More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 10:22:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool (A.K.A Trouble Alert?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool (A.K.A Trouble Alert?)  (Read 18872 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool (A.K.A Trouble Alert?)
« on: 2009 December 10, 12:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - Beta!
POSTED ON 12/08/09 07:36 PM
Happy Holidays Simmers!

We wanted to let you know that a new Game Update for The Sims 3 and the release of The Sims™ 3 Create a World Tool - BETA will be coming this month.  Updates are the primary way for us to offer new features for your games, address any issues, and keep you up-to-date on the latest information to support online features.  The upcoming December update will include several items, but we'd like to tell you today about one new feature specifically that we're really excited about.
Introducing - Shop Mode! You heard right folks. The December update will introduce a button that will allow you to shop from The Sims 3 Store from inside your game. This new feature will enhance your shopping experience at The Sims 3 Store and allow you to access The Sims 3 Store via Shop Mode from the main menu, build or buy mode or during Create-a-Sim. As you purchase new items, they will be added to your catalog, while your game is running.  You can browse the full Store catalog directly from your game and purchase furniture, décor, hair, clothing - without ever closing your game. This is a really exciting new experience for The Sims series, and we look forward to sharing with you!

Create your own worlds for The Sims 3 this December!
Create and share unique new worlds that you design with The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - BETA.  Download for free and step into the shoes of The Sims 3 development team by using the same tools the team uses to create worlds and towns for The Sims 3.
Stay tuned for specific details on the Game Update coming in December including everything it will provide and more news around Create a World Tool - BETA.

Thanks,
The Sims 3 Development Team

I think that this update is going to cause problems - again (Surprise, surprise). New items? I can live with that?

Shop Mode - What. The Hell.

Who would use that? And it's probably going to slow the game down as it may constantly be trying to connect to the server. And what about the people who got the free store items from here? Will the Shop Mode add on scan for invalid store items every time you load it and tell you to remove the items? I may be pessimistic about this update but I don't think there has been a single patch without problems. Oh yeah, will Shop Mode complicate Awesomemod (If thats more possible, a mod that good has to be complex)?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 10, 14:26:45 by ElectricSimmer » Logged
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
Re: New Update Coming & The Sims 3 Create a World Tool (A.K.A Trouble Alert?)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 10, 13:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shop Mode sounds craptastic. And I don't want new items because the trade off will mean an even more broken game. EA updates are the devil's work.

On the other hand, I do want Create a World. I heard this piece of L&P was supposed to be released today, but I suppose I can wait a bit longer. I really want to make a more urban/compact hood than Sunset or Riverview. Having looked at the screenshots, this tool looks pretty good - much, much better than using SC4 to make terrains.

If it turns out to be as good as it looks, then I won't even hold a grudge against EA for not giving us neighborhood tools from the outset.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 10, 13:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I want Create - A - World as well to make something a bit more densely populated and Belladonna Cove like (Small city-ish). The patch I don't want. Guess its a packaged deal: No patch, No CAW.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 10, 13:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Horror, The Horror!
I say no to Shop Mode. The launcher is a slow enough piece of utter crap when installing items, then now they're inciting you to buy and download while running the game? Expect to see more errors and crap.
Create-A-World, however, will be greatly appreciated. I can finally make a small neighborhood like our tiny rural.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 10, 14:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure that Spyware Mode is something I am going to have to hunt down and kill. Because the last thing anyone needs is an ET PHONE HOME button, likely positioned in a spot you can frequently and accidentally press like that annoying movie-filmer button, which will instantly reveal all of the personal details of your game and computer to the EAxian masters.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 10, 14:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure that Spyware Mode is something I am going to have to hunt down and kill. Because the last thing anyone needs is an ET PHONE HOME button, likely positioned in a spot you can frequently and accidentally press like that annoying movie-filmer button, which will instantly reveal all of the personal details of your game and computer to the EAxian masters.

Please destroy it when you can! Spyware is just... i hate it.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 10, 14:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm excited for Create A World.  I have no need for the Shop tool.  Hopefully it can be squished. 

I wonder if Create A World includes any type of townie/sim/npc editor for your new town you create, or if it will suck in the old templates.  I find all of my NPCs have the same face structure.  I would love variety so I can marry them, but right now...meh.  I let the Super Computer eat them.
Spike
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 10, 14:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to EAxis.

I'll be having a heart attack if the original update even installs without needing to be patched like the last screw-up.

End of the day, whatever they throw at us, I'm sure it'll be fixed within days (including time to install the patch that fixes the cocked-up update).
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 10, 16:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read about this 2 seconds ago and immediately came here. I feel safe here. Sad, right? After the "quesy rage" subsided, I've made the decision to not play with my InterWebby active anymore, although EA's concern with us all being able to buy things will somehow override even playing with it off. Sirens and lockdown when I do connect to the Internet? Wreaking havoc on other games installed on my computer?

EA: expect the worst!

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
smashthecat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 10, 17:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA seems really concerned that we are connected to the internet when we start are games.The first time I read their welcome page on the launcher while disconnected took me by surprise.I am not to crazy about in order to get this,you have to have that in order for this to work.I would love to have the world tool without the shopping hook up in the game.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 10, 18:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA seems really concerned that we are connected to the internet when we start are games.The first time I read their welcome page on the launcher while disconnected took me by surprise.I am not to crazy about in order to get this,you have to have that in order for this to work.I would love to have the world tool without the shopping hook up in the game.

Maybe they're trying to go the route of Steam, although I love Steam. Or maybe the Store isn't making as much easy cash they thought it'd be making and are trying more routes to remedy this.

In game Pop-up ads are soon to come, no? "Your child Sims are about to age up to teen? Why not buy him/him this lovely new hairstyle!"

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 10, 18:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play all of my games on a separate hard drive with no internet access so regardless, that will be a useless button for me.  However, if it is able to be killed so I don't accidentally click on it and hear crap about not being connected to the internet, that would be great.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 10, 19:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're trying to go the route of Steam, although I love Steam. Or maybe the Store isn't making as much easy cash they thought it'd be making and are trying more routes to remedy this.

In game Pop-up ads are soon to come, no? "Your child Sims are about to age up to teen? Why not buy him/him this lovely new hairstyle!"
Or some guy would come to any new house you make and deliver a computer with a big pop-up about how awesome the next sims game will be.

Oh, wait.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 10, 19:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Introducing - Shop Mode! You heard right folks. The December update will introduce a button that will allow you to shop from The Sims 3 Store from inside your game. This new feature will enhance your shopping experience at The Sims 3 Store and allow you to access The Sims 3 Store via Shop Mode from the main menu, build or buy mode or during Create-a-Sim. As you purchase new items, they will be added to your catalog, while your game is running.  You can browse the full Store catalog directly from your game and purchase furniture, décor, hair, clothing - without ever closing your game. This is a really exciting new experience for The Sims series, and we look forward to sharing with you!
Wow, whoever wrote this almost made that sound like a good thing. I'm unsure if I should praise his/her talent for euphemisms or wish him/her to suffocate on something. Well, probably the former ... then the latter.

Now, if they would have managed to integrate this Create a World thingy into the game to enable modifying of existing 'hoods, that would have been something.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 10, 19:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shop mode could... possibly be made worse... if it hijacked the in-game TVs and replaced them with live streaming advertisements... The shopping channel becoming a showcase showing off new store crap.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
VegaBlack
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 10, 21:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was really looking forward to C.A.W. and now to add to that disappointment, they want to spam up my game with their store crap? Unless this shop mode BS opens the door to allow user-made CC to be downloaded in-game as well, or update mods and test them without restarting, DO. NOT. WANT!
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 10, 21:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just annoyed because originally Create a world was due out today and it isn't, and now I find out about in game shop. I'm not that worried, we'll kill it with fire. Ah well. Back to breaking crap with my Dragon Age toolset.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 11, 02:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just annoyed because originally Create a world was due out today and it isn't, and now I find out about in game shop. I'm not that worried, we'll kill it with fire. Ah well. Back to breaking crap with my Dragon Age toolset.

There was no official word that CAW was to come out today. The only place that said that was the German Sims 3 Facebook page, it was never posted on the official site.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 11, 05:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who wants to bet we will need High End Lot Stuff which is coming out next month to run the patch and Create-A-World properly?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 11, 06:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not next month. February.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 11, 08:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought it was coming on the 26th of January. Thats probably the North American release date though...
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 11, 08:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I'm so glad you said that because I was coming here to ask if you'd look at turning that nonsense off when it arrives in the patch. All it's going to do is load my game down with junk I REALLY don't need.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 11, 08:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought it was coming on the 26th of January. Thats probably the North American release date though...
I've been hearing February 2nd forever, but I'm in North America as well. I've been getting info off the net though, and not from any local dealers.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 11, 08:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no new stuff pack. New stuff packs are nothing more than lies and propaganda created by the Liberal-controlled media.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 11, 16:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was no official word that CAW was to come out today. The only place that said that was the German Sims 3 Facebook page, it was never posted on the official site.

True. But I bet it's the Shop Mode that delayed the release of CAW.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: