More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 00:21:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Playable sim becomes married to townie when traveling to China
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playable sim becomes married to townie when traveling to China  (Read 4146 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
Playable sim becomes married to townie when traveling to China
« on: 2009 December 28, 12:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi again.

I seem to have a problem with my game, and would like to know whether it is completely hosed, or there are anything I can do to save my poor sim.

I have WA, and have patched it but not with the world building thingie. I have played her a bit, a few days, and she has been on various vacations all over, getting to visa level 2 at all 3 destinations. One of the current missions was to talk some vacation townies into letting a guy from France crash at their place, and I did that fine with the Egyptians. But whenever i make my sim travel to China, she ends up with a broken heart because her husband has died.
Mind you, shes single, not married, not engaged, not even romantically involved with anyone, let alone Mr. Hong whose surname she suddenly aqquires. Basically the game seems to think that she has married a vacation townie, and that he croaked the moment she arrived in China. Reloading to older savegames and trying from them gives the same result, although in one instance he got her surname, but still kicked the bucket.
She can travel to both Egypt and France no trouble, but China gives me grief. Returning from the vacation does not reset her lastname, or her widowed status.
Now, I dont mind sims having a bit of a life, and I quite like a few unexpected suprises, but a grieving sim mouring a husband she did not even have, that annoys me.

So, can I somehow save my game, or is the start of global meltdown, and my best course of action is to delete the savegames, and make a new sims to play with?

Thank you all very much in advance.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Playable sim becomes married to townie when traveling to China
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 28, 12:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known EAxian bug. AwesomeMod fixes this bug, but since you suck, you're screwed. If you want it to stop, reload to an older saved game, INSTALL AWESOMEMOD, and THEN try. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 28, 12:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much, and I must indeed be sucking a lot, since I already have AM installed, and the known EAxian bug still managed to screw my pooch.

Again, Thank you. I think I will just kill the sim, save the house and start a new game.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 28, 13:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the LATEST, though?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 28, 13:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded it two days ago, and I made sure it was not the beta one for the World creation patch, which I haven't put on my system.
And I know for a fact that AM is installed in my game, as I have it set to autosave my game every 15 mins, and had to change a setting in game to make it save while I was playing and not only when paused.

Then again, I obviously suck, so when I get back to my computer, I will yank all mods (read AM as that is all I have installed) and reinstall with a fresh download just to be on the safe side.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 31, 04:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New updates are going into the newest version of the mod, most likely. Patch.

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: