More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 04:24:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 237248 times)
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 Released - CAW Out
« Reply #75 on: 2009 December 16, 23:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, I've tried copying DCBackups to a folder within mods, CC loaded, but something is severly wrong. So then I tried extracting all .package files out of the .sims3package files I had in downloads. Same strange behavior (hard to explain try it yourself to see), and again missing CC loaded. So I guess the only other thing to do is clear DCBackups and Downloads (though I don't believe that is read by anything other than the launcher), and try the same extraction. Though, I have a feeling Mr. Pescado is going to have to share his black magic with us to find a fix. Should this be in it's own thread?
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 December 16, 23:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. You can open Sunset Valley and Riverview and edit them. You click on File -> Open World. From there you can edit what is already there.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 December 16, 23:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new patch...great...I was missing some drama in my life lately...NOT -____-

Question - 2 patches, one for base game, other for WA. Do I have to patch them both? WA shouldn`t be a problem (I can`t believe I said that), but I didn`t patch my base game to 1.7 b/c...I don`t know, I forgot to sacrifice a sheep prior to that, it just kept spitting out that "Can`t update" blah blah whatchamacallit crap. So, to use CAW, do I have to update both?
And while I`m at it, let`s say EA releases another 7 EPs. Can you imagine what would that mean? Patching 9 times? (Ok, light bulb moment - probably not, b/c the base game will be to 2.0/1.9 version, WA till 3.0, 2.9 etc...)

Why am I even playing this game? WHY? ...o_O...
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 December 16, 23:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new patch...great...I was missing some drama in my life lately...NOT -____-

Question - 2 patches, one for base game, other for WA. Do I have to patch them both? WA shouldn`t be a problem (I can`t believe I said that), but I didn`t patch my base game to 1.7 b/c...I don`t know, I forgot to sacrifice a sheep prior to that, it just kept spitting out that "Can`t update" blah blah whatchamacallit crap. So, to use CAW, do I have to update both?
And while I`m at it, let`s say EA releases another 7 EPs. Can you imagine what would that mean? Patching 9 times? (Ok, light bulb moment - probably not, b/c the base game will be to 2.0/1.9 version, WA till 3.0, 2.9 etc...)

Why am I even playing this game? WHY? ...o_O...

Yes, base game to 1.8.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 December 16, 23:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, crap...

Now let`s see, where did I put that god forsaken patch and...this is going to be a looooong night...
dimples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 December 16, 23:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Klondike, look near the bottom of page 1 of this thread.
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 December 16, 23:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, i'm a long time lurker (ever since I learned to hate TSR, back with the original Sims) and thought it finally time to register and post. I wholeheartedly support JMs attempts to work around this insidious patch. I would like to think that, given sites like TSR, that the removal of support for all non-Store CC was an accidental side effect of the ingame store 'feature'. As much as we all hate paysites, EA clearly acknowledges their place (and with TS3 even made their own, the Store) and I therefore find it hard to believe they would deliberately stick two fingers up at paysites. They may not get a slice of the pie, but paysites and publishers make money for each other. Without the game, there would be no paysite. Without the paysites and modding in general, games have far shorter shelf lives.

So, its my hope that eventually this restriction will be removed.

However in the short term, all hail JM Smiley

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 December 17, 00:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok

so i installed the new patch, nothing wrong so far
the next thing i know is that all the clothes that i had were gone
i mean, all the clothes from the sims 3 store.
i only had the ones that i did bought on the sims 3 store
the other ones were downloaded from another different page.

i dont understand why they did this
and in the part where it explains what this new patch contains,
I dont remember reading this!
that all the store content that isn't originally bought from the original store will disappear.

I just read this at SimsCave...it makes me scared

It's already pointed out here.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 December 17, 00:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then, I'm editing my post above. Sorry, Lion. It made me really upset and I can't explain exactly...I love playing TS3 but every time a patch comes out to fix something, it ends ups borking the rest of the game. I think the exact word would be "frustration"... Cry

ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 December 17, 00:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've made MANY attempts to restore my CC, but to no avail. I'm able to get it to load, but the game is basically hosed in a way that can not be explained. So, until they release a new patch or somebody  Wink releases a tool to fix older sims3package files.. I believe they are just gone for now.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 December 17, 00:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I would like to think that, given sites like TSR, that the removal of support for all non-Store CC was an accidental side effect of the ingame store 'feature' ...I therefore find it hard to believe they would deliberately stick two fingers up at paysites.

Maybe but TSR is one of the few paysites sites that use Sims3Pack, Peggy and Rose remain unaffected as the majority of their files is in normal .package format.

It does hit a lot of non-subcription/free sites, even if Liana could be said to technically be a paysite (donation packs) she pretty much only releases it as Sims3packs but then you have Lilisims that is free and only releases in Sims3 packs.

The biggest hit is Sims3pack as a format, right now people must be asking if releasing their stuff in that format is still a viable option ... as EA demonstrated exactly how much they care about the community creators.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 December 17, 00:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on, kids. I doubt this has anything to do with EA's stance towards the community creators. EA doesn't think that wide. No, they simply changed the way that the game recognizes sims3packs so as to fight pirating from their store.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 December 17, 00:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on, kids. I doubt this has anything to do with EA's stance towards the community creators. EA doesn't think that wide. No, they simply changed the way that the game recognizes sims3packs so as to fight pirating from their store.

That's what I was thinking as well, but I'd still like to get my other .sims3package CC to load.
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 December 17, 00:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some reports on MTS that people have patched up and their CC is working just fine.  This is interesting...
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 December 17, 00:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another day, another EA fuck up. I'm dreading to think how more time it's going to take for the game to load up if it can't even handle native .sims3packs properly.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 December 17, 00:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some reports on MTS that people have patched up and their CC is working just fine.  This is interesting...

Because MTS requires uploaders to use .package files which appear to be working.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 December 17, 00:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Conversion to .package and bruteforcing the issue makes everything work again, yes. Trying to install via Sims3pack results in retroactive borkedness if installed prior to patching, or not installing at all if applied afterwards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 December 17, 00:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a retail copy of the Base game, and the reloaded version of WA. After the patch it now tells me that my base game and expansion are incompatible and to please patch. However the launcher says that my game is up to date.  Here's the game version it shows in launcher: 2.3.33.003002

WTF?

** I did something stupid. I left the cracked exe in instead of putting in the .bk

Same problem. It patched successfully but is still asking me to patch. I didn't replace with cracked exe. How to fix this?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2009 December 17, 00:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado - will this work for store items?

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 December 17, 00:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem. It patched successfully but is still asking me to patch. I didn't replace with cracked exe. How to fix this?

This probably isn't much help since everyone seems to hate EADM, but I got that error after trying to patch as well. I just reinstalled everything, and patched using the EADM instead, and it works fine. The download manager doesn't explode your game, and it -can- be uninstalled right after patching. It doesn't hurt too much, and it does work.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
CyberOps
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 December 17, 00:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to patch the sims 3 base game and the sims 3 world adventures, ok it's all a big ...... by EA but they force you to patch both the original base game and the expansion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 December 17, 00:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. The easy "fast" method is to take your dbcdbcrapwhatzits.dbc files and just move them into your mods/packages, and tell resource.cfg to accept .dbcs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 December 17, 00:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To those who are having trouble patching: make sure you're downloading the right patch for your region. The ones Pescado linked to in this thread will not work for everyone. You can just change the last digit in the link to match whatever version you need to get the right patch for you.
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 December 17, 01:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. The easy "fast" method is to take your dbcdbcrapwhatzits.dbc files and just move them into your mods/packages, and tell resource.cfg to accept .dbcs.

What do you recommend? The DBCCache bait-and-switch or just convert em all? Does it make any difference in stability, or are both methods awful workarounds born from impatience that will ultimately hose things?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2009 December 17, 01:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you need to type into the resource.cfg for it to accept those files?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: