More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:07:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Jealousy Controller Error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jealousy Controller Error?  (Read 3763 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Jealousy Controller Error?
« on: 2009 December 09, 21:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this error while playing an apartment.  Clicking on reset didn't work, so I eventually had to use delete.  (Does this mean that the Jealously Controller is completely gone from the lot forever, or will it respawn the next time I play?)

Background/context:  The apartment has two playable families living in it, and a third that was moved out the last time I played any of them.  The third family was visible in the apartment they used to rent, though the door said "vacant", and continued to loiter around the lot until I deleted them with move_objects, at which point their previous apartment was reset, a townie moved in, and the apartment was blacked out, as usual.  This is consistent with my other experiences of moving sims out of multi-family apartment complexes.

NID 522 (from the error log) refers to a sim living in the apartment I wasn't playing (not the one that was moved out of, either).  For some reason, the character file was more than twice as large as any other character file in the hood (3.6 MB), though SimPE had no problems opening it.  If the sim was on the lot at the time of the error, it was in its apartment where I couldn't see it.  I don't know of any reason for it to have been elsewhere, though, as it was the middle of the night and has a day job.

I have no hacks that might affect jealousy, except for romancemod and ACR.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 10, 14:20:38 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Jealousy Controller Error?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 10, 14:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error you're getting represents an error condition that is not supposed to be possible, and I've never encountered such a thing before, as something is apparently initializing the jealousy emitter with garbage that is not a sim (Are your sims flirting with furniture, like Mitten?), but I have added a trap to catch and discard this condition silently, so that something else can blow up later instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 10, 19:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  It may or may not be relevant, but when I went to play the other playable apartment on the lot, it threw similar errors, beginning with an error on one of the sims who had just moved out.  I didn't get a chance to check the logs afterward, but I can post them here later if you think it'd help.  It also only happens on this lot - could it be an issue with a borked move-out?  I did use the lot debugger to fix the apartment residencies.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 12, 11:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updated romancemod is throwing errors now every time a romantic interaction is contemplated by both playables and non-playables on all lot types.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 12, 12:04:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 12, 12:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: