More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:11:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Selling games, and registered ones??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Selling games, and registered ones??  (Read 9804 times)
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Selling games, and registered ones??
« on: 2009 November 30, 19:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, I want to know what the best site is to sell games. I did some research and it seems EBAY is the best place. But I've registered my games online. Does it matter? Should I give the customer my user-name and stuff?? I have no idea Embarrassed ... What sites do you recommend? And do you have experience with this stuff? Undecided
« Last Edit: 2009 December 01, 13:59:04 by AloeOwl » Logged

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Selling my sims 2, and selling registered games.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 30, 20:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why did you feel the need to post this in two separate threads?

AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 30, 20:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, Sorry. I thought I deleted the other one Huh I'll go delete it. Please excuse my inanity. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 01, 00:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're essentially going for a sucker-sale here, as your games have no worth when resold used and already registered. The approximate value of a used game is about 5 cents, so anything you can get beyond that is bonus. However, this is not eBay, so NO SHILLING.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
audcand
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 01, 11:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the past, I have bought and sold used console games on eBay and half.com, and in my experience they are excellent selling sites as they utilize PayPal and have buyer protection. However, it can be tough to sell a used computer game, especially one that has been out as long as Sims 2 has. There are literally hundreds of new copies of the game that are dirt cheap, and when it comes to video games, new trumps used, unless you have something rare. Selling the account is up to you however.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 01, 11:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but keep in mind that with the account already registered, you cannot change the registration in any way, so the entire package is worthless. Granted, it's possible to sell worthless things to suckers, but what you're selling has a value of zilch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 01, 13:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but keep in mind that with the account already registered, you cannot change the registration in any way, so the entire package is worthless. Granted, it's possible to sell worthless things to suckers, but what you're selling has a value of zilch.

So what do you think I should do? I don't want to keep these guys in my drawer; they bring back bad memories (plastic faces, stick fingers... AHH STOP THE AGONY!!!)

sorry... I honestly would love a good deal (cause I payed roughly 370$ for them all, including spore and creepy and cute parts) But I hope they bring me at least 100 bucks all in all...

I mean they are in perfect condition... Undecided

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 01, 14:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what do you think I should do? I don't want to keep these guys in my drawer; they bring back bad memories (plastic faces, stick fingers... AHH STOP THE AGONY!!!)
If you don't want to keep 'em, then I suggest you find a sucker to unload them on. Just bear in mind that you're unloading worthless goods, and expect that anyone who isn't a sucker will offer you a price commensurate with their worth: About 5 cents a disk.

GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Selling games, and registered ones??
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 01, 16:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$100 is an unrealistic expectation for registered games that are outdated; even 5 cents a disk is too much. 5 cents a game would be more realistic. But then again, there's a sucker born every minute, and there's a good number of people on ebay that get more caught up in the bidding wars over what it is that their buying - as well as those who really have no idea.

Ebay's probably your best bet, but make sure you let the buyer know that those games are registered on the off chance that they  actually care about what they're over-paying for.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 01, 16:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$100 is an unrealistic expectation for registered games that are outdated; even 5 cents a disk is too much. 5 cents a game would be more realistic. But then again, there's a sucker born every minute, and there's a good number of people on ebay that get more caught up in the bidding wars over what it is that their buying - as well as those who really have no idea.
5 cents a disk is basically the production and shipping cost of the disk, amounting to about a buck for the entire set. A fair price, and for some, easily worth it. Beyond that, you're shopping for a sucker.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 01, 17:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AloeOwl, just man up and post it on Ebay. Quit whining. It's tiresome.

You'll get what you get. Either way, it's more than you have now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 01, 18:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AloeOwl, just man up and post it on Ebay. Quit whining. It's tiresome.

You'll get what you get. Either way, it's more than you have now.

Thanks you guys. The problem is I live over-seas (Lebanon!!). So I'll have to see if my relatives in the US have any experience with Ebay. I hope I get a sucker to buy them Wink

Anyway Zazazu, Your right, I'll get some money out of it. I just think, now, that the Sims 2 was a waste of my money. I'll have to search MOAR!!

P.S: I'm half American and half Lebanese. I'm saying that cause people usually get confused and try to avoid talking to me. Because Lebanese people are usually against the US. Don't worry I don't BITE (much!!) Cheesy

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 01, 18:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S: I'm half American and half Lebanese. I'm saying that cause people usually get confused and try to avoid talking to me. Because Lebanese people are usually against the US. Don't worry I don't BITE (much!!) Cheesy

Most people avoid talking to you because you are an idiot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 02, 01:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks you guys. The problem is I live over-seas (Lebanon!!). So I'll have to see if my relatives in the US have any experience with Ebay. I hope I get a sucker to buy them Wink
In that case, you're hosed. Software resale value isn't great and the cost of international shipping and chance of being seized in customs will pretty much wipe out any possible gains you hope to make. You could try to resell locally, but I imagine you'll be competing with local genuine imitation products, of which yours is on the same approximate level of worth, as you used your registrations.

audcand
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 04, 05:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could donate them. Granted you may miss out on a $1 profit, but hey, at least your are getting rid of them. And if you want to be tacky about it, you could total the cost of the games brand new, get a donation slip for it and write it off on your taxes as a charitable donation.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 04, 14:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could donate them. Granted you may miss out on a $1 profit, but hey, at least your are getting rid of them. And if you want to be tacky about it, you could total the cost of the games brand new, get a donation slip for it and write it off on your taxes as a charitable donation.

I have the "good" trait, but it only comes out from its lonely hole during cave-ins Tongue hehe

Most people avoid talking to you because you are an idiot.

Why, thank you for your sarcasm Cheesy  
« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 15:14:19 by AloeOwl » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 04, 16:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

You shouldn't assume that people will distrust or dislike you just based on your ethnic background. That has little to do with who you actually are, and any intelligent person would not judge you due to it, or judge a whole ethnicity by its fringe members. As MATY has a higher intelligence quotient than your standard Sims site, it should follow that we as a group are less likely to do such judging (excepting the fringe members, like as to like).

The fact that you would assume such and that you are making excuses for yourself and begging for help instead of getting off your ass and just posting the games to whatever auction/private sale site you can use over there, or putting them in your country's equivalent of a garage sale (how I dumped my Sims1 disks for $5 a piece), that's what we judge you off of. Your words and actions.

The donation idea is a poor one. Any legit place is going to do one of two things:
1. Not accept it, since according to the game companies, reselling is piracy.
2. Give you a credit for about $2 per title. That's not worth using as a write-off.
That's based on American taxation, where donation credits are really only valid if you have donated more than $500 in a year. You are in Lebanon. I don't know how your system works.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 05, 14:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

You shouldn't assume that people will distrust or dislike you just based on your ethnic background. That has little to do with who you actually are, and any intelligent person would not judge you due to it, or judge a whole ethnicity by its fringe members. As MATY has a higher intelligence quotient than your standard Sims site, it should follow that we as a group are less likely to do such judging (excepting the fringe members, like as to like).

The fact that you would assume such and that you are making excuses for yourself and begging for help instead of getting off your ass and just posting the games to whatever auction/private sale site you can use over there, or putting them in your country's equivalent of a garage sale (how I dumped my Sims1 disks for $5 a piece), that's what we judge you off of. Your words and actions.

The donation idea is a poor one. Any legit place is going to do one of two things:
1. Not accept it, since according to the game companies, reselling is piracy.
2. Give you a credit for about $2 per title. That's not worth using as a write-off.
That's based on American taxation, where donation credits are really only valid if you have donated more than $500 in a year. You are in Lebanon. I don't know how your system works.

Thanks Zazazu, I totally agree, this place is different. But you never know. I mean, I've been judged before. I've even been judged at school for being American, but that's basically history. Now, I regret typing in that PS (even though it was necessary) cause there are always people that put markers on other people's foreheads...

And I also agree about not donating them, it's not that I'm don't have the "good" trait, hehe, but because firstly, No one would take them here; and secondly, it isn't that practical anyways...

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 05, 15:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Your right...
...your are getting rid of them.

The word is "you're".

Possessive pronouns do not take an apostrope (my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their).
Pronoun/"to be" contractions do (I'm, you're, he's, she's, it's, we're, you're, they're).

audcand gets extra shame-y demerits for combining the error with a typo.  Tongue

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 05, 17:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Your right...
...your are getting rid of them.

The word is "you're".

Possessive pronouns do not take an apostrope (my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their).
Pronoun/"to be" contractions do (I'm, you're, he's, she's, it's, we're, you're, they're).

audcand gets extra shame-y demerits for combining the error with a typo.  Tongue

& tank u for you're giudanc, I weall mac shur I stodie me gramir Cheesy

Sorry, but I'm only human compared to your super brain, powered by fifteen thousand hamsters...
(To the normal people)It's funny how she wrote those done like she had them memorized (I guess she does have them memorized)

Shut up, retard.  Do you know how to do that?  Can you go five minutes without starting a completely inane thread somewhere on this forum?  Your stupidity is absolutely astounding.  So astounding, in fact, that I am thinking you are a sock.  No one is this dumb.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 05, 18:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Your right...

The word is "you're".

& tank u for you're giudanc... It's funny how she wrote those done...

The word is "down".

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: