More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:16:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TSR HAS DOXED YOU!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR HAS DOXED YOU!  (Read 58223 times)
Jujube
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: TSR HAS DOXED YOU!
« Reply #50 on: 2009 December 03, 16:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the situation arose from the fact that there was technical collaboration on the creation of modding tools, which has already been discussed, and I spent quite a bit of time in a chat room that included such people as Delphy, HP, Tiger (of the hood editor) Johan, Pommes, Murano and Thomas of TSR among others.  Johan, who is Thomas's twin brother is a really nice guy.  I am sure if he was in charge, TSR would have a very different face.

At the beginning, before the chatroom really got off the ground, MSN details were exchanged between myself and the TSR people.  Thomas would occasionally PM me via that, and pass on technical stuff to and from his programmers.  Sometimes he would fish for gossip, and I made it clear I wasn't going to act as any sort of double agent.  One day, in fact the last time I ever had communication with him, he asked whether as a person who seemed fairly neutral between the paysites and the rest of the community what I thought about the feuds between them, and TSR's position in the community   I told him that since he was asking my opinion I felt that TSR's reputation was reasonably good in the days they had all items in rotation and maybe he could go back to something like that.   I also told him I thought it was quite wrong of the owners to have shared customers' personal data with people other than admins (ie creators etc), and that this was a huge part of the loss of TSR's reputation.   He responded that he felt it was entirely justified to have shared this information with creators whose work was being stolen.   The conversation ended soon after that and we haven't spoken directly since.

Thank you, Inge. You certainly expressed much of the same feelings I have. I wasn't sure if you might have known something that could have altered my feelings at all, but they still remain the same. Thanks again. Smiley
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 December 04, 15:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I was on the list. All the cool kids are. Everyone should write Thomass and ask to be put on the list. It's not fair to leave us off like that. It's discrimination I tell ya.

You're quite welcome to have my spot.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 December 04, 16:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well looks like my name is on the list as well. All the proof I need they nixed the names from the petition seeing as I very seldom post here, and I have nothing to do with TSR. So how else would they even get my name. Personally it really ticks me off they have the nerve to do such a thing, if I had the means I would make certain the went down the tubes so to speak. I wonder if filing a formal complaint would do any good. Anyways I'm not entirely surprised they are idiots on so many levels.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 December 07, 18:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd, I'm not even a pay member. I just signed up with my throwaway email for the downloads. Is it the pirate avatar?

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 December 07, 19:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if filing a formal complaint would do any good. Anyways...

I can't imagine how it would; with whom would you file it?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 December 08, 00:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on the yield of the complaint, I suppose. A 0.1 kT complaint can often be filed directly with the subject you wish to complain about.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 December 09, 07:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I find out about TSR the more I feel it's a unending cluster f* of drama, pulling the wool over innocent customer's eyes, and moderator to moderator ass patting.

Kinda like deviantArt!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 December 09, 07:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The word is FUCK, granny.

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 December 10, 06:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I find out about TSR, the more I feel it's an unending cluster fuck of drama, pulling the wool over innocent customer's eyes, and moderator to moderator ass patting.

Kinda like deviantArt!

Much better.

- INTJ -
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 December 10, 07:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I find out about TSR, the more I feel it's an unending cluster fuck of drama, pulling the wool over innocent customer's eyes, and moderator to moderator ass patting.

Kinda like deviantArt!
Much better.

For further improvement, the italicized phrase should read "over innocent customers' eyes" or, if SonnetCeles means only to refer to a single customer, "over an/the innocent customer's eyes". Additional nitpicking reveals that all three letters at the end of "deviantART"  should be capitalized.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
smashthecat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 December 10, 17:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the heads up.I see that I am on the list.Why does this not surprise me how low TSR will go.I may take legal action if my internet experience is threaten by these low life's.It seems certain individuals at TSR have no life if hacking a petition is what they do in their free time.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 December 10, 18:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the heads up.spaceI see that I am on the list.spaceWhy does this not surprise me? space How low TSR will will TSR go?spaceI may take legal action if my internet experience is threatened by these low life'slowlifes. * spaceIt seems as if certain individuals at TSR have no life if hacking a petition is what they do in their free time.

Grammar Cat is displeased with your post. GRAMMATIK ÜBER ALLES!

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-life

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 December 10, 21:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on the list too. But it used an old login name of mine that I rarely use and my TSR account isn't under that anyhow. OH NOES they know my name! Whatever shall I do? Oh yeah. I don't care. What I am amused at is that Coconut later says that it was claimed that EA gave that list to TSR of all the people who where saying mean things about them. If that was the case, that list would be way longer.

Edit: Aw. Coconut called us innocents.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2009 December 11, 17:07:57 by Druscylla » Logged
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 December 12, 02:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am jealous of all of you who are on the list.  Where is my nom de plume? It's not there, that's where. How come I never get pulled into the cool online drama, but only the lame bullshit at work?

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 December 12, 04:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because you suck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 December 12, 21:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably very true, Pescado. I shall endeavor to suck less in the future.

Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 December 16, 00:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...I didn't get even half way down the List and I gave up.
Yes..I commited a sin and signed up to TSR.
But, for my sin, I was given no items, becasue everything of value (or not realy of value, becasue most of their items are a waste of NetSpace) was classed as a subscription item. So, I went away a sad panda, becaue the one item I wanted (a set of many color'd Lucky Cat Statues, made befor OFB was created, I think.) was a pay to download item.

I have never been back since.
And, i prety much refuse to download anything that has their items in the download these days. Becasue I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them on a heavy gravity world...With their feet in concreet shoes.

I did not sign a pettition, I think I would have rememberd....So, if I am on that list, I dont know why.
I would share anything I had of theirs, although, if I could find a place to share it on..had I downloaded any of the stuff they had up on the site.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 December 18, 04:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, more proof that anonymity is not only important for hackers. For the most part, anyone who got their real name or a non-free e-mail address on that list deserved it. Complaining about it definitely won't do any good (this is the internet after all, nobody cares what you think, and this goes for my post just now as well), but an extended DDOS siege would do well to show TSR the error of their ways (at least temporarily).

Edit: Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain!
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 14:58:14 by cefwyn » Logged
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 December 18, 05:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, more proof that anonymity is not only important for hackers. For the most part, anyone who got their real name or a non-free e-mail address on that list deserved it. Complaining about it definitely won't do any good (this is the internet after all, nobody cares what you think, and this goes for my post just now as well), but an extended DDOS siege would do well to show TSR the error of their ways (at least temporarily).

Hey retard, we don't do DDOS here. It's bad, and people go to jail for that kind of stuff. Pixels just aren't THAT important, mkay?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 December 18, 06:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Complaining about it definitely won't do any good (this is the internet after all, nobody cares what you think, and this goes for my post just now as well), but an extended DDOS siege would do well to show TSR the error of their ways (at least temporarily).

Hey retard, we don't do DDOS here. It's bad, and people go to jail for that kind of stuff. Pixels just aren't THAT important, mkay?

Also, MATY is not your personal army.  STFU and STFD, ceftard.

Edit to make it more clear who I was talking to.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 December 18, 07:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on that list. I'm even in the top 30. They have an e-mail address that I use only for forum sign-ups and to collect spam. I didn't use my real name. And my TSR account is under an entirely different name. I'm nearly too bone-idle to share their files, but I am thinking I may have to try to live up to my top 30 designation.

But its not something I feel I need to point at people on the list and go neener neener. If you have EVER signed up with TSR, or have ever bothered them in any way, chances are they have some info on you already and we all know they aren't the most honourable of opponents. But to suggest that we would hack them is ridiculous. Leave those shenanigans to them.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 December 18, 11:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...I didn't get even half way down the List and I gave up.

Rayea, meet the "Find" feature in your browser.

Ctrl+F, meet Rayea.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 December 18, 13:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, MATY is not your personal army.  STFU and STFD, ceftard.

Edit to make it more clear who I was talking to.

Hehe, I never suggested MATY was anything like an army, and it definitely wouldn't do anything I say. I was also not really recommending anyone to DDOS. REAL clever insult by the way  Wink

If pixels weren't important people would not get so upset about what they read in forums.

It's quite amusing to me that THAT was even the part of my post which was focused on. Was it because the words hacker and DDOS were in the same post? DDOS isn't hacking. One thing that should get you worried though is that with your real name and an e-mail address (especially if it's one bound to your ISP) it's pretty easy, for someone who really wanted to, to completely ruin your lives. There's a great possibility that everyone on that list will get considerably more spam e-mails, and you should definitely start using another e-mail address for anything important (ie. banking) as phishing attacks are likely to become more common for those people (some phishing e-mails are incredibly hard to distinguish from the real ones). There really isn't any legal process in any country for dealing with this unless you've got a lot of money to throw at a good lawyer.

I thank you for reading yet another though process by ceftard Tongue

EDIT: Fixed tag snafu
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 14:45:30 by cefwyn » Logged
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 December 18, 14:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your attempts at a reply are moot. It isn't pixels that are the important thing. The fact of the matter is that TSR shares people's personal information - and have in the past. Though several people here used fake names and web based e-mails, some people didn't. Also, TSR has attacked their own members, are careless with people's financial information and that makes the whole "who cares its just pixels?!" argument completely irrational.

And just because you can do things doesn't mean you should.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 December 18, 14:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your attempts at a reply are moot. It isn't pixels that are the important thing. The fact of the matter is that TSR shares people's personal information - and have in the past. Though several people here used fake names and web based e-mails, some people didn't. Also, TSR has attacked their own members, are careless with people's financial information and that makes the whole "who cares its just pixels?!" argument completely irrational.

And just because you can do things doesn't mean you should.

I agree with you completely. It would seem that my attempts at humor have once again fallen prey to the lack of a sarcasm tag, and, perhaps, my lack of humor  Wink. My warnings in my previous post are quite serious however. Anyone who was stupid/ignorant enough to provide real details to TSR really does need to be careful as when a list like that is leaked out onto the internet, the first people to utilize it are always the spammers and phishers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: