More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 00:21:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 237239 times)
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #150 on: 2009 December 17, 06:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went back to your original post and just noticed that it mentions 2 resource.cfg files - 1 within the Mods>Packages folder and 1 in the base game installation directory.  There should only be 1 in the base game installation directory.  Try that. 

I think I know which resource file in the Mods folder he is referring to.  I also have a resource.cfg file in the Files folder under Mods.  It only says:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package

I didn't put that in there.  It must have been there since I installed the framework, gotten from this site.  However, my game seems to respond to the resource.cfg file that is in the base game directory.  I now have that one set up as you did, per your post.  I haven't checked every last bit of cc to be sure it is present but I would have to say that with a cursory look through I haven't spotted anything missing that I specifically looked for.

BTW, what is .ebc?  All I copied from DCCache was .dbc since that is what the resource.cfg was being set up to read but I would like to know what .ebc is, if you know.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 December 17, 06:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest this is why I dreaded this patch. I mentioned in another post that I also play Dragon Age Origins - also with EA's stamp on it - and it has DLC you can get in-game, but it phones home to verify that you are authorized to use it. Now it seems the Store in-game Sims 3 is also supposed to do that, but for whatever reason, its not working at all as intended. Now even things we have bought aren't working either. I also am having problems with using the launcher, because the main site is having problems, my launcher randomly crashes over and over, and my content is showing up only if I use the fix coconnor posted, and even then, not all of it is showing up. I *think* the in game phoning home can be disabled, I have faith that Pescado will be able to fix it, but I am also thinking EA will have to issue a Patch to fix the patch.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 December 17, 06:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mods>Files folder shouldn't be there and likewise the resource.cfg.  I believe Pescado has changed the download of the framework now, although I'm not certain.

As for your other question, I have no idea what .ebc means.  EA apparently set up some different file save formats for the DCCache folder.  I just copied the entire contents of what I had in that folder to the one I created in Mods>Packages.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Bahr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 December 17, 06:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall who said it, and the thread was deleted on MTS, but someone there had mentioned that the only sim3pack's they had disappear were the ones that been compressed. If that can be verified, may lead to a faster solution.
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 December 17, 06:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, still no luck. All those lovely animal themed items I had in my kids room are replaced with generics. Bummer.

I have a theory though, perhaps since I removed the CC and then added it again, the dbc files do not contain the Store files (the vast majority of the CC I have). So its working, but because the files aren't there it can't add them.

Well I have a choice, I either try and back up my family and reinstall the entire game, avoiding this curse of a patch, or I play with no CC until Mr Pescado works his magic Smiley

dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 December 17, 07:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mods>Files folder shouldn't be there and likewise the resource.cfg.  I believe Pescado has changed the download of the framework now, although I'm not certain.

As for your other question, I have no idea what .ebc means.  EA apparently set up some different file save formats for the DCCache folder.  I just copied the entire contents of what I had in that folder to the one I created in Mods>Packages.

I'll download whatever framework is now posted and check it but I take it you are saying that the files folder should just be deleted, correct?

Since you copied the entire contents of your DCCache folder, did you have a .ebc file in there that you went ahead and included?  In addition to the .ebc in my DCCache folder there is also a .idx file.  Did you have that in your DCCache and copy it as well?

BTW, I would also like to thank you for posting your resource.cfg file.  It's a big help to those of us who had originally copied a resource.cfg to begin with, lol.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 December 17, 07:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone can make clear (step by step) of this temporary fix for "CC disappears after updating game" problem?

Also, most of you mentioned DCCache, DCbackup DCthisandthat folder, may I ask where is the folder? Right now I'm at my workplace so I'm hoping I don't need to do some searching when I got home.

Oh, we hail you Pescado!

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 December 17, 07:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall who said it, and the thread was deleted on MTS, but someone there had mentioned that the only sim3pack's they had disappear were the ones that been compressed. If that can be verified, may lead to a faster solution.

I would find that believable if it weren't my paid for items missing. Bought, downloaded and installed via the launcher. Yet even they need the workaround to work.

Pussy, look in your documents under Electronic Arts.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 December 17, 07:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've followed Coconnor's step in making TS3 store stuff and other CC to show up and it did.  Just to test things, I downloaded a sims3pack file and it installed fine, but, it's not showing up in the game.  I downloaded a pattern from the exchange and a kid's nursery from Parsimonious.  I'm lost here.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 08:48:15 by jaldeer » Logged
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 December 17, 07:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attempting a clean reinstall. When trying to patch to 1.8, I get this:

This is after installing the base, and then running each patch up to 1.7.

Any clue? All my region codes match, no mods, no altered files, RZR version.

edit: nevermind. EADM indeed works on arr'd game. 1.8 patch from Pescado's link is no good for me.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 08:20:39 by smokeverbs » Logged
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 December 17, 07:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to check, does the number of files in your DCCache depend on what you downloaded, or merely the filesize? (i.e the more CC you had, the more files, OR the more CC you had, the the bigger those same files would be)

I'm kind of puzzled why some people had luck getting it to work and I am not. I'll do what I can. As I said, I think its because I tried to install and reinstall my CC, hehe naively believing that the lack of CC was due to it needing to be reinstalled after a patch.

veronica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 December 17, 07:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the no cd crack for that patch?? Oh why did i install it GOd!!
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 December 17, 08:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use cracks. Use Awesomemod instead.
veronica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 December 17, 08:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL i gave a long break playing sims, i guess that made me totally sims-idiot Cheesy I just re-installed my game after all this time, First i forgot to put Resource.cfg file in my game directory, than i was lost in the patches, now im asking for a crack LMAO !! YEsssss there's the awesomemod!! Cheesy Cheesy
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 December 17, 08:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this new or did I somehow just never experience it before? I had my sim romance a town sin and after they got engages SHE asked my sim to move in with her. I have never had another sim ask mine to move in with them.
dimples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 December 17, 08:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue Smokeverbs I do believe I have the same problem as you do as my computer refuses to completely uninstall my arr'd version of WA.  I cannot reinstall WA nor delete all of it.  It only uninstalled to a certain part and then it stopped and I do believe EA set this up to impede pirating of it's software and store articles.  If there is an answer to this please help us!  Lord, I can't believe I did this to myself.
Jasumi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 December 17, 09:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attempting a clean reinstall. When trying to patch to 1.8, I get this:

This is after installing the base, and then running each patch up to 1.7.

Any clue? All my region codes match, no mods, no altered files, RZR version.

edit: nevermind. EADM indeed works on arr'd game. 1.8 patch from Pescado's link is no good for me.

I have this same error myself. May I ask where you found a working download?
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 December 17, 10:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least everyone's is just a custom content issue... I can't even load Sunset Valley, on a clean install, complete with no mods or CC... It just crashes at the loading screen (the one where you actually create a new game).

Anyone got any ideas to throw my way?

It won't be to do with Windows 7 would it? Because I have no bloody idea...
dimples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 December 17, 10:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have finally figured out my problem and gotten rid of the remnants of my arr'd WA in order to update my legal S3 base game.  Now, I do not even want to put another copy of the arr'd WA on my computer.  The only custom content that shows up is the stuff I purchased from the store after I went back and redownloaded from the site and some patterns that were not TSR.  None of my TSR stuff or for that matter any other site's stuff has shown up that were in Sims 3 format.  I had removed my CC in .package format and will now try to work that back into my base game per above instructions.  This is chicken s_ _t.  I am so done with EA. I will not get involved with anymore Sims series after S3. Angry
SquireJames
Asinine Airhead

God Save the Queen

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 December 17, 10:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small related question: Doesn't this CC issue effect the files propagated on the Exchange? Or are they distributed as different files?

If so, I would imagine EAxis, despite no doubt rubbing their grubby little hands in glee that they've stopped people from getting their nice but massively overpriced Store content for free for all of 24 hours, will have to release a patch if it does bork the Exchange.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 Released - CAW Out
« Reply #170 on: 2009 December 17, 10:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file extension is just dbc, not dbcs.

Don't copy the DCBackup at all, delete that.
From the DCCache folder just move the dcdb0.dbc file only into the Mods\ Packages folder (or in your case, Mods\ dbcss).
I want to amend what I wrote here; it is best to copy the dcdb0.dbc into the Mods\ Packages folder, not move it. I've been finding that, although Riverview and custom Sims3Packs are showing up okay, any worlds I created with the CAW tool disappear when moving the dcdb0.dbc file. I tried it any way I could (even moving all of the DCCache files) but having two copies seems the only way to have new worlds as well as custom Sims3Packs.

I had to actually uninstall and then reinstall my created worlds through launcher to get them to work. Be advised that your dependant saves will be deleted, so move your saves folder first.

I wanted to avoid having two copies of the dcdb0.dbc in game- as the game is surely reading the same information twice. Remember to re-copy the dcdb0.dbc file into Mods when you install future custom Sims3Packs.

Anything you install via the in-game store tool will be installed to the DCCache in Documents, so that's the one to backup.

If anyone has a better method, I'd be interested to know.
Clara M Johnson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 December 17, 11:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think anything that was not downloaded from the store, or EA's site through the launcher is blocked with the new patch.

Yes and also sims3packs from custom content creators.

Yep. From what I can tell, launcher or no launcher, if you didn't download it from directly from the store into your game, you will no longer see it in your game.

I just wanted to say, I have allot of stuff I payed for from the store, that was downloaded from the store, that is also gone, as well as Riverview, and I can't re- Download Riverview or those store things ether, even the free stuff that I got myself is gone, and I have no CC or hacks/mods at all, Just the store stuff I got here, which is also gone of course.

I have also got a error with EA download Manager, when I go to launch the game, and when I tried to download Riverview from the the Sims 3 site.

DIE SIMS STORE DIE!
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 December 17, 11:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the same, Simsample. I copied the DCCache folder to my Mods/Packages folder and used the Resource.cfg that Coconner posted a couple of pages back, everything from the Store, and what other custom content made with TSRW by free creators are in my game. The EA Store items don't have the Sims3Pack insignia that usually identified them in the catalog, so I don't know how that would carry with uploading lots or sims with those items in their packs. Oh and I do have Riverview, that was my test hood I opened up.  Really am happy that my content is still there.

I do fear that sharing EA Store items in the future may not work and CC items may not download through the launcher with this update till the TSRW tool get updated. I tried to download a S3P in the launcher, but it didn't install.  The ingame launcher tool worked, was able to download that coffee brewer the Store offered for free. I do hope that someone figure out a way to stop that damn button from glowing, it was annoying.

Fake Edit:  You will need to do the recommended way of keeping the Store and TSRW CC, starting a couple of pages back to get them to show, pookysimslover.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 December 17, 12:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a retail copy of the Base game, and the reloaded version of WA. After the patch it now tells me that my base game and expansion are incompatible and to please patch. However the launcher says that my game is up to date.  Here's the game version it shows in launcher: 2.3.33.003002

WTF?

** I did something stupid. I left the cracked exe in instead of putting in the .bk

Same problem. It patched successfully but is still asking me to patch. I didn't replace with cracked exe. How to fix this?

Applying patch Sims3_1.8.25 fixed the problem. Yah!

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 December 17, 13:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just patched my base game and WA. Unfortunately, my game crashed to desktop in main loading screen. I moved AM from directory and the game is able to go through loading a family and it crashed again. I try to move all mods and run the game without CC but no luck. Is there any fix for this?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: