More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:54:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  1.4 Awesome mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.4 Awesome mod  (Read 8360 times)
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
1.4 Awesome mod
« on: 2009 December 02, 17:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expect to get flamed. However, I did try to use the search. I believe that, somewhere, it was said that the 1.4 version of awesome mod is gone. However, I thought perhaps someone here would have a copy? I can't get any CC to load when I patch my game (it freezes on the load save/new town screen, if it even gets that far), so I figured "Well, screw this, I'm going back to 1.4!". Of course, stupid me, I didn't keep a back-up of awesome mod anywhere. So. Can anyone perhaps help me out?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: 1.4 Awesome mod
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 02, 17:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlikely. The 1.4 version has long since expired, and because all code updates are performed in-place to prevent accidental reversion, in keeping with the Cortez School, this version no longer exists. If the game freezes even on a fresh new town, though, something is wrong with your game: Try flushing all the caches or even reinstalling.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 02, 17:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can get it to load, but not with any CC except a no CC crack. Same now with 1.4. I've reinstalled more times than I care to think of. I figure I must be doing something wrong. I think I'm gonna give up for now, and try again when I'm less likely to make stupid mistakes from frustration.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 02, 17:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have bad CC. Hop over to this thread at MTS for more information:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=2954857#post2954857

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 02, 17:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much! I think I finally figured out my problem. Has to do with TSR sims3packs I made into package files, it looks like. Gonna try another update to 1.7, and see if that fixes it.

Nope. Still can't figure out why my game won't load. I've been trying to figure out what CC it is, but I'm having trouble with it.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 02, 19:56:18 by Araenna » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 03, 00:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a binary search, it is fast: Take half of your CC, and plop it in. If it doesn't load, take the half you put in, split that in half, and put one half of that in. If it doesn't load, take half of the stuff you didn't put in, and put that in instead. Repeat until you've narrowed it down. Even if you had 65000 items, it would take only 16 attempts to find the single culprit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 03, 01:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a binary search, it is fast: Take half of your CC, and plop it in. If it doesn't load, take the half you put in, split that in half, and put one half of that in. If it doesn't load, take half of the stuff you didn't put in, and put that in instead. Repeat until you've narrowed it down. Even if you had 65000 items, it would take only 16 attempts to find the single culprit.

Between that and using the process monitor, I figured out what was borking my game finally. It actually loads now! Thanks for all the help guys. It gets so frustrating sometimes, trying to figure out what's causing the game to bug this time. I just get unlucky with it, I think.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 03, 01:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I took about 50 files out last night, but I'll probably do a binary run through my mods to see if I can't put some of it back. Probably not though, what I've seen on MTS most of the stuff I removed is being reported now anyway. Alas.

Glad you got it working though.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 03, 05:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. As well as downloading my sims3pack files I had mad into packages. Ugh, I hate those, so unorganized..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: