More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 10:20:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Upgrading will make launcher work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Upgrading will make launcher work?  (Read 7919 times)
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Upgrading will make launcher work?
« on: 2010 January 02, 10:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi i would just like to ask, were is the best place to get World Adventures? (torrent?) someone from another site said that if i installed WA my game launcher could be fix. is this true?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Upgrading will make launcher work?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 02, 18:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your friend lied. As for the torrent, search. It's not that hard. Think of the major torrent sites. Go to them. Use the handy-dandy Search box.

You already had a thread regarding the launcher. Why did you need to start another? You are not creating the best track record. Also note that decent grammar and a bit of thought is expected here at MATY. You have been found severely lacking. Use your SHIFT key when appropriate (proper nouns, first words of sentences) and read the FAQ. Now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 02, 20:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok. Im really sorry. I just really want my launcher to work, that's the reason im looking for every possible way to fix it. its just that, i can't really get help from other website since my copy of the game is illegal. this is the only place i could ask for help.  Undecided
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 02, 23:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed 1.8 and then installed WA, WA informed me that it would be patching to a lower update then the 1.8 and would need to be updated again once the install was finished. The Launcher did indeed work again until I installed the two WA patches.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 03, 05:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so patching the two WA patches will make the launcher unplayable again? gosh whats up with EA. what version will it update if you installed WA?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 05, 04:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly can't remember. I had been reinstalling both the Base and WA the other day, and going through every patch in turn. I had installed 1.8 before installing WA and just remember it giving me the warning.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 05, 07:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so patching the two WA patches will make the launcher unplayable again? gosh whats up with EA. what version will it update if you installed WA?
Not exactly: 1.8 and 2.3 are the patches that will royally frell your Launcher. Anything up to 1.79 or 2.2 will not, however, if you want to use Awesome mod you will need to update your game to the latest patch. If you take the time to read through this forum and others you will learn that there are ways to install and use much of your custom content even with the latest update.
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 05, 10:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im really scared configuring game files right now and i want to try installing the expansion. whatd does the 1.8 and 2.3 updates anyway?
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 05, 10:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular update allows you to use Create A World. Unfortunately it also add the bloody stupid "store mode" to your game which allows you to shop at the Sims 3 Store while you're playing your game.
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 07, 15:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so i installed WA and my launcher works now im thinking of patching again but im having second thoughts. Should i patch to 2.3? or Not? Oh, yeah and what does 1.7/2.2 patch does?
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 07, 15:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.7/2.2 patch is okay, though I'm not sure what it actually does.
If you use Awesomemod, patch to 2.3.  Otherwise, don't.  It's not worth it if you don't use AM.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 07, 19:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular update allows you to use Create A World. Unfortunately it also add the bloody stupid "store mode" to your game which allows you to shop at the Sims 3 Store while you're playing your game.
You can disable this in the options panels. I have, because I found the button gets in the way and it is easy to accidently press it.  Disabling it removes the button from the UI.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 07, 23:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but there's a chance that it could mess up your Launcher again right?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 08, 00:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but there's a chance that it could mess up your Launcher again right?

Yes, the 2.3 patch will mess up the launcher again. I can install most things with it, just not random accessories, patterns, or some hair. I have yet to have an issue with objects.

aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 08, 14:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think im sticking with 2.2 until EA fix this crap.  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: