More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:46:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeStory not producing any babies?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeStory not producing any babies?  (Read 19409 times)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeStory not producing any babies?
« Reply #25 on: 2010 January 10, 22:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a 'hood with almost all the homes full (It's not a default one, and it's smaller, there's like 30 homes today I think) ... and they all pair off (if they're not married already) and start breeding pretty quickly without my intervention. All but two homes have at least one crib, a few of them have 2 or even 4, depending.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
miuw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 09, 04:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing the Legacy Challenge in Sunset Valley and am about to go into gen 2 when I noticed that all my friends were white-haired and still hadn't produced any babies. My Sim daughter Alicia got married to Mortimer Goth, but otherwise everyone else who DIDN'T have white hair was married, but NO KIDS! My kids go to school and befriend oldies -_-. So I searched this thread, and think I will populate my hood a little to introduce some new blood, and INSTALL A LOT OF CRIBS. I seriously hope that works!

My main question is: when Alicia was in a relationship with Mortimer and she invited him over to the house, they were hanging out doing romance interactions and stuff, and then suddenly I got a pop up saying: Alicia and Mortimer get along so well... yada yada.. would you like to move Alicia in with Mortimer? It was awesome, just what I wanted, since Alicia's sister-in-law was pregnant using fertility treatment and I was worried triplets or twins might come along; but I didn't want to exactly kick her out. Is this random or is there something I can do to trigger this event in the future?

2 more questions:
1. If there are already 7 sims in the house, does that mean that if a sim gets pregnant even with fertility treatment, the game won't let her have more than 1 baby (no twins, no triplets) if Overstuffed is not enabled?
2. InformonStoryAction is disabled for me, so I only get updates on the town when some random townie finds out that Sim X has a partner, but I haven't gotten the notification 'Sim Y has no romance victim'... Is that something I should be concerned about?

Thanks yáll!
ooglafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 09, 19:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can go into the configuration tool meant for lazy and/ or stupid people like me and set it to have InformOnStoryAction on all the time. Or else you can enable it everytime you go into the game by typing setconfig blah blah true. And I believe that you would only get 1 baby if Overstuffing is disabled. I don't know because I've always had it on. And installing lots and lots of cribs is definitely the answer. I made the Weasley family with all seven children and accidentally put them in a house with 2 cribs and they had 12 kids by the time I started having to falcon punch Molly.
Amandralynn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 26, 16:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem. None of my sims are producing either.  However I haven't had any other problems with this mod, it works great.  I am new to this mod, and still trying to figure out a lot of the features.  I have enable story progression on in options, as well as aging.  I have plenty of empty starter homes with cribs.  I think the problem might be that random famiilies keep moving into them.  I keep evicting them, but i'll go back into my game and play for a night or two, and wham, they are full again.  Is there any way that I can stop new random families or single sims from moving into my starter houses?   I don't think the problems I am having are due to awesome mod at all, but just due to my ignorance. lol

Thank you for the help. Smiley
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 26, 17:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the search feature.  In about two seconds I was able to find an explanation to your current situation.  Note: There are several threads to read before you come up with your hypothesis.  Don't just read one and think that is your answer.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 26, 18:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop being enablers. Also, for fucks sake, why are we necromancing threads? This was dead in January, then revived and dead again at the beginning of this month. Let this damn thread stay dead. Jesus fuck.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: