More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 21:44:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Family tree editing for offspring of pre-existing Sims, from previous save?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family tree editing for offspring of pre-existing Sims, from previous save?  (Read 3997 times)
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Family tree editing for offspring of pre-existing Sims, from previous save?
« on: 2009 December 27, 11:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having an issue neither Awesomemod's options nor Twallan's Supercomputer seem to be helping me address. I was playing a female I made in Sunset Valley, who had three children from premade guys (two by Hank Goddard and one by Leighton Sekemoto, if that matters). That 'hood decided to go BFBVFS on me, so I exported the family and started them over in a fresh Sunset Valley. However, no matter what I do, the fathers refuse to add the children to their family tree. I've tried removing the father-child relationships and re-adding them, but they won't remove. Each of the children shows the father in their version of the family tree, but the respective fathers don't have this reciprocally, since the children were sired by previous iterations of themselves, I suppose.

Does anyone know of a way I can fix this?... I've tried Awesomemod's Geneology options, and Twallan's Supercomputer as I mentioned. I didn't see any EAxis options to correct this, though I might be wrong. Each father is correctly showing the other children they've had, each child is showing all their siblings, and all children with fathers from this Sunset Valley save are showing correctly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Family tree editing for offspring of pre-existing Sims, from previous save?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 27, 11:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to sever the connection between the children and this "ghost" father first, since you cannot give a sim more than two parents.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 27, 11:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was something like that. How do I do that? The current-world versions think they has a blood relation to them, or at least that's what it's telling me. How do I access the 'ghost' fathers?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 27, 11:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that, I don't know. I've never tried that. See if there's an option to remove a genetic link somewhere?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 27, 11:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried the Twallan 'Remove Parent' option, but it doesn't seem to work for this instance. Changing the appearance of one or another of the fathers updates the portrait in the childrens' family trees, so maybe it's an incomplete reference of some sort? The sims themselves seem to 'realise' what their relationship to each other is, the only obvious symptom is that one stubborn link. Is there any means of purging relationships entirely? ...It annoys me enough to do that and relink the trees.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 27, 11:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"One or another of the fathers"? Yeah, you simply broke it. In the future, do not attempt to transfer a fambly into a neighborhood that already has an incarnation of one of the relatives. Just don't do that.

Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 27, 12:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops, sorry, my idiot way of saying that I can change the appearance of the current version of both men who have fathered children in the past neighbourhood, and the portraits both update in the child's trees.

Think it's likely to cause a major issue anywhere?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 27, 13:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm saying whatever you have done has borked your neighborhood beyond your ability to fix it. Start over. And don't do it again.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: