am I unlucky or a total doof who can't do anything right ?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 December 17, 05:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have the specific files set up that imyourboy uses, then copying that Resource.CFG could be the cause of your problem.  Copy the generic one that I posted instead.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 December 17, 05:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have copied the DBC files, and changed my .cfg file. Yet only some of my downloads show up, this includes Store things I have legitimately bought. To say I am annoyed is putting it mildly. I did not pay for certain items and they are there. I purchased the Asian Fusion set, and its gone. Also after having done this quick fix, my files are severely mixed up in game. Decorations are showing up under beds, and bookshelves under cribs.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 05:41:59 by Druscylla » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 December 17, 05:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried re-downloading it through the launcher?  Items that you have previously purchased should be able to be re-downloaded in that manner.  I've not closed the game yet to check any of that.

tylersada
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 December 17, 05:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think that is possible, the .dbc files are generated by the launcher so if it cannot install the sims3pack you are stuck ... you can use your previous items using that trick but that is it.

Actually the sims3pak works fine from every site but the official Sims3 site.  If you want something from the store the patch now apparently monitors what you have paid for and what you have not.  I had 2000 points from promotions.  Everything that I obtained legally works fine.  All of the sims store content that I have obtained from other sites are useless.  I have sims3paks from SimsDesign Avenue and Around the Sims 3.  Those are working fine.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2009 December 17, 05:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the sims3pak works fine from every site but the official Sims3 site.  If you want something from the store the patch now apparently monitors what you have paid for and what you have not.  I had 2000 points from promotions.  Everything that I obtained legally works fine.  All of the sims store content that I have obtained from other sites are useless.  I have sims3paks from SimsDesign Avenue and Around the Sims 3.  Those are working fine.
Note entirely true. I have a bunch of things from 3rd party sites that were installed via launcher, that don't show up in the game. Namely from a handful of Asian sites and TSR. A few work. But more don't.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 December 17, 05:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If what you say is true, people will have to be more creative when stealing from the EA Store. On an another note, I used the .dbc fix, and all seems to be fine. Though, there still could've been casualties in the patch.. but I didnt use those files anway, so no loss to me.
tylersada
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 December 17, 05:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've mainly had trouble with the Sims 3 site.  I haven't downloaded much from TSR, but I download from Annosims, AT3, Sims Design Avenue and this site primarily, so I haven't run into too much problem other than a couple of patterns that wouldn't install.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 December 17, 05:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried re-downloading it through the launcher?  Items that you have previously purchased should be able to be re-downloaded in that manner.  I've not closed the game yet to check any of that.

I did download it twice, now the official site is down for maintenance. I am hoping they are attempting to fix FailPatch 2.3, but I always was a tad over-enthusiatic.
alexpilgrim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 December 17, 06:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing on a mac, apparently the patched game installs custom .Sims3pack files correctly but not EA store items (I tried with two items I downloaded here, not officially bought at the store, so maybe they added some anti-piracy crap), and all my previous downloads (store or not) are showing up fine.

Oh, and CAW is only for PC, how nice   Roll Eyes
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 December 17, 06:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have the specific files set up that imyourboy uses, then copying that Resource.CFG could be the cause of your problem.  Copy the generic one that I posted instead.

Okeedokes, i'll give that a try. In the meantimes I tried using the DCbackup package files. As mentioned, it takes forever to load, but it works. However, the neighbourhood seems to be doing very strange things. If I zoom out of the house (My family is in the corner house behind the courthouse, the one thats predominantly blue) then it focuses on some mountain road, and if I navigate around, most of the roads are in the wrong place etc etc.

Whether this is related to the patch, or just my attempts to navigate around it, i'll find out Smiley
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 December 17, 06:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing on a mac, apparently the patched game installs custom .Sims3pack files correctly but not EA store items (I tried with two items I downloaded here, not officially bought at the store, so maybe they added some anti-piracy crap), and all my previous downloads (store or not) are showing up fine.

The anti-piracy bit wouldn't surprise me at all.  Perhaps Pescado can take a look at that as things evolve.  We'll all have to try a file and report results.

SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 December 17, 06:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, well I tried using your version, but alas, same result. The weird neighbourhood issues have gone though, after I removed the DCbackup .package files
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 December 17, 06:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed coconnor's instructions to the letter - all my custom content showed up...

I'm not too worried about non-EA store sims3pack files at this point - I've noticed I'm not downloading much of anything lately - regardless of file type...game just takes too long to load/render/etc. as it is and if I stuff it full of CC it's likely to implode.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 December 17, 06:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, well I tried using your version, but alas, same result. The weird neighbourhood issues have gone though, after I removed the DCbackup .package files
I went back to your original post and just noticed that it mentions 2 resource.cfg files - 1 within the Mods>Packages folder and 1 in the base game installation directory.  There should only be 1 in the base game installation directory.  Try that. 

specann
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 December 17, 06:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also on a mac, and none of my sims3pack downloads are showing up, both ones I bought and ones I downloaded.
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 December 17, 06:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went back to your original post and just noticed that it mentions 2 resource.cfg files - 1 within the Mods>Packages folder and 1 in the base game installation directory.  There should only be 1 in the base game installation directory.  Try that. 

Will do. Again, just to clarify, does this make ALL CC work? Or just Non-Store CC?

On that same note, I do have a little programming experience behind me. If the game is now programmed to block certain files unless they are bought, but others that are 3rd party CC work, then would it be possible to extract the sims3pack file down to its constituent parts and then build a new one from the parts? This should in theory make the game think that its ordinary 3rd party CC and load it with no issues. There is clearly some line of code or key that says (in essence) "StoreContent = 1" which a 3rd party sims3pack does not possess. If this is the case, extracting the file then building a new one should remove this data.

I am completely green when it comes to Sims 3 modding however, so thats only in theory.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 December 17, 06:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's supposed to make both the store content and the non-store content work (at least that which you presently have installed).  I have no idea about modding the files ... that's something that I assume will be addressed as we go along by Pescado or other modders in the community.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: