More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:24:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I have a blurry graphics problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a blurry graphics problem  (Read 5199 times)
Stephbirdie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I have a blurry graphics problem
« on: 2009 December 31, 05:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been lurking here for a while and I would some other insight to this constant problem.

I have had this problem ever since the base game; I also have WA.  I will play for a while (an hour or two) and then the graphics will go blurry.  I can't read anything and everything is very blocky.  There will be times where I can have a long playing session, but then the same thing occurs.  My computer specs are as follows:

Windows XP SP3
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q800@2.33 GHz
3.25 GB of Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO

My computer was built in March of this year.  I had to roll back my drivers on my graphics card because the most current driver wouldn't allow the Sims 3 to start at all.  If I didn't search far enough in the forums, please let me know.  Thank you in advance.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: I have a blurry graphics problem
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 31, 07:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like your card is getting hot; make sure your vents are not blocked, ensure that all of your fans are working (including the fan on the graphics card) and blow/ vacuum out any dust from your fans and heatsinks. Also, download HWMonitor to check your temperatures whilst you play:
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 31, 13:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same exact problem. Simsample is right, it's only a heating problem. Make sure you play on a solid surface; Fabric and soft surfaces tend to overheat the computer because they are good insulators. Also, try taking a break from time to time by turning off the computer or putting it in sleep mode or something, but you should exit the game also.

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 31, 13:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a heating problem? If your PC is overheating then it's a serious problem, as heat can rapidly damage your hardware. Causes of overheating are many, ranging from broken fans, underpowered Power supply, blocked vents, excessive dust, underpowered computer for the process (game), etc. It's not good to use a PC in situations where the graphics chip overheats to the point of failing. You should fix the problem, or get higher powered hardware, whichever is applicable.
Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 31, 14:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same problems, but my computer would also randomly shut off. It was, as everyone has said, a heating problem. I bought a 'cooling system' which was actually just a little platformed double-fan thing that goes underneath my laptop, and haven't had a problem since. My computer was only about a year old when it started happening, and I only had issues with overheating while the game was running.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 31, 16:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a heating problem? If your PC is overheating then it's a serious problem, as heat can rapidly damage your hardware. Causes of overheating are many, ranging from broken fans, underpowered Power supply, blocked vents, excessive dust, underpowered computer for the process (game), etc. It's not good to use a PC in situations where the graphics chip overheats to the point of failing. You should fix the problem, or get higher powered hardware, whichever is applicable.

It actually was only a heating problem. I was just playing too long and I was playing it on my lap (using my laptop)!! I know that was stupid. Good thing I got the blurry screen before it melted my motherboard. Now I play a while then rest and ONLY play on a solid surface. I haven't had any problems since. But it could also be another problem, so make sure you check Simsample's suggestions.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 01, 09:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually was only a heating problem. I was just playing too long and I was playing it on my lap (using my laptop)!! I know that was stupid. Good thing I got the blurry screen before it melted my motherboard.
The blurring is a sign that damage has occurred, not that damage will occur.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 01, 16:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually was only a heating problem. I was just playing too long and I was playing it on my lap (using my laptop)!! I know that was stupid. Good thing I got the blurry screen before it melted my motherboard.
The blurring is a sign that damage has occurred, not that damage will occur.

I know that. I was just thankful it had minor issues and I realized it before my motherboard melted. I didn't get anything fixed because nothing got damaged (At least I don't think so) I checked my hardware and it was all fine. I'm careful when I play now and haven't had a problem yet.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 01, 17:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heat causes wear, so shortening the life of components. Not good.

I have one of those dinner trays with a beanbag thing underneath it to rest the laptop on my lap with. You could also use a vacuum to get dust out of the vents.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 01, 18:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heat causes wear, so shortening the life of components. Not good.

I have one of those dinner trays with a beanbag thing underneath it to rest the laptop on my lap with. You could also use a vacuum to get dust out of the vents.

thanks, I cleaned it out. I should consider getting one of those trays sounds comfy. hehe thanks

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: