More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:16:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Riverview has not worked in my game since first patch!? what can i do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Riverview has not worked in my game since first patch!? what can i do?  (Read 12177 times)
ellebelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Riverview has not worked in my game since first patch!? what can i do?
« on: 2009 December 16, 00:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is updated. No WA though, I am not even touching that for awhile. When i first got the game i only played riverview, after i freely downloaded it using EADM. Now since the first patch it installs "successfully" yet its not an option for me to use in the game. I click on the list and it only gives me option to play sunset valley. whyy is this?
I have custom stuff but even w/out custom stuff it wasn't showin up. Ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it (riverview) still doesn't wanna work. anyone spare a sec and tell me whats wrong?!  Huh
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Riverview has not worked in my game since first patch!? what can i do?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 16, 19:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is updated. No WA though, I am not even touching that for awhile. When i I first got the game i I only played r Riverview, after i I freely downloaded it using EADM. Now since the first patch it installs "successfully" yet it's not an option for me to use in the game. I click on the list and it only gives me the option to play s Sunset v Valley. w Whyy is this?
I have custom stuff, but even w/out custom stuff it wasn't showing up. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it (r Riverview), it still doesn't wanna won't work. Can/Could anyone spare a sec and tell me whats wrong?!  Huh

Grammar and punctuation are important. Please not to be abusing the grammar, you'll make Grammarcat angry.

Regarding your problem: Have you tried uninstalling the Riverview you have, re-downloading a new copy of Riverview, and installing the newly downloaded copy through the launcher, installing sims3packs being the only thing the launcher is good for?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 16, 21:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine seems to be doing this also. The effects appear to have retroactively propagated to things that were previously installed, and now they aren't installing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 16, 21:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that some older store content doesn't install and states that the game must be upgraded to a newer version, but running it through the compressorizer (s3rc) then lets me install it. Have you tried that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 16, 21:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you just enjoy asking stupid questions?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 16, 21:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem, though it mysteriously vanished after a couple of updates. Although I can't build basements in any Riverview lot without the whole game crashing. I'd love to see how the game treats custom worlds from CAW   Lips sealed
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 16, 21:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry. Sometimes we don't try all the possibilities, and sometimes voo-doo works later after following the same steps again. So I was just curious if that step had been tried. I now know not to get that 1.8 upgrade.
ellebelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 18, 04:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is updated. No WA though, I am not even touching that for awhile. When i I first got the game i I only played r Riverview, after i I freely downloaded it using EADM. Now since the first patch it installs "successfully" yet it's not an option for me to use in the game. I click on the list and it only gives me the option to play s Sunset v Valley. w Whyy is this?
I have custom stuff, but even w/out custom stuff it wasn't showing up. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it (r Riverview), it still doesn't wanna won't work. Can/Could anyone spare a sec and tell me whats wrong?!  Huh

Grammar and punctuation are important. Please not to be abusing the grammar, you'll make Grammarcat angry.

Regarding your problem: Have you tried uninstalling the Riverview you have, re-downloading a new copy of Riverview, and installing the newly downloaded copy through the launcher, installing sims3packs being the only thing the launcher is good for?

Thanks for the response. That is actually the first thing I tried. It did not work and I could not find a solution through other sites, which is why I came to you guys.

I didn't realize it was such a hostile commenting environment.  Roll Eyes I can live without Riverview.
Thank you to everyone else who took time to make suggestions.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 18, 05:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the response. That is actually the first thing I tried. It did not work and I could not find a solution through other sites, which is why I came to you guys.

I didn't realize it was such a hostile commenting environment.  Roll Eyes I can live without Riverview.

ROFFLE! Lurk moar, grow up, learn to read, read some other threads, stop whining, GTFO - take your pick. I was, in fact, being uncharacteristically polite about your grammar-mongling as well as being uncharacteristically helpful regarding your problem, trying to cover the bases first.

Take note all n00b-lovers: this is what happens when you try to be nice and try to help the terminally stupid!

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
coyote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 18, 06:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFFLE! Lurk moar, grow up, learn to read, read some other threads, stop whining, GTFO - take your pick. I was, in fact, being uncharacteristically polite about your grammar-mongling as well as being uncharacteristically helpful regarding your problem, trying to cover the bases first.

Take note all n00b-lovers: this is what happens when you try to be nice and try to help the terminally stupid!

Meow!!
I remember the first time I was shown the command win to bring up
 3.11 windows.  Feel pity for the noobs. They are they future of  leet (ohh god I hate that word) .  Peace on the stupid and ignorate. They need love and a good kick to the head. Cheesy Peace to you you Grimma ya need it.  Wink
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 18, 20:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need a good reading of the FAQ and less alcohol in your system. We do not pity noobs. We poke them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 19, 02:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meow!!
I remember the first time I was shown the command win to bring up** 3.11 windows.* Feel pity for the noobs. They are they future of* leet (ohh god I hate that word)*.* Peace on the stupid and ignorant. They need love and a good kick to the head. Peace to you you Grimma. ya You need it.*
*Unnecessary space or linebreak deleted.
Unnecessary emoticon deleted.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 19, 03:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiousity, Other than gaining a 2nd town, is there a reason to install Riverview?  Last time I reinstalled Sims 3, because a patch broke my copy, I did not install Riverview.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 19, 03:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ... not really, Riverview does come with some content beside being a second neighborhood, you can do without it but any saves you had in Riverview will be disabled if Riverview is not installed.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 19, 04:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiousity, other than gaining a 2nd second town, is there a reason to install Riverview?  The last time I reinstalled Sims 3, because a patch broke my copy, I did not install Riverview.

Well, ... not really. Riverview does come with some content beside being a second neighborhood. You can do without it, but any saves you had in Riverview will be disabled if Riverview is not installed.

Grammar Day 2009. Be the grammarian you know is in there somewhere.

murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 19, 07:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiousity, other than gaining a 2nd second town, is there a reason to install Riverview?  The last time I reinstalled Sims 3, because a patch broke my copy, I did not install Riverview.

Well, ... not really. Riverview does come with some content beside being a second neighborhood. You can do without it, but any saves you had in Riverview will be disabled if Riverview is not installed.

Grammar Day 2009. Be the grammarian you know is in there somewhere.

Grimma you are trying to hard to correct poeple.  If I can't use 2nd in a sentence, then you can't use, ROFFLE!,  Lurk moar, GTFO, grammar-mongling, and n00b-lovers.  Now i did accidently capatalize Other, however the ommision of (The) before (Last) was intentional because (THE) emphasized that I would never look again.  Also i did put a comma where you said I didn't. 
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 19, 07:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, will you look at that. Another sweet butthurt victory. Please, dear Lord Wafflecat, can every day be Grammar Day?

Grimma you are trying to hard to correct poeple.  If I can't use 2nd in a sentence, then you can't use, ROFFLE!,  Lurk moar, GTFO, grammar-mongling, and n00b-lovers. 

Firstly, it should be noted that there is a difference between phrases like "lurk moar", "n00b-lover" and "grammar-mongling" and acronyms, which are like VISA cards - accepted almost everywhere under any circumstance. All of the phrases I used are accepted memes and/or patois of this forum. Furthermore, the only one of the mentioned phrases you mention that I have used during Grammar Day thus far has been "mongling", which is accredited here. So kindly, STFU, because your fail is monumental in its vastness and painful to behold.

Now I did accidentally capitalize Other, however the omission of (The) before (Last) was intentional because (THE) emphasized that I would never look again. 

Another failed argument. Adding or omitting an article before a noun does not change the meaning of the sentence. After consideration of your appeal, I stand by my correction. A definitive article before a noun is grammatically sound regardless of your pseudo-argument of meaning and intent.

Also I did put a comma where you said I didn't. 

The point of my correction, if you looked closely, was to take away that superfluous comma. Way to keep digging that hole deeper and deeper, retard.

murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 19, 08:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, will you look at that. Another sweet butthurt victory. Please, dear Lord Wafflecat, can every day be Grammar Day?

Grimma you are trying to hard to correct poeple.  If I can't use 2nd in a sentence, then you can't use, ROFFLE!,  Lurk moar, GTFO, grammar-mongling, and n00b-lovers.  

Firstly, it should be noted that there is a difference between phrases like "lurk moar", "n00b-lover" and "grammar-mongling" and acronyms, which are like VISA cards - accepted almost everywhere under any circumstance. All of the phrases I used are accepted memes and/or patois of this forum. Furthermore, the only one of the mentioned phrases you mention that I have used during Grammar Day thus far has been "mongling", which is accredited here. So kindly, STFU, because your fail is monumental in its vastness and painful to behold.

Now I did accidentally capitalize Other, however the omission of (The) before (Last) was intentional because (THE) emphasized that I would never look again.

Another failed argument. Adding or omitting an article before a noun does not change the meaning of the sentence. After consideration of your appeal, I stand by my correction. A definitive article before a noun is grammatically sound regardless of your pseudo-argument of meaning and intent.

Also I did put a comma where you said I didn't.  

The point of my correction, if you looked closely, was to take away that superfluous comma. Way to keep digging that hole deeper and deeper, retard.
Ok maybe i'm wrong lets look closer.
Last time I reinstalled Sims 3, because a patch broke my copy, I did not install Riverview.
Last time I reinstalled Sims 3, I did not install Riverview.
Last time I reinstalled Sims 3 I did not install Riverview
You sure the commas aren't right?

Parenthetical phrases
Commas are often used to enclose parenthetical words and phrases within a sentence (i.e. information which is not essential to the meaning of the sentence). Such phrases are both preceded and followed by a comma, unless that would result in a doubling of punctuation marks, or the parenthetical is at the start or end of the sentence. The following are examples of types of parenthetical phrases:

Introductory phrase: Once upon a time, my father ate a bagel.
Address: My father ate the bagel, Your Honor.
Interjection: My father ate the bagel, gosh darn it!
Aside: My father, if you don't mind my telling you this, ate the bagel.
Appositive: My father, a jaded and bitter man, ate the bagel.
Absolute phrase: My father, his eyes flashing with rage, ate the bagel.
Free modifier: My father, chewing with unbridled fury, ate the bagel.
Resumptive modifier: My father ate the bagel, a bagel which no man had yet chewed.
Summative modifier: My father ate the bagel, a feat which no man had attempted.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 09:01:38 by murhagh » Logged
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 19, 11:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok maybe i'm wrong lets look closer.
Last time I reinstalled Sims 3, because a patch broke my copy, I did not install Riverview.
Last time I reinstalled Sims 3, I did not install Riverview.
Last time I reinstalled Sims 3 I did not install Riverview
You sure the commas aren't right?

Parenthetical phrases
Commas are often used to enclose parenthetical words and phrases within a sentence (i.e. information which is not essential to the meaning of the sentence). Such phrases are both preceded and followed by a comma, unless that would result in a doubling of punctuation marks, or the parenthetical is at the start or end of the sentence. The following are examples of types of parenthetical phrases:

Introductory phrase: Once upon a time, my father ate a bagel.
Address: My father ate the bagel, Your Honor.
Interjection: My father ate the bagel, gosh darn it!
Aside: My father, if you don't mind my telling you this, ate the bagel.
Appositive: My father, a jaded and bitter man, ate the bagel.
Absolute phrase: My father, his eyes flashing with rage, ate the bagel.
Free modifier: My father, chewing with unbridled fury, ate the bagel.
Resumptive modifier: My father ate the bagel, a bagel which no man had yet chewed.
Summative modifier: My father ate the bagel, a feat which no man had attempted.

Oh aren't you precious! You're like the failtard who thought he could!

However, you left out my edit (which, I assume, you're contesting, and therefore is sort of the point of the excersize):

The last time I reinstalled Sims 3 because a patch broke my copy, I did not install Riverview.

You reinstalled Sims 3 because a patch broke your copy. There is no need for a comma before the "because" in that case, because it forms part of your main assertion: The last time I reinstalled Sims 3 because a patch broke my copy, (and not for some other, totally unrelated, reason), I did not install Riverview.

This is called a "restrictive relative clause", and according to William Strunk, who is the authority on grammar and correct language usage:

Restrictive relative clauses are not set off by commas.

The candidate who best meets these requirements will obtain the place.

In this sentence the relative clause restricts the application of the word candidate to a single person. Unlike those above, the sentence cannot be split into two independent statements.

Now I understand that "restrictive relative clause" may be a bit advanced for you, and it's certainly not covered in your "commas 101" argument, but unfortunately I can't help how stupid you are.

So once again, after careful consideration (and considerable pointing and laughing), I reject your appeal and stand by both my correction and my ridicule at your digging yourself deeper and deeper into your pit of retardery.

murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 19, 12:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ... not really, Riverview does come with some content beside being a second neighborhood, you can do without it but any saves you had in Riverview will be disabled if Riverview is not installed.

SorryDrakronIgotsidetrackedIappreciatetheinformation.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 19, 13:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Drakron. I got sidetracked. I appreciate the information.

Yay! More butthurt is served.

murhagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 20, 05:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I'm not butthurt.  I just got nothing better to do.  I'm married, sitting at home till after the hollidays because i'm on vacation and amusing myself while you continue to correct my grammar.  So since you continue to insult me since i got poor grammar, next time you go to the doctor to get your anus lossen because its to tight you need to call your doctor unintelligent and a retard because his grammar sucks.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 20, 06:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snipped yet ANOTHER senseless argument.

Yo retard, my doctor didn't come to MATY and acted all holier-than-thou without even bothering to read our rules and whatnot, as found in the FAQ. Who does that? Oh wait, I know: spineless idiotic losers like you.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: