More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:55:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 237254 times)
grevious_angel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #375 on: 2009 December 26, 05:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit. Fixed
« Last Edit: 2009 December 26, 05:43:35 by grevious_angel » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2009 December 26, 05:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, I agree, a game should not be this much work.
A huge "word" to this.  Even if you've been completely vanilla with your game, it requires you to patch BOTH the original game AND the EP to work, will not do it automatically via the launcher, and DOESN'T TELL YOU HOW TO FIX IT YOURSELF.  I had to come here to find out how to get past the "WA is not compatible with TS3 installation" error message, because naturally the launcher only wanted to patch WA, and downloading the TS3 patch manually FROM EA gave me an error message that the fucking patch wouldn't work with my version of TS3, even though I downloaded the US patch for the US game.

Now my head hurts and I'm all scowly.  >.<

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tamsyn
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2009 December 26, 17:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is rather odd. I admit that my graphics card fails hard, and I wasn't expecting it to run Sims 3 to begin with, but it did. However, after I patched Sims 3 to 1.8 the map started glitching. It doesn't do it in Edit Town mode, only when in an active household. I'm wondering what could have happened that made it suddenly start happening when it had been running along (at low quality) perfectly fine before I patched about a week ago. The only mods I have in are AwesomeMod and Ruleof6.

ETA:
It's in Sunset Valley, so it's not a Riverview problem. Also, it's the Awesomized version from the Pudding Factory.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2009 December 26, 19:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Following the instructions here, I was able to update to the newest patch, keep all my CC and get CAW. I used the dbc folder and updating the resource.cfg method to make all my Sims3packs show. It's worth noting that only "alternative" sims store downloads were affected. I moved Riverview to the Non-packaged folder in Program Files, so I don't know if that would have been an issue or not.

Baaa, for all the advice given here.
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2009 December 26, 23:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconnor, any chance you can upload your cache files and they will work for me??

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2009 December 27, 04:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's mine. It's very basic. It allows for three levels: the main folders, sub-folders, and sub-sub-folders:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.dbc

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywmoya1tzkl/Resource.cfg

Thanks, for some reason I couldn't edit it right.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2009 December 27, 05:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconnor, any chance you can upload your cache files and they will work for me??
I PM'd you and was trying to upload the file, but it's too large for 4-Shared.  I then tried to zip just the file ending in .dbc and upload that ~ also too large.  I'm not sure if it would have worked anyway.  Tomorrow, I'll try another source when I get a chance.  I'm on the Board of my Homeowner's Association, am the webmaster, created the website and have an FTP server with that, so I'll try that and if I can make that work, I'll send you a link to the file.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2009 December 27, 11:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game's Resource.cfg file, which I found in the World Adventures Game/Bin, looks like this:

Priority -29
PackedFile UI/UI.package
PackedFile Automation/AutomationData.package
PackedFile Jazz/JazzData.package
FileType 0xf0ff5598 triggers
FileType 0x0333406c xml
FileType 0x1a3201cd mod
FileType 0x025c95b6 layout
FileType 0x025c90a6 css
FileType 0x062e9ee0 ttf
FileType 0x062e9ee0 otf
FileType 0x062e9ee0 ttc
FileType 0x03b33ddf mod
FileType 0x0604abda dreamtree

I've tried putting an edited Resource.cfg file (following the suggestions in this thread), in both The Sims 3 and World Adventures folders.  However, my custom content and even legitimately purchased store content is still not showing up.  Is this the Resource.cfg file that should be edited, and if so, how should it be made to look? (I've discovered that removing this file and replacing it with an edited Resource.cfg file results in having the game even refuse to start.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2009 December 27, 11:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Leave that file alone and don't touch anything. You're clearly not ready to deal with this. Just reinstall and don't patch past 1.7.9.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2009 December 27, 13:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind, it's fixed. In case anyone else encounters a similar problem, I fixed it by the really elementary step of moving my Mods folder to the World Adventures folder, and now all custom content, including the purchased store files, is showing up in the game.  I didn't realize that folder also had to be moved.  Duh!  Luckily no reinstall was needed.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2009 December 27, 19:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I PM'd you and was trying to upload the file, but it's too large for 4-Shared.  I then tried to zip just the file ending in .dbc and upload that ~ also too large.  I'm not sure if it would have worked anyway.  Tomorrow, I'll try another source when I get a chance.  I'm on the Board of my Homeowner's Association, am the webmaster, created the website and have an FTP server with that, so I'll try that and if I can make that work, I'll send you a link to the file.

If you have the link i would love your cache files too. My TS3 base game is all they way back at my college and im here for a month. So it is not just laziness haha. I would reinstall if i could.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2009 December 27, 21:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought I'd also add that my Launcher seems to be working fine. I've blocked it with my firewall, you have to do it for both the base game and WA, but I've been able to install a world and some lots from MTS.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2009 December 28, 13:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine doesn't, I can't install many third party downloads.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2009 December 30, 12:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I would add my name to the list of people having trouble installing any sims3pack files.
I bought myself a bigger hard drive, I installed Windows 7, and I'm now in the process of installing all of my games etc.
I installed Sims 3 (the Razor version), updated to 1.7x, installed WA, patched WA and then patched Sims 3 to the latest version. In retrospect, If I'd checked this site first, I would've avoided the latest patch.

I grabbed the Downloads folder from my old hard drive (Sims 3 is still installed over there) and put it in my new Downloads folder. I tried to installed them, and although they all said they installed successfully, I noticed barely any of them showed up in the Installed Content section of the launcher (all that showed up is some LianaSims custom clothing, and some of the extras from Riverview [the overalls and water tower]) The LianaSims clothing shows up in game, but not nothing else.

I have tried adjusting my Resource.cfg file, I moved my dcdb0.dbc file, and tried unpacking the Sims3Pack files with Delphy's tool, and placing the new .package files into my mods/packages folder. Nothing has worked so far. Some of my mods work (nointro, body sliders) and some don't show up (Realism Contacts for example).

As far as I know, I haven't missed any steps out, but please tell me if I have.

Edit - Just FYI, I haven't downloaded anything from EA since I reinstalled in Win7, and I have the nav.bin file.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 30, 16:01:40 by Death-Jester » Logged
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2009 December 30, 14:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should add that I have retail versions of both games, some store content grabbed from here and I've never downloaded anything from EA directly, not Riverview, CAW or even my "free" sims points.
Snaitf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2009 December 30, 17:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those that need the store items in .dbc format:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5246255/The_Sims_3_Store_content_in_DCCache_format

Enjoy!
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2009 December 31, 16:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought I'd also add that my Launcher seems to be working fine. I've blocked it with my firewall, you have to do it for both the base game and WA, but I've been able to install a world and some lots from MTS.

If you don't mind me asking, what firewall are you using? I'd love to be able to get my launcher working again.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2009 December 31, 22:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My firewall is Norton 360, lame and a resource hog I know. I did have trouble installing my own world via the launcher though. I had to use Delphy's tool finally.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: 2010 January 01, 02:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much performance is lost through having too many .package objects installed. Performance wise, it seems sims3packs are far better than using the framework and .package to install object mods, yet there isnt a reliable way to make sims3packs from package files, nor is there a nice clean (working) way to install sims3packs. What we really need, for the sake of game performance, is a way to add package and sims3pack to a custom dbc without having to load the game to do it like the current horrible launchers.
That's easy. A DBC is just a package file where all the contents have been catted together.

Amazing! I never thought to look.

I've been experimenting with importing .packages to single dbc files using s3pe, and having to go through each conflict manually due to it's limited importing features. Though I have discovered a few mods with errors along the way, which has helped me further filter troublesome mods (there are quite a few mods out there that are broken in some shape or form)

Overall, upon initial tests, by decreasing 691 custom content .package files into 8 .dbc files, I've doubled my frame rate and halved my loading time between for game startup and entering CAS/Build/Buy. The real test is whether my merges are correct, but so far so good.

I imagine it would also be possible to add new store content this way, by first unpacking the .sims3pack and then repacking it into a custom DBC, but what I'm interested in is what process the game handles when the .exe is invoked by the launcher to install sims3packs that isnt being done by the manual conversion.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 01, 03:46:40 by Anach » Logged

hobbitgrl
Asinine Airhead

Life's to short not to Laugh!!

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2010 January 01, 21:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a comment and a question,  Snaitf's files work great on a Mac.  My question is can I install other free .sim3packs?  or do I have to install those first then add Snaitf's files?

Thank you
Whako
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2010 January 06, 01:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got almost everthing working. Sims 3 is loading (no WA until now), Riverside and CC are showing up. Old games from Riverside not showing on "select game" screen and this made me somekind of gnäh.

I created a new game on Riverside, moved a Sim to a lot and saved the game. The folder has been created at "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Benutzer\Eigene Dateien\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 3\Saves", which leads me to a big sorry for my German roots and just means "c:\blah\My folderElectronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves".

Restarting the game, does not show the saved game and it is in this case as well not playable.

Doing the same with Sunset Valley works as it should, the lot shows up on start.

Could anybody second this behavior or does anybody, here at the board, even know a solution / link to a solution?

Please be patient with me, I am a retardo lander and a ESL writer. Thanks anyway for your kind and appreciated feedback.

22:28   Tigerlilley   
Ok, cuz where I come from your name reads like Fucko
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2010 January 06, 21:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cpt Bit, you need to follow instructions in this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17610.0.html
That should make your Riverview work.  I didn't need to do step 3.
Whako
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2010 January 06, 23:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the useful hint without poking me with sticks!

22:28   Tigerlilley   
Ok, cuz where I come from your name reads like Fucko
captaincaliena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2010 January 08, 01:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried coconnor's fix, but unfortunately for me, it's not working.  I have read all 17 pages of this topic, so try not to poke me with sticks, mmk?  I've been avoiding replying to this topic, but it looks like I have no choice.

Here's a break down of what I did, step by step.  If I did something wrong, let the stick poking begin.

-Working on a Mac (not like that matters)
-Retail copies of TS3 and WA
-Pirated store content (Suck it EA, I already gave you my money for your game)
-All content and files are backed up

1. Fresh install of TS3 and WA
2. With no CC and no mods at all, I patched to 2.3
3. Fired up game with no CC and no mods.  Missing that annoying new little sparkling shopping bag icon.  No biggie, I don't want it anyway.
4. Quit game and installed all sim3packs (including arred store content) via The Launcher
5. Downloaded Framework and installed into TS3 base game folder (not WA folder)
6. Copied and pasted d3dx9_31.dll file to WA game/bin folder from TS3 base game game/bin folder
7. Edited Resource.cfg file in TS3 base game folder AND mods/files folder as follows:
   Priority 500
   DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
   PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
   PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
   PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
   PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
   PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
   PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
   PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
8. Created a "dbc files" folder in TS3 base game mods/packages folder
9. Pasted the following files from DCCache folder into "dbc files" folder (these are all I had in the DCCache folder)
    dcdb0.dbc
    dcdb0.ebc
    missingdeps.idx
10. Fired up game and all third party sim3pack files worked, as did content legally purchased (with sim points) from the store.  Arred store content   did not work.  AwesomeMod also worked.
11. Quit game and transferred "mods" folder from TS3 base game folder to WA game folder
12. Fired up game, but got the same results as stated in step 10.
13. Banged head against desk and began this post

If I missed something obvious, please beat me with sticks, rocks, and other blunt objects.

Should I have installed the pirated store content BEFORE patching?  I read that somewhere here, but I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary.
If all else fails, I suppose I can go through the pirated content, figure out what I really need out of it, and convert it to .package using Delphy's tool (I'm running Boot Camp with Windows Vista installed on a partition so I have access to a Windows system).
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2010 January 08, 01:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First obvious thing I see that's wrong is that you need the d3dx9_31.dll file in both directories, i.e. TS3 Game>Bin folder and in the WA Game>Bin folder.  Try that and see if it works.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: