More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:26:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Funny named stuff in WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Funny named stuff in WA  (Read 3379 times)
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Funny named stuff in WA
« on: 2009 December 12, 20:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone remember the Riverview borkedness when we had sims showing up with asterix names? I'm having that problem now with WA. It only affects WA items, everything else has correct names, but the new stuff and sims added by WA are all affected. Both the names and the descriptions of the items are codes. I have and ARRed Reloaded version. I tried reinstalling four times now, tried it with and without the latest patch, with and without the crack, no go. (Tried reinstalling Riverview, too, even though it didn't seem like the cause, but it did nothing) The game actually works, but is annoying like hell...

Specifics: Reloaded patched up to 1.7
WA Reloaded, patched or not
Windows 7 x64 - maybe that's the culprit, the previous 3 installs it said something about the exe not installing correctly, even though the installer said it was successfull and the patch went over fine, too...
Comodo Firewall already disabled, as I found that it was the cause of the first borked install (where launching the game would freeze up my comp with a black screen)

Any ideas?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Funny named stuff in WA
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 13, 16:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have any mods, reinstall. If you do have mods take them out. See 3rd Response in this post here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17330.msg502593.html#msg502593
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 13, 20:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I figured it was a corrupt install, so I reinstalled... five times so far. This last time I turned off everything before install, all windows security, avast, firewall, even firefox, everything. Even so, this last is even more corrupted: when I try to switch to windows with Alt+Tab or Windows button, or turn the game off, it goes to black screen, and I have to turn the computer off manually. My question is: WHAT could be still interfering with the install? And only the WA? I'm new to W7, I bought it only a week ago...

I see you had the same problem, did a simple reinstall fix it or what else did you do?

So, sixth reinstall, back to square one: black screen, manual reset. I think I'll go back to Morrowind for a while...  Angry
« Last Edit: 2009 December 13, 21:14:04 by Enelen » Logged
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 13, 23:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it was a rogue mod that had not been removed. Did you try re-torrenting the .iso? If the.exe gives an error installing you probably had some error when downloading or used a bad torrent. W7? Windows 7? I have no experience with it, using XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: