More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:16:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Fix for photograhy issues. Patch 1.55
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fix for photograhy issues. Patch 1.55  (Read 84256 times)
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Fix for photograhy issues. Patch 1.55
« on: 2009 December 02, 00:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod fixes the issue with not being able to capture various rabbit holes, collections and other stuff.

Goes in mods\packages.

"fix_photographyXML_allsizes.package" is a variation that besides the fix enables all sizes, styles and zoomlevels for sims with no photography skill. Failure chance, picture cost and values are the same as before. As you level up in skill you will still get the same messages, "Your sim can now take black and white pictures" etc. Just ignore this.
This edits the same xml as before so just chose one file.

EDIT: Fine to use with patch 2.3
2009-12-22: Both files updated with fix for the dropa stones collection.
2010-02-03: While they fixed the theatre issue with Patch 1.9/2.4, the other issues are still broken. It should be fine to still use this fix.
2010-03-08: Forgot to update the thread for the 1.10/2.5/3.1 patch. Fix should be fine to use. With the constant stream of patches I won't update this thread for each one.
2010-05-18: Removed photo subjects that weren't visible in the UI or possible to capture.
2010-06-01: Ambitions/game patch update.
2010-06-07: Fix for said update.
2010-11-19: Updated for Late Night/game patch.
2011-01-29: Fix for Bridgeport theatre.
2011-10-18: Patch 1.26/Pets Update.
2012-08-20: Small fix and tweak.
2012-09-05: Supernatural update. Added the new supernatural collection, fixed Moonlight Falls theatre, tweaked the "fortune teller" photo so that it registers fortune tellers at any career level (was previously only level 6-10).
2012-11-21. Added Seasons collection.
2013-02-22: Updated for patch 1.50

No changes for patch 1.55

* fix_photographyXML.package (36.41 KB - downloaded 2436 times.)
* fix_photographyXML_allsizes.package (36.34 KB - downloaded 1285 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 August 20, 22:08:58 by Goggalor » Logged
bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Xml fix for theatre photograhy issue in WA
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 03, 02:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This works great! Is there another fix like this for the Journalism career. My sim will go to do the review but he doesn't have the option to write the review on his computer.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 03, 05:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't looked into careers or opportunies at all, so I don't think I can help you there.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 03, 21:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim was finally able to get a photo of the theatre, the spa, and the school thanks to this.  Cheesy

Now if only there was some way to manually tell the stupid camera what you were trying to point at, like a way to chose from a list of possible subjets instead of it just randomly flickering from one to the next.  Less pics of one and a half mummies that count as "Two's Company" and pics of a snake charmer that count as "My Spouse".  The arbitrary "this is what you're pointing the camera at" thing is stubborn as hell sometimes and often does not relate to what is actually captured at all (like a picture of some floorboards that says it's a pic of "Fighting the Flab" wtf?).

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 04, 00:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started with the damn camera. N00b shots don't get to zoom out far, so I have one picture of a 'big boulder' that just looks like an amorphous black mass as I could only capture about 20% of the middle of the stupid thing.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 04, 00:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim was finally able to get a photo of the theatre, the spa, and the school thanks to this.  Cheesy

Now if only there was some way to manually tell the stupid camera what you were trying to point at, like a way to chose from a list of possible subjets instead of it just randomly flickering from one to the next.  Less pics of one and a half mummies that count as "Two's Company" and pics of a snake charmer that count as "My Spouse".  The arbitrary "this is what you're pointing the camera at" thing is stubborn as hell sometimes and often does not relate to what is actually captured at all (like a picture of some floorboards that says it's a pic of "Fighting the Flab" wtf?).

Yes, some way to switch between the different motives in the pictures would have been great. There are some tuneable values in this xml that gives the "scale" of subjects. Possibly this could change how some things register. There are also two other xml files, one for objects and one for people, that gives values of for example the distance allowed between people to be captured. There would probably have to be a lot of experiments with these values though to get something better.

I just started with the damn camera. N00b shots don't get to zoom out far, so I have one picture of a 'big boulder' that just looks like an amorphous black mass as I could only capture about 20% of the middle of the stupid thing.

I was thinking of changing this, to allow full zoom and all styles and sizes available from start. I think this is possible with just changing this file. Then it would only depend on how expensive your camera is. And your skill level would only decide chance of failure and value of the pictures. This would be way more realistic. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 04, 01:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking of changing this, to allow full zoom and all styles and sizes available from start. I think this is possible with just changing this file. Then it would only depend on how expensive your camera is. And your skill level would only decide chance of failure and value of the pictures. This would be way more realistic.  

Well yes, even a camera n00b can push any button on an expensive camera. We had one of those on the IRL photography course I attended.  Cheesy

The chance of failure should be reliant on skill level, etc. I look forward to this mod.

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Fix for theatre photograhy issue in WA. NEW:All sizes and styles with no skill
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 04, 02:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that was easy. Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
Re: Fix for theatre photograhy issue in WA. NEW:All sizes and styles with no skill
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 04, 02:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that was fast!

Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 22, 00:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an observation, I noticed that the dropa collection in the collectible section and the "get a room" on sims in motion is not recognized either with or without this fix.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 22, 03:42:08 by Steele » Logged
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 22, 08:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'll look into those.

Edit: Dropa stone collection issue is fixed. The "get a room" photo is possible to capture. Make sure the sims on the couch is doing the "makeout" interaction and that it's daytime. "Cuddle on sofa" won't do and at night it seems to be overridden by the "lovers at night" photo. Also, sometimes if a photo contains several subjects you may also have to cycle through them by snapping other subjects first.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 22, 13:41:12 by Goggalor » Logged
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 23, 05:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'll look into those.

Edit: Dropa stone collection issue is fixed. The "get a room" photo is possible to capture. Make sure the sims on the couch is doing the "makeout" interaction and that it's daytime. "Cuddle on sofa" won't do and at night it seems to be overridden by the "lovers at night" photo. Also, sometimes if a photo contains several subjects you may also have to cycle through them by snapping other subjects first.

Thanks, Goggalor
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Fix for photograhy issues in WA. UPDATE 2009-12-22: Dropa stones fix.
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 02, 15:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for this fix!

I could not believe EA did not think to work on the Riverview buiildings, oh wait a minutes, in fact I did!

And including the beach photography in one of the collections when there is none in Riverview? Nice again EA!

Thanks for fixing their failures!
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 May 15, 01:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been trying to complete the photography skill records and found that for the everyday moments category the game lists 27 items internally but only 25 are listed on the skill page.

The missing two are 1. The Maid and 2. The Repairman. which is impossible to get since trying to capture them they would register as "friends or a sim in the area or maid at work/repairman on the job" just wondering if it possible to request to fix this also?

I also noticed that the Fireman is really hard to get since the fireman will most of time register as "running", "a fight" or "fighting fire". I hope ambitions would be able to correct this with the firefighter career.

Thanks.
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 May 16, 04:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a mod that add new camera resolution? I love the 4:3 resolution, but it's too small.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 May 16, 15:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been trying to complete the photography skill records and found that for the everyday moments category the game lists 27 items internally but only 25 are listed on the skill page.

The missing two are 1. The Maid and 2. The Repairman. which is impossible to get since trying to capture them they would register as "friends or a sim in the area or maid at work/repairman on the job" just wondering if it possible to request to fix this also?

I also noticed that the Fireman is really hard to get since the fireman will most of time register as "running", "a fight" or "fighting fire". I hope ambitions would be able to correct this with the firefighter career.

Thanks.

Actions take priority over type, as you just said with the fireman- a sim who is a fireman, but dressed in casual clothing and just standing around, registers no problem.

The same probably applies to the maids and repairmen.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 May 17, 00:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Claeric, Will try that.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 May 17, 13:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

Did you finish the 25 listed photos in that collection and it still wouldn't show as completed? Also not sure were you mean they are listed internally. If you are talking about the fact that they are listed as subjects in this xml that's because those entries are used as arguments in other entries.

And as for the fireman, what claeric said.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 May 18, 01:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

Did you finish the 25 listed photos in that collection and it still wouldn't show as completed? Also not sure were you mean they are listed internally. If you are talking about the fact that they are listed as subjects in this xml that's because those entries are used as arguments in other entries.

And as for the fireman, what claeric said.

Yes, I finished all 25 listed photo category for the Everyday Moments. What i meant internally listed is that when you unlock the everyday moments category, the game will list that you still have 26 subjects more to go. Been checking the pop-up messages in game and noticed the two unlisted subjects are "The Maid" and "The Repairman"  It appears they are not the same as "Maid at Work" and "Repairman on the Job"

Did the fireman as what claeric said, Kept getting "my friend" or "a sim in the area" depending on how well you know him. I did manage to get the subject via using the buyable fire mod and kept the camera on him until the "Fireman" tag appeared.

Thanks.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 May 18, 11:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I finished all 25 listed photo category for the Everyday Moments. What i meant internally listed is that when you unlock the everyday moments category, the game will list that you still have 26 subjects more to go. Been checking the pop-up messages in game and noticed the two unlisted subjects are "The Maid" and "The Repairman"  It appears they are not the same as "Maid at Work" and "Repairman on the Job"

Did the fireman as what claeric said, Kept getting "my friend" or "a sim in the area" depending on how well you know him. I did manage to get the subject via using the buyable fire mod and kept the camera on him until the "Fireman" tag appeared.

Thanks.

Ok, I think I managed to hide the maid and repairman entries properly. I don't have any sim at the moment close to finishing that category though, but hopefully it will register as completed now. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 May 19, 07:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I finished all 25 listed photo category for the Everyday Moments. What i meant internally listed is that when you unlock the everyday moments category, the game will list that you still have 26 subjects more to go. Been checking the pop-up messages in game and noticed the two unlisted subjects are "The Maid" and "The Repairman"  It appears they are not the same as "Maid at Work" and "Repairman on the Job"

Thanks.

Ok, I think I managed to hide the maid and repairman entries properly. I don't have any sim at the moment close to finishing that category though, but hopefully it will register as completed now. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Thanks very much, Will try it out.

Edit 5/26: It works Thanks very much, Goggalor.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 26, 06:17:07 by Steele » Logged
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Fix for photograhy issues. Updated for 1.12/2.7/3.3 (Ambitions)
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 01, 17:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated for Ambitions and the latest game patch.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 07, 02:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the update Goggalor.

Just noticed, that Ambitions broke the photography skill in my game. The "Home Sweet Home" category seemed to have spawned an empty subject to photograph which deducted from the completed set number on the Shutter Nut challenge.

I'm still experimenting if this is caused by ambitions or another mod or CC.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 07, 12:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it's definitely ambitions. They had added some code to take photos of crafted sculptures or sketches. Seems like they forgot to add a name in th UI or something like that. I'll see if I can fix it with this mod.

Edit: Turns out all they wanted to do was add the new sculptures and sketches to the "Home Decor" subject, but failed miserably. That'll teach me to not add their updates without checking if they actually function first. Fixed.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 15:02:30 by Goggalor » Logged
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 07, 16:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it's definitely ambitions. They had added some code to take photos of crafted sculptures or sketches. Seems like they forgot to add a name in th UI or something like that. I'll see if I can fix it with this mod.

Edit: Turns out all they wanted to do was add the new sculptures and sketches to the "Home Decor" subject, but failed miserably. That'll teach me to not add their updates without checking if they actually function first. Fixed.

I found the missing name for the Home Sweet Home by accident. It's the laundry set, You must have both washing machine and dryer inside the photo frame. No name will pop out. Got it through by completing an architectural job for laundry room.

I don't think it's your fault since the addition was subtle and only 1 subject hidden in 13 categories, anybody can miss that.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: