More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 03:07:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Invisible sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible sims?  (Read 4152 times)
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Invisible sims?
« on: 2009 December 01, 22:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so my family has been travelling lots, two trips each to Egypt, China, and France, both the husband and wife. Last trip, the husband took a long trip alone to Egypt, and when he came back, his triplet baby daughters (which the mum had imbetween trips) and the wife, are INVISIBLE. Like, not there, you can see thir plumblobs if they're selected but that's it. Also on the loading screen, there's no picture of the family.

I did do a quick search but nothing I found seemed related. No one's aged up, and nothing else is wrong.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Invisible sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 01, 22:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're running Awesomemod, you can try bringing up the console and typing fixall. If that doesn't work, try removing all your custom content and mods and see if that brings them back.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 01, 23:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. Same thing happened to me with Riverview. Whole hood was toast. I have no idea what happened. I was playing a clean game.

Now they are starting to disappear in my Sunset hood and I am fearing impending disaster. I've been backing up the hood like crazy.  I'll try the fixall. I just reinstalled awesomemod. Oh how I missed it!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 02, 04:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have any CC or mods in there when this happened. I'll try put AM back in and see if I can use fixall
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 02, 15:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put AM back in last night and my game kept crashing to desktop. So this is not an option for me. :/

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 02, 23:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had this happen. My Sim came back from Egypt and I paused the game then saved and exited while she was on the porch but before she was walked into the house. Next time I reload the whole family except her were invisible.  The save game picture was blank.  I tried using resetsim on them but it didn't help.

Going back to a pre-Eqypt save worked ok. 

I didn't have AM in, but did have some other hacks (Nraas stuff) and CC.
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 02, 23:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I took AM out because of the random crashs to desktop. Maybe wait for another patch and a AM update... sigh

EDIT: Tried fixall - Didn't work
« Last Edit: 2009 December 03, 01:46:39 by KiwiPriss » Logged
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 14, 21:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me too, after my sim got set on fire in a tomb, then used a dive well to extinguish herself. After using a shower in a can, she was fine, but it happened again after she got set on fire again. That time I used resetsim, and she was fixed. After seeing how it apparently infects other sims, though, now I'm starting to get worried...
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 14, 23:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim that had been away was fine though... Perfectly visible. It was his family when he got home that was totally invisible.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: