More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:47:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Wth happened to my game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wth happened to my game  (Read 10569 times)
randomnade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Wth happened to my game
« on: 2009 November 30, 07:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So before the new patch and new AM file my game was working perfectly.

Unknowingly, i dled the new sims patch and AM would not work with, sims kept CTD at start up loading. So i looked it up, yeah still in beta, ok. So i reinstalled my game and patched it up to 1.46 and dled AM again. Same problem. So i tried playing without AM. It was weird - shiny objects, sims couldnt interact, sims were missing and my family were alot younger. (much the same effects as what is happening now)

My problem now - I dled 1.79 & AM again and now my game is permanently stuffed up.

Main differences and problems;
1. Seems like my save got corrupted or something. The children had all been adults with the youngest as a teen for at least 5 saves. For some reason it was like i never saved at all, 3 weeks ago.
2. The lighting is really weird. In game its quite bright and some white/shiny objects glow and reflect light.
3. Sims cannot interact with neighbours at all.
4. Only 2 options appear when interacting with family members: dance and mean
5. Beginning save file photo is off centre.
6. Interacting with bed gives 2 more options: bedrelax and enterrelaxing
7. Neighbourhood tasks are bright yellow

Theres probably more.

Here are some pics:

Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Wth happened to my game
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 30, 09:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya!

Are you absolutely certain that you have no other mods left in the game? The missing interactions are usually caused by socialization mods.
Make sure you REALLY have no other mods (yes, this IS important ;-) ) and that your framework of AM is up to date. Some of the bugs in your pics are clearly EAxian, like the lightning. Do you have any camera mods? Remove everything, seriously everything! Cheesy

Do you have the AddOn?

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 30, 09:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So before the new patch and new AM file my game was working perfectly.

Unknowingly, i dled the new sims patch and AM would not work with, sims kept CTD at start up loading. So i looked it up, yeah still in beta, ok. So i reinstalled my game and patched it up to 1.46 and dled AM again. Same problem. So i tried playing without AM. It was weird - shiny objects, sims couldnt interact, sims were missing and my family were alot younger. (much the same effects as what is happening now)

My problem now - I dled 1.79 & AM again and now my game is permanently stuffed up.

Main differences and problems;
1. Seems like my save got corrupted or something. The children had all been adults with the youngest as a teen for at least 5 saves. For some reason it was like i never saved at all, 3 weeks ago.
2. The lighting is really weird. In game its quite bright and some white/shiny objects glow and reflect light.
3. Sims cannot interact with neighbours at all.
4. Only 2 options appear when interacting with family members: dance and mean
5. Beginning save file photo is off centre.
6. Interacting with bed gives 2 more options: bedrelax and enterrelaxing
7. Neighbourhood tasks are bright yellow

Theres probably more.

Have you tried fucking searching? or was it just as easy to start another thread for the same shit because your too lazy too search and like the personal attention your own thread gives you?

To start with the current version of AM will not fucking work with patch 1.4.6.  If you patched to 1.7 and downloaded the recent AM and it still doesn't work, then you have probably fucked up the framework setup.  If your using WA, you need to duplicate the framework.

As for the others, the no interactions have been bashed to death, and it is known and available if you look, that the "ask if single is friendly" mod, and also many "more fun" mods interfere with the social interaction, and so do many of the other social interaction mods.  Why? Because EAxis changed the structure and the mods need to be updated.  But you'll probably tell us you have never used anything other than AM.

The glowing light shit, well, EAxis changed the lighting in the game, if you read the patch release note, hence the weird lighting your getting.

Did you think that maybe EAxis made the tasks bright yellow so you can find them easier?

How about dumping all of the old saved games, which are probably corrupted to begin with, and try something that isn't fucked up before you start, like a brand new game on a brand new install, and try starting simple until you get it working.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
randomnade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 02, 07:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 1.7 with AM and just deleted indiestone. I have no camera mods. I have some game mods like 'no party max guest list', do i have to get rid of them?

What is WA? And how do i fix up the framework?

Ok I kind of figured that my saves were screwed but how do i fix up all the lighting and interaction bugs?

What AddOn?

And yes, you wouldnt believe how much i searched around. The technical talk is abit hard to understand.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 02, 08:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 1.7 with AM and just deleted indiestone. I have no camera mods. I have some game mods like 'no party max guest list', do i have to get rid of them?

Ok I kind of figured that my saves were screwed but how do i fix up all the lighting and interaction bugs?

What AddOn?

And yes, you wouldnt believe how much i searched around. The technical talk is abit hard to understand.

You are too stupid to use mods in your game. So sorry to have to be the one to inform you of this.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 02, 09:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What AddOn?

I think you're having more trouble with reading comprehension than the technical talk. Here are some answers for you to ponder:

1. If your previous mods have not been updated for the newest patch 1.7.9, then chances are you will need to remove them from your hacks folder.

2. How can you not know what the acronym WA stands for if you really have been using search competently?  It's the new EP, World Adventures. Directions for the Framework for WA are listed repeatedly in the Awesomemod tips/hints thread, go find them.

3. Re-read Wizard Merlin's post to you for clarification on your lighting and social interaction problems.

4. By Addon, Rockerduck may be referring to the new EP, WA -- got it now?

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 02, 10:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WA is an acronym for World Adventures, the new expansion pack.  Here is how to fix the framework, although if you haven't installed World Adventures, there should be nothing to fix other than to remove any conflicting mods, or those that need updating.

1.  You copy the framework files into both the base game and the expansion directories.  The paths should be something like C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/World Adventures.   Leave the empty files in both locations.

2.  Copy the d3dx9_31.dll file into the Game>Bin folder of both the above directories.  Leave those files in both.

3.  Download a new copy of AwesomeMod, unzip it and copy the AwesomeMod file into first The Sims 3 directory.

4.  Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages.

5.  Try the game to see if it works.  If AwesomeMod is working you can tell by typing Ctrl-Shift-C and then typing "showconfig".  If it is working you will see 4 pages of detail about how your personal copy of AwesomeMod is configured.

6.  If that does not work, then take AwesomeMod out of the The Sims 3/Mods/Packages file and past it into the World Adventures/Mods/Packages folder.  Cut the Resource.cfg file from The Sims 3 directory and paste it into the World Adventures directory (but again, not in Mods>Packages).

7.  Run the game again and repeat the other instructions in Step 5.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
randomnade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 05, 05:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont even have world adventures.

I went through my mods and found one which was screwing up my interactions. Interactions between sims now work.

And wow i find that surprising World adventures and WA never clicked >_>

Thanks for the help

Although i dont really see how not knowing what WA stood for deemed me too stupid to use mods.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 07, 04:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random, don't take it personally; they talk to everyone like that. You could be a genius and they would try to make you feel stupid.

I think their problem is that they have never done any searching themselves and don't realize how much time it takes going through all these threads. But I will say they are very smart. I am beginning to believe they may be professors or at least teachers. I have never felt like I was back in school more than when first coming to this forum.

But I am learning to ignore their rudeness in order to gain their wisedom...Smiley Evidentally it makes them feel superior; but that don't mean they are.

I hope with the help they have given you, you can fix your game. If not ask again. Believe it or not a lot of people on here are nice.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 16, 05:29:31 by Sandman » Logged
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 07, 06:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think their problem is that they have never done any searching themselves and don't realize how much time it takes going through all these threads. But I will say they are very smart. I am beginning to believe they may be professors or at least teachers. I have never felt like I was back in school more than when first coming to this forum.

No, most members here are very adept at performing online searches for information, whether it's googling or here in the forums. And yes, you are correct in assuming that many of the more senior members here are teachers and professors.

I have owned and operated a printing company for the last thirty years where 50% of my business is typesetting and proofreading. You would have thought I would have learned something during that time but they sure make me feel like I should go back to elementary school.

This is quite amazing given the fact that you often post with numerous spelling and grammatical errors. One would think this would make you more expert rather than so lacking in editing skills.

After a long day of proofing for spelling and grammatical error, I get on this computer to play a game and relax. I certainly don't feel like spending three times the time it takes to post a question proofing it to make sure it is perfect, especially when their own posts are filled with spelling and grammar errors not to mention having to read the answers in between irrelevant and unnecessary bad language.

But I am learning to ignore their rudeness in order to gain their wisedom...Smiley Evidentally it makes them feel superior; but that don't doesn't mean they are.

Also most computers have auto spell/grammar checks and underline words that are suspect, how can you not see this as you're typing your posts? These tools almost make it possible to be spoon-fed the correct forms and spellings so it's not a time consuming process since it occurs as you type. Your reasoning here for posting with errors makes no sense to me.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 07, 06:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, another noob white knight. Go on, only you can save to puir wee noobz!

Random, don't take it personally; they talk to everyone like that. You could be a genius and they would try to make you feel stupid.

Not true. If someone actually went through the trouble of searching the forums instead of posting something that's been answered over 9000 times, they are generally not met with derision. On the other hand, if you can't even manage the simple task of searching a forum and finding the answer in that way, using mods is something that will only lead to tears on your part.

I think their problem is that the have never done any searching themselves and don't realize how much time it takes going through all these threads.

Ahahahaha. No no, silly child. What takes forever is SPOONFEEDING THE STUPID and having to ANSWER EVERY DAMN QUESTION thousands of times just because some speshul snowflake is too stupid or too "busy" (read: lazy) to use the search and use the previous answers, or need to have their hands held every step of the way.

I have owned and operated a printing company for the last thirty years where 50% of my business is typesetting and proofreading. You would have thought I would have learned something during that time but they sure make me feel like I should go back to elementary school.

After a long day of proofing for spelling and grammatical error, I get on this computer to play a game and relax. I certainly don't feel like spending three times the time it takes to post a question proofing it to make sure it is perfect, especially when their own post are filled with spelling and grammar errors not to mention having to read the answers in between irrelevant and unnecessary bad language.
Then go somewhere like the BBS where spelling, grammar, facts and intelligence are not required. Problem solved, win for everyone.

If not ask again. Believe it or not a lot of people on here are nice.

You see, this is very, very BAD advice.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 07, 07:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random the interaction problem has to do with mods conflicting. Try removing them and then adding them back one at a time. I had the same problem.

Avent, what was my grade. If it was a C I consider that acceptable. Actually I can spell, and I can type, I can proof read but when I am in a hurry or mad and I am not getting paid to worry about it. I don't worry about it. I have enough to worry about. I will glance over it run it through a spell check make sure it is understandable but I am not going to make it perfect to satisfy a bunch of Professions who spend the majority of their time grading post for grammar and spelling because that it is ingrained in them to do so.  

However, it is amazing, that all those error got past Microsoft Word because I did run it through it.  And I understand when a post is so filled with bad grammar and miss spelling that you can't understand what a person is saying it can be stressful trying to figure it out but it doesn't justify the way you guys treat people. Everyone makes mistake and I know that most the people on here that do the complaining make the same mistakes.  At least when I spot my errors I go back and correct them. I have found numerous errors on here by those very people who don't bother. Why because they know that no one is going to condemn them for it because you all own this forum, so it seems.

I can't for the life of me believe you people can be so hateful.

All most of us are trying to do is enjoy a game and the mod that makes it ten times more enjoyable. When the game goes wrong we go through all kinds of stress trying to figure out what is wrong with it. We come to this site thinking we can find answers. We SEARCH AND SEARCH AND SEARCH then because we think there must not be anyone here that has had this problem we simply ask for help. And what do we get in return? We get cussed us out; humiliated, mocked and told to go do some more searching.

I read through post after post by people who act like they own this site and the rudeness and down right hate in those people's post, the way they talk to people is unbelievable. It really make me wonder how this site has survived this long, well I take that back it has only survived because of the mods that is available here.

But you know what I will give you all the benefit of the doubt maybe you had a bad childhood. Maybe you have to take you frustrations out on others, but one thing if for sure say what you will but you are not going to run me off with your rudeness. I will stay and help anyone that asks, if I can help, until whoever owns this forum boots me off for being so helpful if that is the policy here and it seems it is.

Well I ran it through a spell check and I glanced over it. I can read it and if it bothers you then I am sorry for you.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 07, 07:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<Snipped entitled weeping vagina noises>

Emo kid: moar crying than you.

KittenMittens
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 07, 07:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly don't see what the big fucking deal is. Use the search engine. Use the fucking spell check. I'm sick and tired of trying to glean information from the pile of shit that accumulates everytime a noob puts up a new post about something that's already been dissected a million times before. Fuck!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: