More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:50:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Babysitter Can't Pick Up Baby/Toddler
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Babysitter Can't Pick Up Baby/Toddler  (Read 4194 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Babysitter Can't Pick Up Baby/Toddler
« on: 2009 December 05, 18:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game just will not behave itself. At first I just thought I'd fallen on a crop of incompetent babysitters, as many of them are. Once I'd selected the toddler in question, though, I noticed that "pick up" actions were being queued and dropped. Several of them in a row were dropped before the sitter finally gave up. My game is patched to 1.7.9 and my AwesomeMod is updated. I tried testing it on a mod-light environment, but if it's being caused by a mod I can't find it. Controllables have no difficulty interacting with babies or toddlers, it's only NPCs.

Has anyone encountered this? I'm inclined to think it's a patch bug, but I've only just installed the patch, and I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone else. Of course, it's possible that everyone but me has utterly despaired of the babysitters.
Fubuki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Babysitter Can't Pick Up Baby/Toddler
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 05, 23:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having this problem. It can't be mods because I only use one. I'm willing to bet it's yet another issue with the patch.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 06, 02:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have exactly the same problem, but with WA (fully updated... 2.2.8 or something?). It was frustrating with baby twins and a working single mom. They'd be in the red before she came home.

I've been looking for other mentions of this problem, but didn't find any, so idk. I have some CC, but not really any mods other than a constantly updated AM.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 06, 02:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem, too, but I thought I had just done something stupid. I used moveobjects on to take my toddler out of her crib, and after a bit of glitching, the babysitter finally interacted with her. Then he put her down and it was back to using a max motives cheat until her father got home. At least it keeps the social worker away, though.
Mastra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 06, 17:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having this problem. It can't be mods because I only use one. I'm willing to bet it's yet another issue with the patch.

I have this problem too, and I think it's a bug with awesomemod. There's no mention of this problem anywhere on the official forum

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/jforum.page?module=search&action=search&search_keywords=sitter&match_type=all&search_forum=&sort_by=time&sort_dir=DESC

I'm gonna try it again later without awesomemod to make sure.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 09, 21:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The official forum is not a good source for this sort of thing.
E-double
Asinine Airhead

Aye!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 10, 17:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem with awesomemod installed. When I take out awesomemod, the problem is resolved. I reported it in the AM bug thread.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: