More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:18:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  update-help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: update-help  (Read 10038 times)
egon_weber
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
update-help
« on: 2009 November 17, 11:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am danish, my problem is that everyrtime i try to update TS3 they found a nonvalid file, i have tried to remove all downloads, to another location, but withouut succes! Grin Please give me a hint how to update my game, without destroying a homemade town, and 8 generations family!  Huh
« Last Edit: 2009 November 17, 13:17:16 by egon_weber » Logged

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: update-help
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 17, 13:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check if you properly removed the resources.cfg file. And if you changed the sims3.ini file, and/or the videocamera file, replace them with original.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 17, 15:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you been using a cracked exe to play without the disc? or changed other files, such as the gameplay.package (which some mods change)?

Any of these will flag an invalid file and abort the upgrade.  I just ran the upgrade on mine, with AM, and all my other hacks/mods/CC installed and it worked flawlessly.

You must have changed something, which the EAxis downloader and installer will have a dummy spit over.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
egon_weber
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 17, 17:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you been using a cracked exe to play without the disc? or changed other files, such as the gameplay.package (which some mods change)?

Any of these will flag an invalid file and abort the upgrade.  I just ran the upgrade on mine, with AM, and all my other hacks/mods/CC installed and it worked flawlessly.

You must have changed something, which the EAxis downloader and installer will have a dummy spit over.
I allways play with the dvd in drive, and have not made changes in game, i have a big mods, with nude-clothingm from mts, and indiestone/awesome too, but the game keep on with the fault, i can not update it!

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 17, 18:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you take out the files in the Sims 3 folder: the 3 booter, the resource.cfg and the others? There should be no files in a clean Sims3 folder (only subfolders). Just move them out. You can probably put them back later.
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 17, 21:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem starting the game when I installed the update too, it loaded fully on the main loading screen and then hanged.

But then I removed Awesomemod and it worked........although I removed indiestonemod at the same time....so it could have been that either. Looks like it could be time to finally say goodbye to indiestonemod, I really liked that mod  Cry
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 17, 23:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem starting the game when I installed the update too, it loaded fully on the main loading screen and then hanged.

But then I removed Awesomemod and it worked........although I removed indiestonemod at the same time....so it could have been that either. Looks like it could be time to finally say goodbye to indiestonemod, I really liked that mod  Cry

AM obviously needs to be updated.  It would appear that 1.6 is a core patch, and thus, will affect all core mods.  1.4 wasn't a core mod when going from 1.3, therefore didn't require any special changes to AM, but from 1.27 to 1.3/1.4 was a core patch which affected the core mods.  

We will just need to wait for Pescado to amend AM for the new patch, which hopefully won't take too long.  It seems strange for EAxis to be releasing a patch so close to the WA release, I wonder if the two are connected somehow?

I allways play with the dvd in drive, and have not made changes in game, i have a big mods, with nude-clothingm from mts, and indiestone/awesome too, but the game keep on with the fault, i can not update it!

Have you altered the original game in any other way?  People reported that previous patches failed on as little as removing EAxis sims from the library (sim bin) as this meant the game wasn't original.

My upgrade to the patch worked fine, without having to remove or delete any files at all.  Therefore, something has changed one of your original game files, that the updater is looking for to verify an original game, you need to work out which one.  You may not have made the change yourself, but one of your mods might have.

If all else fails, you might have to move your saved game and mods folders to your desktop, then re-install the game to ensure all game files are in their original state for the upgrade to work properly.

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 17, 23:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems strange for EAxis to be releasing a patch so close to the WA release, I wonder if the two are connected somehow?

They did this on purpose because they're giving people who aren't ready for/aren't buying WA the same updates and a few of the additions WA will give us, like basements, unlike the Sims 2 days when you pretty much had to buy at least one or two expansion packs to have a lot of the useful new features. I guess EA is just being, uh, never thought I'd say this, 'generous' for once.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 18, 02:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems strange for EAxis to be releasing a patch so close to the WA release, I wonder if the two are connected somehow?

They did this on purpose because they're giving people who aren't ready for/aren't buying WA the same updates and a few of the additions WA will give us, like basements, unlike the Sims 2 days when you pretty much had to buy at least one or two expansion packs to have a lot of the useful new features. I guess EA is just being, uh, never thought I'd say this, 'generous' for once.

I guess they have surprised alot of people.  I have been trying to access the details for the patch on the sims 3 site, but not having much luck, so I'll keep trying.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 22, 22:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then I removed Awesomemod and it worked........although I removed indiestonemod at the same time....so it could have been that either. Looks like it could be time to finally say goodbye to indiestonemod, I really liked that mod  Cry
Over at Crazy Town site, NRaas has a story Progression mod that is up to date that is very much like Indie.  The plus is that it will probably be Awesome mod compatible when Awesome is updated.
socklady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 07, 15:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hullo,

i don't have the latest ep, and i have removed the mod stuff, put back the original script package and i still cannot install the lastest patch. tried to play the game, but crashed to desktop after the plumb bob thing. i have tried to install the latest patch, and keep getting invalid file. can't figure out what's the conflicting file. so, i think i may reinstall the game. just need to know if the new install instructions posted work the same for me without the ep.
that's it.
and... thanks for all the hard work you do.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 07, 16:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hullo,

i don't have the latest ep, and i have removed the mod stuff, put back the original script package and i still cannot install the lastest patch. tried to play the game, but crashed to desktop after the plumb bob thing. i have tried to install the latest patch, and keep getting invalid file. can't figure out what's the conflicting file. so, i think i may reinstall the game. just need to know if the new install instructions posted work the same for me without the ep.
that's it.
and... thanks for all the hard work you do.
If you're talking about the instructions to install the framework & AwesomeMod, yes - they would be the same instructions.  Of course, this is applicable after you've patched the base game up to 1.7.9, since AwesomeMod is not compatible with earlier patches.  And, of course, you wouldn't have the issue of moving things to the World Adventures folders, since you do not have the EP.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
socklady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 07, 20:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you for your help.

Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: