More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:59:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New WA. New problems with crashing, freezing, and utter crap.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New WA. New problems with crashing, freezing, and utter crap.  (Read 2460 times)
missbonbon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
New WA. New problems with crashing, freezing, and utter crap.
« on: 2009 December 07, 01:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is in the wrong section, please forgive me. I tried to search around under "The Sims 3; Crashing," and noticed most of the issue threads were posted here.

My issues began with Sims 3 a little bit ago, when I had purchased a new computer. I had removed some of the good parts from the new computer, and placed them into my second computer for reasons to long to go into. Essentially, I have Windows Vista x64 on one hard drive, and Windows 7 x64 on another hard drive. I only have the two different hard drives in because I was transferring files from D: drive(Vista) to C: drive(7.)

I had installed Sims 3 onto D: drive, but I installed another copy of it onto C: drive. Again, because I am removing D: soon. So I fired up The Sims 3, using the Win7 hard drive, and the game loads incredibly slow, with no CC or even launcher content. So I did some reading on here, and got FPS limiter, and limited my FPS to 30. Ran the game again, and it was fine loading. So I put all of my launcher content back in, and put my .package files back in. Started the game again, and was playing fine for a couple of minutes until my game started glitching out pretty badly. One example was my Sims dish washer had broken, and whenever I told her to repair it, she would walk over to the dish washer, bend down, then be reset somewhere out on the lawn. So I told her to call the repair man, and the call went through fine, but then almost 10 repairmen spawned on the edge of the lot infused together and looked like Kali. So I quit the game, downloaded AM, read all the information on that on how to set it up, and started the game again. This time the game ran incredibly slow again. So I tried following Shannog's guide on cleaning up the homeless in the town. Doing that procedure just caused my game to crash.

So I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and test played again before putting .package files. This time I have no AM, but I still have FPS limiter. My game is still choppy, and can only be played for a maximum of twenty minutes before crashing. I read on MTS to run a process monitor in the background that focus's on just Sims 3 related tasks to try and find offending .package files that are continuously reloaded. From this program I have removed about a quarter of my downloads folder, and have noticed a slight speed increase, but I still continue to have crashing issues.

The Sim I am currently trying to play, upon move in got the opportunity with the broken household items and flooding. Immediately upon loading the lot, the game spawns 12 infused repairmen on the side of the lot. When I exit, reload the game, and am on the neighborhood screen, the game does not recognize that there is families currently moved into the neighborhood. I can't select lots that are supposed to have families living there, and upon mouse over the game will indicate that the houses are empty. When I go to "Edit Town," the game will all of a sudden recognize all of the original families again, and let me select their lots.

So I come asking after that long and probably tiresome to read rant, to see if anyone has any ideas. My game has been patched up to the 2.2 or whatever those numbers are, seeing as I have WA. I have ran CCleaner, and Defraggler, along with Windows built in defragment program multiple times over the past week or so. I have ran Driver Detective, and updated all of my drivers. The only background programs that I know of should be the ones 7 automatically runs, and my Kaspersky anti-virus. My current computer specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300@2.5GHz
8GB of Ram
Nvidia GeForce8800 GT
With 271GB free on C: drive, 83.9GB free on D: drive, and 515GB free on E: drive.

The error log attached in the only one I managed to save from last night with the installs. Any help with this would be appreciated greatly, and again I apologize if this has been answered ten fold. I tried searching the first couple of pages on this section for some clues or answers, and could be very possible I overlooked it. If I did feel free to P&L. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 December 07, 01:19:14 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: