More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 16:03:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 236688 times)
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #175 on: 2009 December 17, 13:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just patched my base game and WA. Unfortunately, my game crashed to desktop in main loading screen. I moved AM from directory and the game is able to go through loading a family and it crashed again. I try to move all mods and run the game without CC but no luck. Is there any fix for this?

Main loading screen as in the first one, or the one where you choose a saved game/new game?

Mine keeps crashing at the load/new game bit and I haven't found a way to fix this yet... re-installing hasn't helped, and there's no CC, mods or anything in my files!
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 December 17, 13:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just patched my base game and WA. Unfortunately, my game crashed to desktop in main loading screen. I moved AM from directory and the game is able to go through loading a family and it crashed again. I try to move all mods and run the game without CC but no luck. Is there any fix for this?

Main loading screen as in the first one, or the one where you choose a saved game/new game?

Mine keeps crashing at the load/new game bit and I haven't found a way to fix this yet... re-installing hasn't helped, and there's no CC, mods or anything in my files!

Before I moved AM, it crashed at the first one. After I moved AM, it crashed at loading a saved game

Edit: Also when I run the launcher, it says cant connect to EADM although I connected to the Internet
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 13:32:28 by pussy » Logged

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: 2009 December 17, 13:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just throwing my two cents in to say that CC Sims3Packs are installing just fine for me. They weren't working at first, but after I removed awesomemod it worked. I updated to latest awesomemod, it stopped working. Removed awesomemod and it works again...

I'm not saying it's awesomemod or that there's not other issues (I know some people who are having problems who don't use any hacks but they're not consistent problems and it's been extremely difficult to duplicate them) but for me everything with the .dbc files and CC works fine.
* jfade shrugs

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 December 17, 13:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I moved AM, it crashed at the first one. After I moved AM, it crashed at loading a saved game

Edit: Also when I run the launcher, it says cant connect to EADM although I connected to the Internet

yup, same here with the launcher...

thank god its not just me... what windows  are you using by the way??
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 December 17, 13:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cha ching, its windows 7 ultimate x64

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 December 17, 13:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto. except it's professional, not ultimate. I stole it from work. Wishing I hadn't now.

Someone else messaged me, another windows 7 user, same problem  Angry

Going to revert back to Vista (for my sins) tonight and see if that makes any difference, will let you know.
zbkc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 December 17, 13:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i tried to install some clothes from thesimsresource *sims3pack* and it's not installing!
Fouadcher
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 December 17, 14:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so tired of uninstalling the game and reinstalling after all the Stupid patches . Why EA They Don't test software before releasing these patches .  Undecided
I have no store items showing up in the launcher even my CC & Riverview too slow after the new stupid update 1.8/2.3.
I'm so frustrated and sick of this.
I don't know what to Do !!
The only one thing good in the new Update is music work great oh thanks GOD !!  Cheesy
PLZ GUYS .. If there any program or anything to do just tell me ...  Cry
(Sorry for my English)  Sad
grevious_angel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 December 17, 14:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happening to me on Vista x64 too.
SeriallyUnawesome
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 Released - CAW Out
« Reply #184 on: 2009 December 17, 14:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file extension is just dbc, not dbcs.

Don't copy the DCBackup at all, delete that.
From the DCCache folder just move the dcdb0.dbc file only into the Mods\ Packages folder (or in your case, Mods\ dbcss).
I want to amend what I wrote here; it is best to copy the dcdb0.dbc into the Mods\ Packages folder, not move it. I've been finding that, although Riverview and custom Sims3Packs are showing up okay, any worlds I created with the CAW tool disappear when moving the dcdb0.dbc file. I tried it any way I could (even moving all of the DCCache files) but having two copies seems the only way to have new worlds as well as custom Sims3Packs.

I had to actually uninstall and then reinstall my created worlds through launcher to get them to work. Be advised that your dependant saves will be deleted, so move your saves folder first.

I wanted to avoid having two copies of the dcdb0.dbc in game- as the game is surely reading the same information twice. Remember to re-copy the dcdb0.dbc file into Mods when you install future custom Sims3Packs.

Anything you install via the in-game store tool will be installed to the DCCache in Documents, so that's the one to backup.

If anyone has a better method, I'd be interested to know.

When I moved my dcdb0.dbc file into Mods, I wasn't sure which one to put it in...the base game Mods folder or WA? I started with just WA and some of my CC reappeared in-game. I went back and moved all the .dbc files (there was a dcdb1 and dcdb2 as well) and put all the little suckers in both Mods files, base game and WA. And, happily, the vast majority of my CC is back. Everything that originally came from the store - legitimately or otherwise - has been restored. Woohoo! There are a handful of patterns missing and some hairs, as well, but I can live without those for the time being.

I'm not sure if it was placing the files in both Mods folders that did the trick, or if it was adding the additional dbc files, or some combo of both...whatever it was, I'm just very relieved to have my CC back.

Now I'm thinking I should copy the .dbc files back into their original locations, as Simsample suggested, to avoid any problems if I decide to tackle this CAW thingamajigger.

Thanks, everyone, for all the input and assistance!

Edited to fix general typographical retardedness.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 14:17:32 by SeriallyUnawesome » Logged
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 December 17, 14:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it everyone else is getting this to work no problems and I can't? I'm doing the same things dammit!

Well I'll try AGAIN and see what happens. I don't hold out much hope though.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 December 17, 14:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeffnus John Ragos wrote:
i've been playing ts3 since it was released and it NEVER crashed, then when this latest updated was released, i installed it, my game crashes every time i try to load my family! it just crashes without any error messages and just goes to the desktop... i tried everything! i even tried reinstalling the game,removing my ccs.. still nothing worked! please! i am SO STRESSED with this game, pls do something about it!!!!!!!!!!

Someone on TS3 facebook group wrote that... Looks like this crashing when loading families is a common problem..

Pes, do you have any thoughts on this, is it fixable?
omgnowai
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 December 17, 14:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I noticed when installing my sims3pack custom content, none of my Sims 3 Store content works, because all of the downloads from here are compressorized, same with TSR content, almost all of it is installed except a couple patterns, lots, and an outfit or two, just because they were compressorized.

It says that the installation was a success, but it doesn't actually get installed, very weird.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 December 17, 14:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeffnus John Ragos wrote:
i've been playing ts3 since it was released and it NEVER crashed, then when this latest updated was released, i installed it, my game crashes every time i try to load my family! it just crashes without any error messages and just goes to the desktop... i tried everything! i even tried reinstalling the game,removing my ccs.. still nothing worked! please! i am SO STRESSED with this game, pls do something about it!!!!!!!!!!

Someone on TS3 facebook group wrote that... Looks like this crashing when loading families is a common problem..

Pes, do you have any thoughts on this, is it fixable?

I hope this shitty crash gets away soon! Btw, I attached the dump file if it going to help.

* xcpt FREASE-PC 09-12-17 22.38.59.txt (17.1 KB - downloaded 546 times.)

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 December 17, 14:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not a hacker or modder but I got my CC to work.  What I did was I copied my resource.cfg files to my desktop.  I had 2, I have always had 2 and I have no idea why or how, but my CC has been working so why change what ain't broke?

BACK UP!! your DCCache, your Mods folder, saves, and resource.cfg files.
Copy your resource.cfg file/s to your desk top.
To edit your resource.cfg you have to change .cfg to .txt and say okay when the computer yells at you.
Just copy and paste this into your resource.txt

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.dbc

Click save and then rename the file back to resource.cfg.  Place it back in your Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ World Adventure folder.  

I have another resource.cfg file in my Mods folder/Files. I made it look like this:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc

I have no idea if I need it, so skip this if you do not have one there.

Then I copied my files in my DCCache folder into the Misc folder under Mods.  I have no idea if I need to delete the DCCache, I didn't and things were working well.

I will update this if people tell me it is wrong, but my game is working, my CC is showing up, I do not lag horribly and my load times are about the same as before.
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 December 17, 14:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I noticed when installing my sims3pack custom content, none of my Sims 3 Store content works, because all of the downloads from here are compressorized, same with TSR content, almost all of it is installed except a couple patterns, lots, and an outfit or two, just because they were compressorized.

It says that the installation was a success, but it doesn't actually get installed, very weird.

Same here, which is what I attribute to my lack of success with the DCCache solution (i.e my files are not being installed and therefore are not stored in the cache hence not being loaded). The natural solution (at least for me) is to back up my family, wipe, reinstall and reinstall the CC. However if this was the route I was to take, I would just leave off the latest patch all together. If you have 1.7.9 and know that 1.8 causes issues, why invite disaster?

I'd like to thank you all for your patience though. I know guiding a rookie through something mind-numbingly simple can be extremely frustrating. Thanks for having mercy Smiley  Depending on how it goes, I *may* try and install 1.8 and use the DCCache method and pray i've done it right.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 December 17, 14:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this shitty crash gets away soon! Btw, I attached the dump file if it going to help.

OK, without sounding like an absolute novice, how do I grab this file? May be of some use to someone!
Lena
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 December 17, 15:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use cracks. Use Awesomemod instead.

This worked.  Fixed my crash to desktop when loading a saved game/new game.

I.Am.She, did you try that?  You have to run the game through the .exe, and not the patcher this way.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 December 17, 15:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I.Am.She, did you try that?  You have to run the game through the .exe, and not the patcher this way.

Nope, good shout... Will try this tonight when I get home! Ta Lena Smiley
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 December 17, 15:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be worth mentioning that for those of us who aren't interested in Shop Mode at all, it can be disabled in the options screen.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
veronica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 December 17, 16:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched the game and copied the contents of DCCache folder into Mods>Packages, modifying the Resource.Cfg to accept .dbc files and it looks like everything is showing up and the game is running.  Thanks for figuring this out so quickly Pescado!

What all did you have to change?

First I went to the directory where the Sims is installed and changed my resource.cfg to be like this:

Priority 501
PackedFile Mods/Override/*.package
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Hair/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Skins/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Decor/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Accessories/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Clothing/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Build/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Patterns/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCC/*.dbc

Then under the Mods folder I created a folder called DCC.

Into that folder I copied all the .dbc files from the DCCache folder.

Everything loads and all content is there.

EDIT:  Must have hit enter at the same time as you, sorry for the duplicate entry.

Well, i'm a dummie I am still having problems and i'd appreciate any help please.

I only have 2 files in the dccache folder! I made a fresh install, nothing works for me. I use reloaded base game with razor patch and latest 8.1 patch, i dont have the new ep. Where are my custom content?? And while editing the resourse cfg file, do we delete all the text and just put what u wrote or i add it somewhere between the existing text??

And i urgently need the v1.8 no cd crack please if someone has. I dont't want to use awesome mode at the moment.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 December 17, 16:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is officially broken. I did a clean install, and used that DCC fix that was mentioned. Wen't to my game, and about all of my store content was there, except Riverview didn't show up. (Also, did I yet mention the blurry roads problem I've been having since the patch? argh!)  So anyways, I went and downloaded Riverview through the launcher, said it was already installed. Started my game, Riverview is up there, with weird numbers on the description. Tried to open it up and it crashes to the desktop.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
deathlypale
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 December 17, 17:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A quick question, I followed the directions of moving the store content to mods and it worked but I lost Riverdale, would it screw up the game to reinstall it through the launcher again?
mcemily
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 December 17, 17:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, good shout... Will try this tonight when I get home! Ta Lena Smiley

My game was also crashing to desktop when I tried to create or load a game. (I have a retail copy of the base game, but an Arr'd copy of WA.) Replacing my cracked WA .exe with the original (and using Awesomemod to bypass the CD) also fixed my crash-to-desktop issue.

Editing the Resource.cfg file and moving the contents of the DCCache into the mods folder worked for all my downloaded content (purchased or otherwise), with the exception of Riverview. I tried copying the contents, so it was in both locations as Simsample suggested, but it made no difference. I then installed Riverview via the Launcher, and though it said it installed properly, it is not in the drop-down menu for town templates.

I have not tried downloading Riverview from the exchange, and probably won't bother. If I can get the CAW to work, I don't need their templates anyway, I guess.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 December 17, 17:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn. My girlish hopes are dashed they aren't even acknowledging the problem. (Okay not really, this is EA.)

For those of you who are having crashes, I also have Win 7 - Win 7 isn't the problem. The only thing that crashed for me was the launcher and that was when the main site was down. (Which means it wants to phone home - kill it with fire) I was trying to reinstall some of my bought store things to see if they would show up, but it took forever to get the launcher to cut it out.

And if you have tried the copying the DCC folder and altering your resource.cfg, as brownlustgirl pointed out earlier, this will remove the store logo from the CC. So you may have to look hard to see all of it, and some may not show up immediately. I went and bought some of the asian fusion set with my free points, as a point of curiosity. It downloaded and installed but it didn't show up til I used this fix. So sadly some people will have to use it to even have their legitimately bought objects show up in game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: