More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:38:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Entire savegame gone after awesomemod install
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Entire savegame gone after awesomemod install  (Read 4081 times)
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Entire savegame gone after awesomemod install
« on: 2009 December 06, 15:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the awesome mod and the framework files following the directions in coconnor's post and the game loaded up without any problems. I did however notice that it didn't seem to work 100% as the cheat functions I tried didn't take. When I tried to save the game I got the old error #12 message. it usually only happens when something is occurring in the game such as a party or something and it's gone in a couple of sim hours, but this time I couldn't save at all. When I exited to neighbourhod view and tried saving from there the whole game crashed.

When I load the game now my entire saved game seems to be gone and I only get the 'start new game' option. I have a backup of my Saves folder from a few days ago, but I'm afraid to start moving files around without knowing what I'm doing. On that note it is entirely possible that I didn't install the framework files correctly.

I also have my sims program files on a separate drive in different folders because I don't have room for the game on my main drive. I don't have any other hacks or mods installed aside from hair and eye replacements. I don't really care about the awesome mod anymore, but is there any way to recover my game?
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Entire savegame gone after awesomemod install
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 06, 16:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really care about the awesome mod anymore, but is there any way to recover my game?

A lesson to anyone.  Before installing ANYTHING make a current back up at that very moment of all your precious things, sims in the library, your hoods, your houses.  A lot of times once your save is fucked, it's fucked forever.

I could blow my neighborhood up 100 million times, but I don't care!  You know why?  I BACK UP MY FILES!  Grin
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 06, 16:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could blow my neighborhood up 100 million times, but I don't care!  You know why?  I BACK UP MY FILES!  Grin
[/quote]

I did back up my save files before I installed the mod. Unfortunatelly I just started playing this particular game and I'm not sure what to do with them or if I should have made backups of any other files.

To clear things up, none of the game files seem to be gone from the folders, the game just doesn't recognize them when I run it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 06, 16:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An error 12 crash will corrupt your save. You will have to restore it from backup.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 06, 23:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I restored the game from the backup and it's working fine. Thanks for the help
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: