More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:41:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool (A.K.A Trouble Alert?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool (A.K.A Trouble Alert?)  (Read 18877 times)
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
Re: New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool (A.K.A Trouble Alert?)
« Reply #25 on: 2009 December 11, 17:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several places mentioned Dec 10 as release date, but I won't squabble over semantics since it's likely the Facebook page may be where they all got it.

The in-game shop feature isn't that weird - a lot of games now have the ability for you to buy things once you are playing. I also play Dragon Age Origins, also produced by EA. It has an in-game area to buy things. The reason I mention it is because I am concerned about shared files. We all have shared store files and they work fine post-compression. But there are files in Dragon Age that actually seem to phone home. The game will verify that you actually are supposed to have the DLC you have installed. I don't know if this is another "feature" of this in game Store, but I do wonder.
Harumph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 December 11, 18:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was excited about CAW until I caught this thread. I had no idea the in-game store thing was going to be linked to CAW. EA can kiss my ass. I'm not touching CAW until I read here that it's been made safe and phone-home-proof.
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 December 11, 20:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god...

C-A-W = create-a-wah

End users will baw at the horrendous errors and ea store bugs while modders everywhere will need to work double time to develop even more fixes and mods to fix new world errors.  In other words, the game will be even buggier than before (props to EA for working the impossible) and they willl continue to find sleazy money making schemes that do nothing but ruin what's left of their image.

Frankly EA should get their heads out of their asses and fix their stupid game, remove the dumb downloader that doesn't even WORK before introducing more crap and spyware that will do nothing but ruin the sims line for good.
Eva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 December 11, 20:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Introducing - Shop Mode! You heard right folks. The December update will introduce a button that will allow you to shop from The Sims 3 Store from inside your game.
Wow, whoever wrote this almost made that sound like a good thing. I'm unsure if I should praise his/her talent for euphemisms or wish him/her to suffocate on something. Well, probably the former ... then the latter.
LOL!!! It makes me think of a frozen dinner I got once that said in very large letters on the package "ONLY 700mg OF SODIUM!!!  Obviously this is a huge amount of salt for a single meal, but they were marketing it as if being loading with salt is a good thing. EA is employing the same tactic, apparently. I don't want the retarded Shop Mode, either.  It sounds awful.  It sounds like it will cause more problems.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 December 11, 22:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. But I bet it's the Shop Mode that delayed the release of CAW.
I don't really believe it exists. Notice how they've been posting fake screenshots of it, yet there's no such thing? It's a big fake, I say.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 December 14, 01:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can actually see one good thing in the shop mode ability. Right now, there is only one view of an item. It would be nice to see a 360 view and to know what items are recolorable. I don't like to put a lot of extra stuff in my game and I want to know that the pink end of the blinds or the counter decoration isn't recolorable before I download and install it. I would, however, like to have that function turned off for normal game play.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 December 14, 11:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can actually see one good thing in the shop mode ability. Right now, there is only one view of an item. It would be nice to see a 360 view and to know what items are recolorable. I don't like to put a lot of extra stuff in my game and I want to know that the pink end of the blinds or the counter decoration isn't recolorable before I download and install it. I would, however, like to have that function turned off for normal game play.

Hmm... that would be helpful but its not worth it anyway.
jeredwolffe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 December 17, 00:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just another n00btard reporting that as of 7pm Eastern I'm DLing CAW.  Its DLing as a standalone program though the patch is supposed to incorporate an in game "Edit" mode

Good gaming
Dire Weasel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 23, 03:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shop mode is HORRIBLE. I have not clicked the button (I'm afraid to) but in my game it is all shiny and distracting as hell.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 December 23, 06:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then go to Options and disable the damned thing. First thing I did after starting up the game post-patch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 December 23, 14:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KILL IT WITH FIRE, and stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dire Weasel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 December 27, 09:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy shit how did i not notice that?

Thank you sir and/or ma'am for assisting me with that.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: