More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:04:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Various Mods aka Random Crap (was: Event Notifiers)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Various Mods aka Random Crap (was: Event Notifiers)  (Read 37252 times)
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Various Mods aka Random Crap (was: Event Notifiers)
« on: 2009 December 02, 22:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These mods are unsupported now. They're ridiculously simple and don't really justify being standalone mods. Might be good exercises for beginning script modders, though, so give it a go if you're a beginning script modder.

All mods compatible with game version 1.19/2.14/3.10/4.7/5.5/6.2/7.0.

Inform About Births
http://www.4shared.com/file/6qdoSB4Y/Buzz_InformAboutBirths_V2_1.html
(Might get a little wonky, if the parents have the same gender.)

Inform About Deaths
http://www.4shared.com/file/-UzYkAWD/Buzz_InformAboutDeaths_V5.html

Inform About Marriages
http://www.4shared.com/file/PBV9LpJ0/Buzz_InformAboutMarriages_V3.html

Inform About Pregnancies - Untested
http://www.4shared.com/file/Dbjuxy-a/Buzz_InformAboutPregnancies_V1.html

Installation/Deinstallation
Simple. Put into your mods folder to install - remove from mods folder to deinstall. There's no ingame interface unless otherwise noted.

Disclaimer
Might lead to a serious case of squished brain.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 05, 21:48:48 by Buzzler » Logged
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Event Notifiers
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 02, 22:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will test out the birth announcer, if you don't mind.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 02, 23:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go ahead, but there's actually not much to be tested. Once the baby is born, there's no way (I'm aware of) to deduce who actually delivered. Therefore I look for the parents and declare the first female parent the deliverer. Obviously this won't work properly in case of male pregnancies or if a woman pollinated a woman. There will still be a notification about the birth, but the info may be inaccurate - hence the wonkiness "warning".
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 02, 23:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go ahead, but there's actually not much to be tested. Once the baby is born, there's no way (I'm aware of) to deduce who actually delivered. Therefore I look for the parents and declare the first female parent the deliverer. Obviously this won't work properly in case of male pregnancies or if a woman pollinated a woman. There will still be a notification about the birth, but the info may be inaccurate - hence the wonkiness "warning".

I suppose I should have said "try out".  Anyhoo, I have no problem with the way you have done it, as my game is relatively streamlined, without extraneous pregnancy mods.  If this is even close to working as intended, I will be quite satisfied.  My thanks.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 04, 20:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grabbed births and deaths as ASM already informs me of marriages.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 05, 17:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marriage notifier is basically useless, as sims will never marry without either YOU ordering the act, or Story Mode pushing it, and if you ordered it, you SAW it happen, and if Story Mode did it, AwesomeStory will inform you, and there's no guarantee anyone else's storymode will fire the appropriate notifiers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 06, 09:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to take out the Birth event notifier. It caused my game to freeze (endless loading circle) several times when exiting build mode, removed it and the problem was fixed.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 06, 13:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to take out the Birth event notifier. It caused my game to freeze (endless loading circle) several times when exiting build mode, removed it and the problem was fixed.
Weird. Is there any noticeable coherence to it? Would be great if you could upload a savefile, in which I can definitely reproduce this - e.g. directly prior to entering build mode. For now I've added exception handling to the callback function, so the freezing shouldn't occur anymore.

Marriage notifier is basically useless, as sims will never marry without either YOU ordering the act, or Story Mode pushing it, and if you ordered it, you SAW it happen, and if Story Mode did it, AwesomeStory will inform you, and there's no guarantee anyone else's storymode will fire the appropriate notifiers.
I know. It's actually meant for people who use AwesomeStory with disabled InformOnStoryAction (because there's plenty of info which isn't of much interest to most players). And the notifiers shouldn't show notifications if the active household is involved, or in case of the death notifier if any of the active household's members have a significant relationship to the deceased Sim.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 06, 15:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Buzz_InformAboutBirths v1.package in, and the game does not slow down. The Process Monitor is not singling it out for problems. But I haven't really played the story mode though, i.e., no births happened during my play.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 06, 19:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be great if you could upload a savefile, in which I can definitely reproduce this - e.g. directly prior to entering build mode

Well I mostly build lots before moving in sims, and was on a blank lot in edit town mode. I did not attempt to try editing with the mod on the active family lot. Sending you a PM.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 07, 16:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@nanacake: I'm unable to reproduce the freezing. Since there are no pregnancies and no recently born babies in your 'hood, I don't see how anything in the callback function could be the cause since it's not being called. The rest of the mod is simply instantiating it and adding an event listener which is pointing to the callback function - this part is extensively tested and widely used, e.g. twallan uses the very same method for all his mods.

Right now I don't see a way how a simple event listener could cause the game to freeze. May be voodoo.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 07, 18:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. That's really weird, I will try the new version later today haven't gotten a chance to load up yet. Will try to get some sims pregnant. Since installing WA the entire game has been very bugged and slow, it might just be a lack of RAM or voodoo as you say.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Various Mods aka Random Crap (was: Event Notifiers)
« Reply #12 on: 2010 May 26, 16:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inform About Deaths updated to V2. Clean House For Everyone released.

I never really liked the bland "soandso died." messages, so I figured out how to show thumbnails for uninstantiated sims. The notifications are actually just as bland as before, since you can't click on the thumbnail (please don't ask why). But having a little picture of the deceased is at least a little improvement.

Clean House For Everyone is a clone of the Clean House interaction usually only neat sims can do. I understand EA wanted to have something to make the neat trait more worthwhile, but I think it's just a massive violation of the abstraction between sim and player. Traits are supposed to influence the behavior of sims not to deny the player a really handy feature.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 May 27, 19:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carpool Disabler uploaded.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 May 30, 14:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inform About Deaths updated to V2.1.
There was a bug in there, which could cause the same notification to be shown over and over agin. Plus I tweaked it so the "Reference Lost" messages shouldn't come up again. They were never supposed to be witnessed in the first place, and of course they didn't show up while testing.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 02, 14:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to be compatible with game version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0

Inform About Births - updated / not mandatory but recommended
Inform About Deaths - updated / mandatory
Inform About Marriages - updated / not mandatory but recommended
Clean House For Everyone - not updated / update not necessary
Car Pool Disabler - updated / mandatory
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 03, 18:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same Energy Gain For Every Bed Uploaded.
Yes, I know. You've seen plenty of these things. But these are XML mods and will fail every time a bed brings his own tuning XML. This mod will affect every single object of the bed type, no matter where it's coming from. And it will stay functional as long as the bed class itself doesn't get changed by EA. Use the SetBedEnergy cheat to configure it. The default is 1.36.

BTW: Remember to use the point as decimal separator not the comma. I tried to parse the input to identify both as decimal separator. I think I lost a couple braincells until I figured out that it's futile because - for reasons I cannot comprehend - the parameters get passed pre-parsed by the EAxian code with everything beginning with a comma being thrown away.

Concerning the marriage notifier
It's been a while since I saw a 'hood being ruled purely by EAxian Storymode, and what I saw was kind of eyebrow-elevating. It seems that whenever this abomination generates a new homeless family, it pukes multiple marriage events over the place with increasing borkedness. It even dares to throw marriage events for sims who don't even have a partner. So... I could stuff the code with sanity checks to try to distinguish the events that make sense from the ones that don't. However, I don't really see the point. And I don't really feel like making sense of something that doesn't make sense to begin with. So I have decided to leave it as it is for now. Thanks for your cooperation.
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 05, 05:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it will need more testing but every mod in my folder works fine, except for these two: "Same energy for every bed" and "Clean House for Everyone". When I send Sims to Shang Simla there is an ever loading screen. At first I thought that every time I'd get the message "script modifications detected" (or something like it, my game is in Portuguese) it would happen, but I did got the message with Twallan Story Progression ans Super Computer mods, and the destination loaded just fine.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 05, 07:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it will need more testing but every mod in my folder works fine, except for these two: "Same energy for every bed" and "Clean House for Everyone". When I send Sims to Shang Simla there is an ever loading screen.
Yes, I just spotted this myself. With my mods in the game, the game will load a world once and then stall the next time. I'm trying to provoke this bug with a debugging package as we speak but thus far I've been unsuccessful. Do you use other mods from me which don't cause this by any chance?

Sorry about that. I hardly ever reload. I just load a game test-play a mod, quit the game, change the mod and load again. That's why I never spotted this before. Impossible to tell how long it's been that way.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 05, 15:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same Energy Gain For Every Bed updated to version 1.1
Please update. There's a bug in V1 which prevents to load worlds after loading a world once (applies to WA destinations, too).
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 06, 18:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it seems ok now. Thank you! Kiss
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 07, 20:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I think that was too early Wink
I was playing the roomates in Twinbrook yesterday. Both are slob. When I click on the floor to clean house this message come up: "Clean House - FindNearestObjectToClean()returned null.
I tried again after remove the trait "slob" but the same happened.
I'm not sure this is related to your mod. I have only Twallan SP and SC in my folder. Not awesome just yet.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 07, 21:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I think that was too early Wink
Well, at least it's a different problem now.

I was playing the roomates in Twinbrook yesterday. Both are slob. When I click on the floor to clean house this message come up: "Clean House - FindNearestObjectToClean()returned null.
I tried again after remove the trait "slob" but the same happened.
I'm not sure this is related to your mod.
It is. It's one of the debugging messages I didn't bother to comment out, since it's not supposed to come up. Ever. Unfortunately I don't have Ambitions, otherwise you could upload your savegame and I could actually see what is going wrong. This might become difficult. Do you know what on the lot was cleanable at that time? Oh, wait, there can be piles of dirty clothes now, right? Are there other new cleanable things, now?
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 07, 22:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, dirty clothes are part of Clean House now.
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 08, 03:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there was laundry to do and also plates to clean and water to sweep. Sorry, my game is in Portuguese, I don't know if these terms are correct for the game in English.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: