More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:45:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  EA Store stuff converted to package files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA Store stuff converted to package files?  (Read 6502 times)
SIMone de beauvoir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
EA Store stuff converted to package files?
« on: 2009 December 03, 00:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the solution to this question may be somewhere else in this site, but please, before you wag your fingers at me, let me say that I've been reading around and I didn't find it, probably because this site is a bit of a complicated place for a non-native speaker. Finally, I got dizzy and too tired because, to me, reading in English requires a great effort.

Then I decided to ask you, because the answer might be simpler than I think, I hope, and then it would be the fastest solution, if someone could spare just two minutes to answer.

My problem is:

I downloaded a lot of EA Store Full Sets, from this site, and other sites. First time I installed them, I used the Launcher because I wanted to be able to delete some objects I did not like and wouldn't use, ever. But I fucked up my game when the EP came out. So, I've reinstalled the game and EP. Now, I don't want to have to spend hours again installing all the extra contents with the Launcher and spend even more hours deleting the things I don't want.

Stupid Launcher has this great problem, among others: everytime you need, for any reason, to re-install your game, you have to re-install all your extra and custom contents.

One easy way to install them is undoing the Simpack files into ordinary Package files with Delphy's tool and pasting them in the Mods folder... But, if I do it that way, I won't be able to delete certain objects, because the of file names. Is impossible to know what file is what.

So, is there a way to install this EA Store Full Set Simpack files without using the Launcher, but still being able to delete what you want to delete...?? Or... is there a tool that lets you know what is inside a package file, so that combined with Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Installer I can manage to do what I want?

To sum up, what I'm actually looking for is a way to have all the EA Store stuff converted to package files that I can paste in my Mods folder, which I can easily backup if anything happens to the game or to my computer, but being able to choose from those files which ones I don't want. Like... Regal Living Fullset has great objects in it, but there's a couple of crappy armchairs I don't want.

Well, you got the idea.

Thank you. Very much.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: EA Store stuff converted to package files?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 03, 00:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1: Don't put questions in the Pudding forum.  And learn to edit; I didn't bother to read your entire post.

2: Get jfade's 3viewer, which is like the TS3 version of the Clean Installer, and use that to install the Store stuff.  It will leave a ton of package files with long number names in your Packages folder.

3: Use Echo's Postal Viewer to look at the files you extracted and find out what they are.  Re-name them one at a time.

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 03, 09:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3: Use Echo's Postal Viewer to look at the files you extracted and find out what they are.  Re-name them one at a time.

For the single objects not in Sets 3Viewer can rename them prior to extracting:
Click the packed files tab > Select the item in the box to the left > Type the new name you want (ex: sillychair.package. Best thing is to just copy/paste the display name or original filename) > Make sure to click the "Rename" button, or your changes won't stick. The name will change in the box to the left if you renamed it correctly. Now click the install button.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 03, 15:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Converting EA store material into .package format is a waste of time, as this produces mountains of unidentifiable files. EA store packages were designed to be installed as Sims3Packs via the Launcher, and you should simply let it do so. Everything else...not so much.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SIMone de beauvoir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 03, 18:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, Pescado... You told me yourself, in a previous thread that shall remain un-quoted, that you do not use the Launcher, neither recommended me to use it. Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 03, 18:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Don't use it for anything other than that one specific purpose.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 03, 18:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually download stuff I want into my Downloads folder, shut off the internet, then bring up the launcher to install things. But I'm a little particular about having those little icons next to my CC.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 04, 00:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently reinstalled the base game, and preserving my Store stuff was easy. Before uninstalling TS3, I moved my DCCache folder and its contents to my desktop. After I reinstalled, I put the DCCache folder back in its original location. All Store items appear just fine in-game.
SIMone de beauvoir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 04, 11:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great. I didn't know you could do that.  Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: