More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 18:11:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Yup, I broke it - families, CAS won't load - FIXED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yup, I broke it - families, CAS won't load - FIXED  (Read 6690 times)
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
Yup, I broke it - families, CAS won't load - FIXED
« on: 2009 December 14, 04:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened a good three times now and I've tried everything my non-awesome brain can to fix it. I start a new hood out just fine - add sims and then after about a day or two, the game will no longer load any families or CAS. It just either hangs into eternity or I get the "The application has crashed" notice. The only hacks I have are awesome approved, no SimPE hacking, nothing. I'm not sure what sort of log to attach if one even exists but this is getting annoying. I just restarted Veronaville from scratch (as in got a clean copy from disk and restarted), had a few days of awesome gaming and suddenly it's crash city again for no reason I can see.

I've got all the packs up to Mansion and Garden stuff (no Ikea), running an Nvidia card.

I'm half asleep and frustrated, just let me know any additional info you need. I see no solution other than running a clean hood and only two families at this point.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 14, 20:19:39 by Larxene » Logged

~~ Larxene
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Yup, I broke it - families, CAS won't load
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 14, 04:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much non-hack CC do you have?  AIUI, this is the sort of thing that tends to happen when you have way too much.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 14, 04:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw crap? Really? My CC folder is insane at this point, I believe 8GB.

~~ Larxene
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 14, 11:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crikey! 8GB?!
Yeah, mate, at this point- even if that doesn't turn out to be the problem- it'd be WELL worth going through that and purging out the stuff you don't need. It'll really cut down on your loading time if nothing else.

EDIT: ... I just realised how hard I revealed my nationality right there. XD;
ANYWAY- if you haven't done it already, categorising your CC really ought to help. Sort clothes, objects, etc. and flush the things you can do without. There has to be a fair bit you don't even use if you've reached that mammoth folder bulk.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 14, 11:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have a LOT of hair I want to trash but can't seem to find an easy way to do so that doesn't involve hours of sorting via Body Shop. Skins and hacks are sorted.

Suggestions?

This seems to be the log I'm getting on crash..
« Last Edit: 2009 December 14, 11:30:35 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

~~ Larxene
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 14, 11:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exception logs are completely worthless and have zero value whatsoever. Do not attach them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 14, 12:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that Pes, won't do it again. Anything I should attach instead? I have no idea why it's doing this except the CC issue brought up earlier.

~~ Larxene
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 14, 12:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't the slightest clue why it's doing that. Never seen it before. I can only figure it's a corrupted install or tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 14, 12:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corrupted install is a possibility or the files themselves could have gotten corrupted - that tends to happen more than I'd like to admit with this game. No SecuROM so I know that isn't it.. I'll try to cut down the CC folder, give it another spin and if it's a no-go, I'll just deal with a clean uninstall/re-install because I seriously cannot figure why the crap it's reacting this way.

EDIT - Cleaned out some items in my objects catalog, I had duplicates. Obviously they had different names/numbers etc. Killed an entire section of hair I've been wanting to for months and got rid of some genetics I didn't need too. I read some other threads here and went to delete all the cache files (pesky things, this didn't work before but nothing wrong with a second go) and cleared my thumbnails. Boom, game loaded like a charm. No idea which did it but at least it's fixed for now.

I'd still appreciate any suggestions to help cut down my CC - what do files with only numbers and no names mean? Is there a viewer I can use to just see what's what and help purge the non-awesome from my folder?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 14, 20:35:40 by Larxene » Logged

~~ Larxene
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Yup, I broke it - families, CAS won't load - FIXED
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 15, 22:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A file with no names, only a long string of random numbers and letters, is a junk file created by snorting crap through the EAxis installer. You should never install things this way, and should delete all such files on sight.

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 16, 01:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For clothing, you can use the Wardrobe Wrangler to see what the files are, but have you tried using the Compressorizer on your CC folder? I don't know if it'll help the loading, but it will make the files smaller.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 16, 14:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha that does help. Thanks for the tip.  I don't like to randomly delete things that I have no idea about though I was pretty sure the files without names that are just numbers were junk but clearing that up eases my mind about purging the stupid things.

Budgie - where are those programs from? I think my biggest problem is useless hair going back to the days when there wasn't a great variety of odd colored hair or decent male styles and I had to take what I could get. Most of them look like utter crap now. Just killed everything I could find from Genesims.

~~ Larxene
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 16, 22:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both programs can be found at DJSSims, here.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: