More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:10:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 235801 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 Released - CAW Out
« Reply #50 on: 2009 December 16, 22:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link broken for AM Test
Unless you want half a zip file, maybe you should wait until it finishes uploading. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 December 16, 22:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link broken for AM Test
Unless you want half a zip file, maybe you should wait until it finishes uploading. Tongue

NEED MY FIX!!! *Shivers*

EDIT: *sighs* D/ling now.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 December 16, 22:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to patch twice.
Whats up with that then? Run the same patch twice, or two different ones?  Tongue
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 December 16, 22:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to patch twice.
Whats up with that then? Run the same patch twice, or two different ones?  Tongue

One for the base game, one for WA>
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 December 16, 22:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in order for TSR's files to work... they have to use AM? Suddenly EA's total ineptness has gotten much more entertaining.

ETA: Never mind, misunderstood what Pescado was saying. Regardless, the irony of TSR trumpeting .sims3packs as the way to go is pretty entertaining stuff.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 16, 22:58:37 by Sigmund » Logged

I sing along with elevator music.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 December 16, 22:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I found out what happened to all the .Sims3packs. The EA launcher, and the game itself, no longer correctly reads them. Anyone, most noteably TSR, who relies on them, is now fucked. A workaround exists, but it involves DARK SORCERY and ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS, so that's right out for TSR. But I fixed it.
* nanacake facepalms

That means another patch is probably going to have to be released immediately. When in doubt wait and then doubt more.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2009 December 16, 22:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. EA really hates CC. First they make packages cause issues, then sims3packs. >>

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
mapdark
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 December 16, 22:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm close to burnout and am a poor overworked 3D student.
Therefore my brain is not working right.<

What did I miss?

WHAT link?
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 December 16, 22:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I found out what happened to all the .Sims3packs. The EA launcher, and the game itself, no longer correctly reads them. Anyone, most noteably TSR, who relies on them, is now fucked. A workaround exists, but it involves DARK SORCERY and ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS, so that's right out for TSR. But I fixed it.

Still not showing my Buy Mode CC (furniture, etc). I'll try a few more things, but still no luck at this point.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 December 16, 22:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the AM update fix?  Does it make the CC work again?  Ohh come on tell me!
No, this AM update just makes the game itself work. Fixing CC requires DARK SORCERY and ELDRITCH CHICANERY involving file manipulation, and is not for dummies. Like you. Do you look anything like your avatar? Because your avatar has a really stupid look on her face.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 December 16, 22:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the AM update fix?  Does it make the CC work again?  Ohh come on tell me!
No, this AM update just makes the game itself work. Fixing CC requires DARK SORCERY and ELDRITCH CHICANERY involving file manipulation, and is not for dummies. Like you. Do you look anything like your avatar? Because your avatar has a really stupid look on her face.

Make a tool? Or will I have to launch S3pe/oc to fix it?
mapdark
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 December 16, 22:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm .. Would extracting all the sims 3 packs as package files in the mods folder help in anyway?
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 December 16, 22:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm .. Would extracting all the sims 3 packs as package files in the mods folder help in anyway?

That's exactly what I was going to say. It should all be in DCBack in your My Documents folder. I'll give it shot.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 December 16, 23:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I iz stupid whatever face I pull!!  But no that is the delectable Drew Barrymore!  We wuvs her lots and lots!

Seriously, we are a couple and we post on the net as a couple so you never know which you are talking to.  Not that there's a lot of difference, we're both stupid!

OWWWW!!  *Gets hit around the head by wife who doesn't agree with above generalisation!*

Yikes, that was sickening... You've just caused my eyes and brain some serious offence there. Well done.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2009 December 16, 23:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can turn store items into package files too.

*smacks tickleonthetum.
Do you WANT cans?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 December 16, 23:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trashcans, dumb fuck. As in, be made a Retardo Lander. If you continue to act like an imbecile in order to be "cute", ignore the most basic rules of grammar, and double-post, you just might find it happening to you.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 December 16, 23:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.. in my attempt to copy ALL package files from DCBackups to my Mods/Packages/Sims3Package folder.. I caused some REALLY odd behavior.. HOWEVER, my furniture showed up again. lol... god damn it. Now I have to figure out where the problem is.. maybe deleting the files in DCBackup will help..
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2009 December 16, 23:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please quit the rambling, this isn't your LJ. Cease threadshitting tickleonthetum.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 December 16, 23:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be interested in whether or not converting sims3packs to packages is a workable solution. I believe the most recent patch (well, before this apocalypse-inducing one) caused some pretty severe lag whenever there were files in the Mods folder that had been converted from sims3packs. I know I had to do some major cleaning in order to get my game to even load.

I sing along with elevator music.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 December 16, 23:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm about to scream... I keep getting the infamous crash at loading the neighbourhood.... yargh.

Fresh install too... with no mods, all patched up, and no CC except riverview.

EA are so infuriating.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 December 16, 23:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I don't think the vanilla players are very happy either as I currently cannot access the official forums...like that would provide anything other than mildly amusing entertainment...so then I went and checked TSR...amazingly quiet over there...almost like a ghost town, actually...

And when Pes said "Dark Sorcery & Eldritch Chicanery' first thing popped into my head was PK Dick...so does one need LSD to make it work? I hope not.

I am waiting until the "all clear" is given...I don't care how long it takes. I'm not having EA screw my game up ever again.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 December 16, 23:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, CAW is easy to use. I have used dev tools in the past, and this is by far the most straight forward thing I have seen. Still uses the same rules, mouse wheel zooms, ctrl + right click moves the map...so it shouldn't take anyone determined very long to master.
I am currently trying to locate where the patches auto-update to, because they seem to be insidious things that I am not sure if I wish to inflict on anyone. Except TSR.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 December 16, 23:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you edit Sunset Valley or Riverview? Not from a piece of land with terrain paints, but the ones with roads and lots and everything else that we got from the game.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Klondike
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 December 16, 23:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could somebody direct me to a download for the patch of just the base game without WA? I'm assuming the earlier post that had the download link was for WA, unless it can also be used for the base game. Thanks in advance. Smiley
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 December 16, 23:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lion, there are the templates for Sunset Valley and Riverview, they only have terrain paints and roads, you have to place all deco, trees, and lots.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: