More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:00:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 237312 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #250 on: 2009 December 18, 18:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a client side copy of your store account. If you never sign in to the store, it doesn't know about you.
Spyware or not? It's TS3's new DRM, make of it what you will.
Pescado, there are two newly created files in the download folder with this patch.  Both are .bin files.  The first is named (your email address as known by EA).bin and the second is called NAV.bin.  Any ideas?  Seems like a form of spyware.
I have neither of these files. But then again, the in-game store is completely absent from my game, so I'm guessing those are store-related files (i.e.-store login/purchasing history info and the in-game store's coding/programming/language-that-makes-it-work-thing).
So, this would be how it is telling whether or not you have actually personally purchased items from the EA Store, yes?  I tried to open the files with Daemon Tools since they are called bin files, but Daemon Tools reports that the file contains no data.  My custom content is showing up in the game, yet I have "shared" content and that is also showing up.
Pescado, there are two newly created files in the download folder with this patch.  Both are .bin files.  The first is named (your email address as known by EA).bin and the second is called NAV.bin.  Any ideas?  Seems like a form of spyware.
I don't have these, so I'm guessing that they happened because you pressed the Tard Button.
If by that you mean the in-game store button, No ~ I didn't.  I figured it was because I had registered my games with EA. 

ETA:  Now that I think of it though, I did have a pop-up for that new coffee pot thing pop up in game - but I didn't (I don't think anyway) press any buttons to make it happen.  I'm going to try cutting those files to the desktop and running the game later to see what happens.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 19:16:52 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
dan_sims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009 December 18, 18:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see presently we don't have any real solution for the store stuff problem, except for the old stuff you have before the patch.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 21:42:47 by dan_sims » Logged
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 December 18, 18:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have these, so I'm guessing that they happened because you pressed the Tard Button.

I have never purchased anything at EA Store for TS3, so I don't have the (e-mail address).bin but I do pick up the free stuff and maybe that's why I have the NAV.bin.

It was expected that EA would find a way to protect their interests, so I am not surprised by this move. Further proof the Tard Button needs to be avoided at all cost.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 December 18, 19:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to turn all the store packs into  normal package files?
A Gorilla To Be Remembered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 December 18, 19:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, this would be how it is telling whether or not you have actually personally purchased items from the EA Store, yes?

Yes, I suppose. My thinking is it keeps a record of what you've bought so you know what you already own or need to get/can redownload from in-game if needed/can use sims points from your store account while in-game. Stuff like that. And yeah, I'm guessing those are also linked to the inability to install shared store items as well. I'm not sure how the in-game store works exactly, but I'm assuming you can download store items directly into the game during gameplay? I tried to test exactly how absent the in-game store is from my game by opening the launcher from inside the game and attempting an install. Didn't work, got the usual shut-the-game-down-first message. I don't know exactly what that means or if it's helpful to know, but there you are.

Quote from: brownlustgirl
I have never purchased anything at EA Store for TS3, so I don't have the (e-mail address).bin but I do pick up the free stuff and maybe that's why I have the NAV.bin.

I have purchased from the EA store, and I don't have those files. As an aside, what pisses me off most is not being able to use promo items I didn't qualify for, such as the first-time buyer promo or the WA-preorder promo. I'm fine with buying from the store, because it least it's all readily available. I hate not being able to use the stuff I was shut out from in the first place. Sorry, I know this rant is pointless and doesn't help the situation, but I just needed to vent. I'll get off my soapbox now.

By the way, you all are doing great looking into this issue. Technodummies like me would be lost without the superior know-how of the greater community. So thanks for all the past, present, and future work you've done for everyone.  Smiley
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009 December 18, 19:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to turn all the store packs into  normal package files?
There is a program Delphy created at MTS2, but IIRC it was for creators to modify their stuff.  And, since package files were slowing down the game, not recommended.  I guess we're dealing with a "different animal" with this patch.

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009 December 18, 19:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question is whether or no we will be able to kill this animal.
CtDs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2009 December 18, 19:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually you can use the multi installer by Delphy without issues.
I have now extracted all Sims3packs I can no longer install (I do not own), and they appear in-game.
The only issue with doing it this way is that they lose the store icon.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 December 18, 19:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mac users can not do this tho Sad
A Gorilla To Be Remembered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 December 18, 19:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mac users can not do this tho Sad

How about with JFade's 3Viewer? I don't have time to test extracting with the 3Viewer until tomorrow, but if some intrepid mac user wants to test it out and report back before then, that would be very helpful.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2009 December 18, 19:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there is enough interest I will turn all the store packs into packages and share them.

Mac users can not do this tho though.  Sad
Welcome to Grammar Day 2009.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 20:27:09 by Skadi » Logged

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 December 18, 20:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there is enough interest I will turn all the store packs into packages share them.

Mac users can not do this tho though.  Sad
Welcome to Grammar Day 2009.
I'm sure that would be most appreciated, Skadi, especially if it's found that we cannot "share" our store content via the conventional methods anymore.

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 December 18, 20:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha thanks Skadi,

Sign me up for this list.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 December 18, 20:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there is enough interest I will turn all the store packs into packages share them.
I'm interested. I had done some creative deleting a while ago when I wasn't playing TS3 and am completely without any sort of non-Sims3pack backup of store items. I'm way behind on the Store, too.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 December 18, 20:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm interested too, Skadi.
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 December 18, 20:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, there are two newly created files in the download folder with this patch.  Both are .bin files.  The first is named (your email address as known by EA).bin and the second is called NAV.bin.  Any ideas?  Seems like a form of spyware.

I have both of these files as well.  I did sign in, download and install the free hot beverage maker to test out shopping the store via game.  However, I just snapped to the fact that I seem to have a folder in the documents section that I don't recall being present prior to the update.  It is called SigsCache and contains two .bin files, each 1KB in size.  One is igs.bin and the other is platform.bin.  Was that folder present prior to the update and I just don't recall, or, is it newly created by the update?
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 December 18, 20:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was trying to get my store objects to appear after patching, I used the multi installer on all my cc.  It took over 15 minutes to load a saved game.  I then went back and discovered I forgot to put the dbc file in the mods package.  Luckily I made a backup copy of all my downloads, so I put them back into the downloads file.   I did have two newly created files in downloads after I patched, but when I put my back ups back in, I only had the .nav file.  All the store and other cc is still showing up in my game.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 December 18, 21:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, there are two newly created files in the download folder with this patch.  Both are .bin files.  The first is named (your email address as known by EA).bin and the second is called NAV.bin.  Any ideas?  Seems like a form of spyware.

I have both of these files as well.  I did sign in, download and install the free hot beverage maker to test out shopping the store via game.  However, I just snapped to the fact that I seem to have a folder in the documents section that I don't recall being present prior to the update.  It is called SigsCache and contains two .bin files, each 1KB in size.  One is igs.bin and the other is platform.bin.  Was that folder present prior to the update and I just don't recall, or, is it newly created by the update?
No, that folder is also new and I have that as well.  When I downloaded the free coffee pot, I didn't sign in or anything.  But then again, when I use the launcher to install custom content in Sims 3 packs formats I am usually already signed in.

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 December 18, 21:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game takes a lot longer to load now. right after i modified my .cfg files

After I updating my .cfg file to allow store content to show up in game, I have noticed a significant increase in the time it takes for my game to load.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 21:57:51 by simfan » Logged
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 December 18, 21:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After modifying my .cfg files, my game takes a lot longer to load.

Happy Grammar Day!

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009 December 18, 21:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woot Grammer day!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2009 December 18, 21:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot, Grammar Day!

I've made a new post in the store items thread for the package file uploads.

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009 December 18, 21:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi,

You are a savior! Thank you.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009 December 18, 23:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So let me see if I understand this.  Even if you turn off the internet before you open the launcher, it still does a check somehow and you can't install arr'd store objects?  What about the objects you've already installed, if you go straight from the .exe, again without internet?  I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is this a phone home issue or something that they somehow plant on my harddrive?  I want to know what I'm getting into before I patch.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009 December 19, 00:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they just broken the Launcher.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: